please rate National Treasure for me

spongersponger Posts: 3,159
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I've always avoided watching it because it looks cheesy, but now that there's a sequel, I'm wondering if it's actually not all that bad.

But, if sequels were a vindicating occurrence, then that must mean the Mummy was a good movie, which in my opinion, is a false statement.

So, if you didn't like the Mummy and thought Dragonheart was equally lame, please chime in with a review of National Treasure.

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sponger wrote:
    I've always avoided watching it because it looks cheesy, but now that there's a sequel, I'm wondering if it's actually not all that bad.

But, if sequels were a vindicating occurrence, then that must mean the Mummy was a good movie, which in my opinion, is a false statement.

So, if you didn't like the Mummy and thought Dragonheart was equally lame, please chime in with a review of National Treasure.

Thank you.

The first one is pretty fun to watch. It's not the best but if you have 2 nephews that like movies like that its well worth it. I can't wait for the sequel. :)
  • "Fun" is definitely a good word to describe it. It's geared towards younger kids(10-14) but adults will find it interesting too. A decent action flick with a little bit of history and no swearing, nudity, etc.

I don't know if I would pay to see it but I would definitely watch it when it's on TV.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Well, it is just as cheesy, possibly cheesier than the mummy.It's pretty crap, but that's what makes it fun
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    sponger wrote:
    So, if you didn't like the Mummy /quote]
    if you didnt like the mummy? WHAT?!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Well, it is just as cheesy, possibly cheesier than the mummy.It's pretty crap, but that's what makes it fun

Na, if you want a movie like that, you want The Wicker Man remake.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Na, if you want a movie like that, you want The Wicker Man remake.

THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!

im a big fan of national treasure .. and the blonde in it
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!

Pretty fucking funny though.

'Step away from the bike!'

'Take that mask off your kid!'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Pretty fucking funny though.

'Step away from the bike!'

'Take that mask off your kid!'

i went on a rainy sat to see that

i was better off standing in the rain :)

those lines were funny though
  • I went to see National Treasure with very low expectations, and enjoyed it immensely. Don't get your hopes up for it, but do watch it. That's all the advice I'll give.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I enjoyed it. We watched it on the high speed ferry over to Nova Scotia.
    It certainly has a bit of cheesiness to it. It's Nick Cage! He is always a bit cheesy.
    But it is fun for the semi-historic parts. Though, my Dad having been a mason, he tells me that a great deal of it was made up. lol

I am looking forward to the new one because I have always been a sort of Lincoln scholar of sorts.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    I dislike Ben Stiller _and_ Robin Williams, but this movie was still watchable. Better than a kick in the teeth anyways.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Derrick wrote:
    I dislike Ben Stiller _and_ Robin Williams, but this movie was still watchable. Better than a kick in the teeth anyways.
    Maybe you are thinking about Night at the Museum?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • I love this movie. The younger guy in it, whose real name or character name I can't remember, is hilarious. And he looks even funnier in the sequel, based on previews.

This dude: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058581/
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    6.5 sounds about right

Yes, i realize it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg