Dish Network or Direct TV?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I've got a HD TV and now want to HD cable....should I go with Direct TV or Dish Network? Anyone have any feelings on this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My sister has Directv and they have a lot of good HD channels, but I have Comcast here in Chicago and I have even more than her (and rent the HD DVR for $10 a month vs the $500+ she had to pay to buy hers)
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • DIRECT TV!!!

Dish Network fucking sucks. you've been warned
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I vowed never to give a cable company any of my money......been with DirecTV for about six years in three different locations..........no problems.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I have had dish network and direct tv, and direct tv is much better.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • I went with my local cable provider's digital package....and it seemed cheaper to me....I get the digital cable with approx 25 HD channels (Adding about 2 a month as well), with my DVR, and Cable Internet....all for 70 bucks a month....the Dish packages I looked at were about 100 bucks...and that didn't include the internet.
    "It's all happening"
  • I prefer DirecTV, but Dish Network has some pretty tempting offers for new customers. Recently in my area they were running a promotion for a 4-room deal that included 2 regular DVR units, 2 HD-DVR units at no extra cost, free installation, and a reduced rate (29.99/month) on everything for 6 months.

I think these deals are regional though and haven't seen it offered since, but I almost pulled the trigger.
  • I prefer DirecTV, but Dish Network has some pretty tempting offers for new customers. Recently in my area they were running a promotion for a 4-room deal that included 2 regular DVR units, 2 HD-DVR units at no extra cost, free installation, and a reduced rate (29.99/month) on everything for 6 months.

I think these deals are regional though and haven't seen it offered since, but I almost pulled the trigger.

what did it go up to after the 6 month period?
    "It's all happening"
  • Dish network can be free...all of it...if you want to...

so easy...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • I have Dish. They are fine except it usually takes them 2 or 3 tries to get the installation right. But, they've always been willing to adjust my bill when they screw up. After that, it is a good service. The HD is BEAUTIFUL and, I think it is better / less pixelized than cable. Direct is fine, too, and they charge a little less for the HD upgrade ($10 vs 20) but DO NOT get cable. There is so much less HD (less than half the channels last time I checked) and I would never support a company that lies as much as they do in their commercials. (I kept track---my Comcast cable went out 7 times the first 3 months I had it. My dish has gone out 3 times in a year and a half) The weather is essentially no factor in the Dish's performance. I practically live in a wind tunnel and all it ever does is rain / snow in Pittsburgh.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage