who wears loafers to work?

spongersponger Posts: 3,159
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
It's business attire at the office, but so far I've been able to get by with loafers instead of typical dress shoes like every one else. As long as I shine them, they seem to look dressy enough for me. I'm wondering if it's a matter of time before I get reminded of the dress code. Anyone else do the same? I'm referring to the boat style loafers with laces, not the slip-ons. Thanks again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    sponger wrote:
    It's business attire at the office, but so far I've been able to get by with loafers instead of typical dress shoes like every one else. As long as I shine them, they seem to look dressy enough for me. I'm wondering if it's a matter of time before I get reminded of the dress code. Anyone else do the same? I'm referring to the boat style loafers with laces, not the slip-ons. Thanks again.

link a picture to them could you? if they are what i think they are then i will be pointing and mocking very soon methinks ;):D

is it like these:-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iIOzb1mNL._AA280_.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Yeah, you have to be at least 45 years old to pull that off. And that's only if you accompany your shoes with Jordache jeans and a Members Only jacket.

;)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    gabers wrote:
    Yeah, you have to be at least 45 years old to pull that off. And that's only if you accompany your shoes with Jordache jeans and a Members Only jacket.

;)
    I thought they required beige shorts and white knee-high sport socks?
    Rygar wrote:
    I thought they required beige shorts and white knee-high sport socks?

in scotland it is perfectly legal to kill someone wearing that get-up using only a slice of burned toast. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    in scotland it is perfectly legal to kill someone wearing that get-up using only a slice of burned toast. :)
    Even if their pink-hued sweater is tied around their shoulders?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I would advise against wearing loafers ANYWHERE.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    Rygar wrote:
    Even if their pink-hued sweater is tied around their shoulders?

it doesnt matter what colour it is... if they tie a sweater around their necks its perfectly legal in Scotland to kill them using any means you wish... preferably a slow painful death.. like suffocation using a loafer shoved into the mouth :)

http://pfluegl.org/bilder/AmericanTourist.jpg

all thats missing is a bright orange "fanny pack" :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i wear them sometimes to work...and on boats...

dunk...i'll get the bread!!! ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • This is why I love working in engineering/support....I can wear sandals if I want :)
  • See my loafers??

former gophers! ;) thanks I now have this song stuck in my head! awesome ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    is this thread somehow related to the gay tongue piercing thread? ;)
    I love to turn you on
    See my loafers??

former gophers! ;) thanks I now have this song stuck in my head! awesome ;)
    hahaha,
    It was that, or skin my chauffeurs...
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    not only do i not wear loafers, i don't wear pants either!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    http://www.zappos.com/images/732/7327193/6219-469396-p.jpg

Do they look that bad? I just don't like the whole pointy shoe look.
    sponger wrote:

Good ol' Sperrys.
    Darker the better, but despite our hilarious teasing I'd go for comfort over look too. I dunno if I'd go with a deck shoe, but I understand.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    i wear them sometimes to work...and on boats...

dunk...i'll get the bread!!! ;)

I think if you actually wear them on boats you're exempted from ridicule. Or if you're over 45. :)
    gabers wrote:
    I think if you actually wear them on boats you're exempted from ridicule. Or if you're over 45. :)

HA! :D I agree!
    I love to turn you on
    sponger wrote:

*points and mocks* :D

ok they maybe are comfy but i loaf them.. er i mean loathe them... seriously uncool shoes... i know fashion/cool whatever is a subjective thing but even at age 33 and with 2 kids i'd still bully someone wearing them ;)
  • Not sure what's worse your boating loafer's or nursing shoes...
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    dunkman wrote:
    *points and mocks* :D

ok they maybe are comfy but i loaf them.. er i mean loathe them... seriously uncool shoes... i know fashion/cool whatever is a subjective thing but even at age 33 and with 2 kids i'd still bully someone wearing them ;)

They are really bad.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    everyone here makes fun of me because I wear these Hush Puppies loafer/slipper things, I think they are called drivers. The heels are all worn out, but they are so comfortable
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    sponger wrote:

oh absolutely, i have a pair of DVS Castros which are pretty much slippers with a sole and I wear them to work, although my work is business casual...I'm allowed to wear jeans everyday so I do :)

lately i've been wearing my doc's though. they are indestructable
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    I once saw a pair of penny loafers. For real.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sponger wrote:

1982 called and they want their shoes back....;) :p:D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    sponger wrote:

dude loafers dont have laces and are perfectly acceptable as office attire

boat shoes are not

unless you work on a boat
  • sponger wrote:

I had a job with business attire once. women had to wear closed toed shoes with backs- no clogs or mules. Basically you had to wear dress shoes. I took my dress shoes every day, but hardly EVER bothered to change out of my sneakers :). No one ever said anything. And I'm surprised because this one girl got reamed for not wear hose with a skirt once...
  • Get_Right wrote:
    dude loafers dont have laces and are perfectly acceptable as office attire

boat shoes are not

unless you work on a boat

yeah loafers are loafers, you're describing boat shoes.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have never owned a pair of loafers and I hope that I never will.