kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Sorry to hear that, good luck:(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I think you strayed off topic by taking a nice jab at me due to my divorce and custody arraingment.
    Nah, you just misconstrued what I wrote.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Its such a shitty time of year to get that kind of news. This happened to my dad last year right after thanksgiving. Just keep your head up and follow any leads regardless of how m
    small. Best if luck.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    John Budge wrote:
    Nah, you just misconstrued what I wrote.

How can I misconstrue "ditching your kids". That's pretty straight forward if you ask me.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the psoitive vibes. I have spent the better part of my day updating my resume and scouring the agency for samples of my work to add to my portfolio. Should have everything updated and ready to go within another day or two. I will be spending my afternoon hitting up monster.com, hotjobs.com, careerbuilder.com, and other employment sights. I have also placed calls with all my headhunters and staffing agencies. After the initial shock has passed I'm not too worried. I have money put away and I will still be getting a pay check for the next 5 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to drum up some freelance work to keep money coming in while I am looking for a steady gig.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mammasan wrote:
    How can I misconstrue "ditching your kids". That's pretty straight forward if you ask me.
    Classy guy that one. lol
    Mammasan...so sorry dude. Truly.
    May the new year bring you an awesome new job.
    You are an intelligent man; good days to come.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I meant that it wasn't a jab. It was more of a suggestion to "look on the bright side of things". I mean who wouldn't want to pass off their kid(s) every now and then so that they can get their party on?
  • Options
    John Budge wrote:
    I meant that it wasn't a jab. It was more of a suggestion to "look on the bright side of things". I mean who wouldn't want to pass off their kid(s) every now and then so that they can get their party on?

You really have a hard-on for him, huh?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I don't know if the two of them have a past on here, but it doesn't seem like Joe budge meant any harm. Things can be easily misconstrued over these here internets. However, if there is an angry past I take all of this back.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I don't know if the two of them have a past on here, but it doesn't seem like Joe budge meant any harm. Things can be easily misconstrued over these here internets. However, if there is an angry past I take all of this back.

John has made a few comments about me, and my ex-wife, not have our kids best interest at heart because we where getting a divorce.

If he says that he didn't mean any harm by his comment then I will give him the benefit of the doubt and belive that I simply misconstrued his remark.
  • Options
    John Budge wrote:

While it is nice to have some free time I would prefer to spend the time with my kids. Since I only have them every other weekend and one night during the week I like to spend as much time with them as possible.
  • Options
    I'm not gay, bro. But, we Jammers will certainly lend you some moral support if you'd like to reveal something to us today.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    While it is nice to have some free time I would prefer to spend the time with my kids. Since I only have them every other weekend and one night during the week I like to spend as much time with them as possible.
    Awesome. They're lucky to at least have you since their mother obviously doesn't give a rat's patootie about their welfare. Best of luck with your job search. Get ready for all of the spam that comes along with posting your stuff on monster or careerbuilder.
  • Options
    John Budge wrote:
    I'm not gay, bro. But, we Jammers will certainly lend you some moral support if you'd like to reveal something to us today.

Perhaps you misconstrued what I said... I didn't intend to question your sexuality, or really care if you are gay or not.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    what a total bummer, i am so sorry. :( as others have said tho, keep your chin up, it may lead to better/brighter things for you. good luck! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i'm sorry :( good luck on finding something though!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    THat sucks. If you can afford it take a little time with your family around the holidays and then use this as a lightening rod to get a great job in 08 and be even happier then you were before.

Best of luck.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Perhaps you misconstrued what I said... I didn't intend to question your sexuality, or really care if you are gay or not.
    Oh, good, because that would've been a little creepy. Perhaps you should've replaced "a hard-on for" with "an obsession with". That way, we leave the crude, sophomoric language out of this discussion. Either way, your post was far from necessary.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    meme NYC is a good place to look for work if you are in the advertising business but this time of the year sucks. Most agencies have their budgets done and staffing done for the start of the 2008 fiscal year. I may be able to find freelancing assignments to get by on till I can find steady employment.

I work for an ad agency, we have openings in print and strategic... not sure about creative. What do you do?
  • Options
    Your boss sucks ass...

blow up his house...er... I mean...make sure to send him a loverly Christmas card.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    mammasan wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the psoitive vibes. I have spent the better part of my day updating my resume and scouring the agency for samples of my work to add to my portfolio. Should have everything updated and ready to go within another day or two. I will be spending my afternoon hitting up monster.com, hotjobs.com, careerbuilder.com, and other employment sights. I have also placed calls with all my headhunters and staffing agencies. After the initial shock has passed I'm not too worried. I have money put away and I will still be getting a pay check for the next 5 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to drum up some freelance work to keep money coming in while I am looking for a steady gig.

Way to be on top of it! That's awesome.

I think it's super shitty your employer chose the holiday season as the time to lay you off. I'll never understand that timing. Fiscal year typically ends with September, so they should know what they are doing with the coming year by October one.

Maybe someone who was hired by some other company in the fall is totally fucking up and will soon be fired, thereby creating an opening for you. :D There's always hope. ;)

Good Luck!
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    You'll do it. You have made it through so much lately. You are tough and ready for this new challenge, I can tell :)
    absolutely... with everything else you've been through at least you're getting all the shit stuff over with at once. I bet next year will be an EXCELLENT year for ya :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I work for an ad agency, we have openings in print and strategic... not sure about creative. What do you do?

I am an Art Director but have worked as a Print Production Artist in the past. Basically I can take any job from concept to mechanical to pre-press. I am shying away from a creative position as they are becoming to hard to find and to complex. Most agencies want someone who has the creative abilities of an art director but can also do web site programming, which I have no experience in. Print Poduction seems to be more stable but less artistic but that is fine with me. What agency do you work for, PM me if you don't want to reveal that info on the board.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    At next MSG show Eddie may be able to say not only that people get married through the fan club, but also that they find jobs. Hope this works out :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    At next MSG show Eddie may be able to say not only that people get married through the fan club, but also that they find jobs. Hope this works out :)

Maybe Kat and Sea could help me get some work with Ames Bros :)

What about it mods lend a fellow brother a hand.
  • Options
    BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    mammasan, you've had a hell of a year.
    I'm sure things will work out for you and that 2008 will be excellent for you and your boys.