Options

Traveling from Chicago by car and doing all June tour dates (please read)

ZanneZanne Posts: 899
edited April 2008 in The Porch
To touch my main points and elaborate later...

1. Looking for fanatical riders like myself to help pay fuel costs and who don't mind being pounded with PJ on my stereo and other bands related to PJ, even if you can't wrap your head around it. Feel free to bring any cool rarities along as well.

2. Looking for lodging in trade for tickets that I have (will list available tix later) or enough of a group traveling together to make gas and hotel costs as low as possible.

3. Looking for a great group of happy, free-loving tour buddies so that smiles remain on our faces and we work together as a dedicated group to make this a very special experience. Only peace, love and happiness are allowed on my bus (2004 Altima seats 5 w/seat belts).

Now the elaboration:
I love taking a good old road trip, but a full tour of "camping" is not an option for me. I would expect that all riders would have a shower a minimum of every 2nd day. I just don't do really stinky feet, sorry to those inflicted with a fungus on their feet. Also B.O. can really gross me out. What can I say? I have very sensitive olfactory glands.

As timing would be tight to make it to all these shows, we would have to have a very organized plan to be together at a certain place and certain time or there could be some riders left-a-walkin'. I would lay out a departure time from each place and would be very prompt to remain on that schedule. I would assume we would all share cell #'s with eachother so good contact can be maintained. Any Europeans coming this way that have an issue with cell service, I would recommend using a minute by minute or pay as you go plan on a real cheap Virgin Mobile phone or similar company.

I am very open to changing riders during the trip, this would all have to be arranged in advance, unless luck would so have it at any point in the journey where faith and karma come in to play.

Lastly, this is my ticket situation. You are more than welcome to message me regarding my extras, but really, I am looking for the above type riders, so just offers to buy my tickets won't really be an option until all negotiations are complete and I know what I have left. In other words, my extras will be given priority to those willing to ride/share costs.

West Palm Beach, FLA - One extra 10C tic - spoken for by an entire tour rider! Bring on the Minnesotans. =)
Tampa, FLA - One extra 10C tic - on hold for Urs and one other person in line if Urs doesn't need it.
Bonnaroo - I'm skipping it to spend the weekend with my father, but can still get my riders to and from there - Dad lives about 1 hour from 'roo.
Columbia, SC - One extra 10C tic - Spoken for by a rider
Virginia Beach, VA One extra 10C tic - Spoken for by rider
Camden, NJ night one - One extra 10C tic - spoken for by an entire tour rider! YES!
Camben, NJ night two - Two extra 10C tix - Spoken for by a beautiful lady I've yet to meet face to face and sharing hotel. YES again!
Washington, DC - no exta ticket
MSG night one - Two extra 10C tix - one spoken for by a rider
MSG night two - Two extra 10C tix - one spoken for by a rider
Hartford, CT - Two extra 10C tix - both spoken for by riders
Mansfield, MA night one - Two extra 10C tix (would dig staying in Providence, RI at least one of these nights)
Mansfield, MA night two - Two extra 10C tix - one spoken for by a rider

Before everyone starts wondering why I have 2 extras of some tix, seeing as my boyfriend will be joining me for Camden night two and the rest of the tour from there, we both tried for 10C tix under our own accounts and both were successful in all cases.

I'm looking forward to an amazing journey with new/old friends and the bond between fans that can be made on such a trip.

Please remember, this is a one way loop.. I will depart Chicago in time to get to the first show in FLA, but after Mansfield I will take the shortest route back to Chicago. Trying to avoid any confusing or unnecessary questions by being thorough.

Also, neither of our 10C numbers are fantastic, so don't message me asking what they are.. You're either in the car or not. I don't care where you sit and I don't care where I sit. I'm all for trade ups at any given time.

One last thought, shoulder and neck rubs are appreciated seeing as I will be doing all of the driving. Also, in the event of a tight squeeze of a lot of people in a small hotel room, I would appreciate a decently comfortable place to lay my head so that I am not drowsy driving. =)

That's it for now,

PEACE!

Sue
Just me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    wow zanne! good luck and i hope u find great company!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    wow zanne! good luck and i hope u find great company!!! :D

Not you, Sen? ;)
    Just me
  • Options
    *bump* for the sleepy crowd.
    Just me
  • Options
    writing a PM right now!
  • Options
    WOW! Whooda thunk fate would bring us back around together? Or rather "Who". =)

Peace!
    Just me
  • Options
    Um, good luck with that. Personally you sound way too bossy & I'd prolly end up beating your ass if you left my ass stranded if something came up & I wasn't prompt enough for your time sched...but yeah, good luck with all that. lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Zanne wrote:
    WOW! Whooda thunk fate would bring us back around together? Or rather "Who". =)

Peace!

Wish I could go.

But I start to shake when I think about traveling in a var/car with a group of people. lol

Last nite's shows was amazing. :)

Finn's setlist was awesome too. :D
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Zanne wrote:
    To touch my main points and elaborate later...

1. Looking for fanatical riders like myself to help pay fuel costs and who don't mind being pounded with PJ on my stereo and other bands related to PJ, even if you can't wrap your head around it. Feel free to bring any cool rarities along as well.

2. Looking for lodging in trade for tickets that I have (will list available tix later) or enough of a group traveling together to make gas and hotel costs as low as possible.

3. Looking for a great group of happy, free-loving tour buddies so that smiles remain on our faces and we work together as a dedicated group to make this a very special experience. Only peace, love and happiness are allowed on my bus (2004 Altima seats 5 w/seat belts).

Now the elaboration:
    I love taking a good old road trip, but a full tour of "camping" is not an option for me. I would expect that all riders would have a shower a minimum of every 2nd day. I just don't do really stinky feet, sorry to those inflicted with a fungus on their feet. Also B.O. can really gross me out. What can I say? I have very sensitive olfactory glands.

As timing would be tight to make it to all these shows, we would have to have a very organized plan to be together at a certain place and certain time or there could be some riders left-a-walkin'. I would lay out a departure time from each place and would be very prompt to remain on that schedule. I would assume we would all share cell #'s with eachother so good contact can be maintained. Any Europeans coming this way that have an issue with cell service, I would recommend using a minute by minute or pay as you go plan on a real cheap Virgin Mobile phone or similar company.

I am very open to changing riders during the trip, this would all have to be arranged in advance, unless luck would so have it at any point in the journey where faith and karma come in to play.

Lastly, this is my ticket situation. You are more than welcome to message me regarding my extras, but really, I am looking for the above type riders, so just offers to buy my tickets won't really be an option until all negotiations are complete and I know what I have left. In other words, my extras will be given priority to those willing to ride/share costs.

West Palm Beach, FLA - One extra 10 tic
    Tampa, FLA - One extra 10C tic
    Bonnaroo - I'm skipping it to spend the weekend with my father, but can still get my riders to and from there - Dad lives about 1 hour from 'roo.
    Columbia, SC - One extra 10C tic
    Virginia Beach, VA One extra 10C tic
    Camden, NJ night one - One extra 10C tic
    Camben, NJ night two - Two extra 10C tix
    Washington, DC - no exta ticket
    MSG night one - Two extra 10C tix
    MSG night two - Two extra 10C tix
    Hartford, CT - Two extra 10C tix
    Mansfield, MA night one - Two extra 10C tix (would dig staying in Providence, RI at least one of these nights)
    Mansfield, MA night two - two extra 10C tix.

Before everyone starts wondering why I have 2 extras of some tix, seeing as my boyfriend will be joining me for Camden night two and the rest of the tour from there, we both tried for 10C tix under our own accounts and both were successful in all cases.

I'm looking forward to an amazing journey with new/old friends and the bond between fans that can be made on such a trip.

Please remember, this is a one way loop.. I will depart Chicago in time to get to the first show in FLA, but after Mansfield I will take the shortest route back to Chicago. Trying to avoid any confusing or unnecessary questions by being thorough.

Also, neither of our 10C numbers are fantastic, so don't message me asking what they are.. You're either in the car or not. I don't care where you sit and I don't care where I sit. I'm all for trade ups at any given time.

One last thought, shoulder and neck rubs are appreciated seeing as I will be doing all of the driving. Also, in the event of a tight squeeze of a lot of people in a small hotel room, I would appreciate a decently comfortable place to lay my head so that I am not drowsy driving. =)

That's it for now,

PEACE!

Sue

Hey Z.... I can't wait to meet you here in FL.. I just sent you a PM let me know.. :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Hey Z.... I can't wait to meet you here in FL.. I just sent you a PM let me know.. :)

Very much looking forward to that myself Urs, you could even call it a highlight of my trip. =)
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    Very much looking forward to that myself Urs, you could even call it a highlight of my trip. =)

Awwww.. thank you! :)
    FL will be awesome.!!!!
  • Options
    Um, good luck with that. Personally you sound way too bossy & I'd prolly end up beating your ass if you left my ass stranded if something came up & I wasn't prompt enough for your time sched...but yeah, good luck with all that. lol.

I'm the opposite of bossy, but I am organized and seeing as the plan is to catch all the shows, I think good communication and a well thought out plan will be the best method. Glad it doesn't appeal to you because I don't like the thought of anyone being beaten!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I wish we could share the tour experience together again, but damn, I have to be responsible this year and work! Being an adult at times fuckin sucks!

To anyone considering this..Zanne is a very fun ,funny cool azz gal who wil go out of her way to treat you like a queen/king! Trust me on this, I had the privilage of doing part of the West coast tour with her, and it was a blast..plus she takes care of you when your sick and puking!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I wish we could share the tour experience together again, but damn, I have to be responsible this year and work! Being an adult at times fuckin sucks!

To anyone considering this..Zanne is a very fun ,funny cool azz gal who wil go out of her way to treat you like a queen/king! Trust me on this, I had the privilage of doing part of the West coast tour with her, and it was a blast..plus she takes care of you when your sick and puking!!!

It helps to have a Doctor in the family lol

Miss you Lisa.. wish you could come along, too. See you soon tho.. May here we come!

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Car is filling up quickly and it sounds like it will shape up to be an awesome journey!

I do truly love Pearl Jam fans, almost as much as Pearl Jam themselves!

Peace and Love!

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    Camben, NJ night two - Two extra 10C tix - Spoken for by a beautiful lady I've yet to meet face to face and sharing hotel. YES again!

You are so sweet Z!
    I cant wait to meet you guys.. we'll have such a great time!

~Urs~
  • Options
    You are so sweet Z!
    I cant wait to meet you guys.. we'll have such a great time!

~Urs~

I concur!
    Just me