Options

Craving a smoke.

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I quit smoking on New Years Eve and was doing pretty good the past few days, but right now I am jonzing for a smoke. I could of left work 15 minutes ago but I'm worried if I leave now with this craving I will run into a store and buy a pack of smokes.
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well instead of trying cold turkey, try to ween yourself off of them......so go have a smoke of 2 and then stop until tomorrow......:)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dont listen to him... smoking is for weaklings.. i used to spend £30450 a week on heroin.. stopped instantly.. try it :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    well instead of trying cold turkey, try to ween yourself off of them......so go have a smoke of 2 and then stop until tomorrow......:)

I did ween myself. I started cutting back about two months ago and finally had the last one on Monday.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    damn dude, sorry.....well i got nothin' else.....hang tough....:)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    enjoy some sunflower or pumkin seeds ( DAVIDS ) , instead.

dont cave in , this too shall pass.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    dont listen to him... smoking is for weaklings.. i used to spend £30450 a week on heroin.. stopped instantly.. try it :)

Well your Scottish. You blokes are a wee bit hardier than us Yanks.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I quit smoking on New Years Eve and was doing pretty good the past few days, but right now I am jonzing for a smoke. I could of left work 15 minutes ago but I'm worried if I leave now with this craving I will run into a store and buy a pack of smokes.

I can feel the tension in my lungs just thinking about it. It's all willpower, if you do get to the store get a pack of nicorette gum maybe. Quitting sucked so bad for me, but I hated smoking more. Try to think of that bitter shit taste. Wipe an ashtray with a wet paper towel and smell it. That should also help a bit.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I can feel the tension in my lungs just thinking about it. It's all willpower, if you do get to the store get a pack of nicorette gum maybe. Quitting sucked so bad for me, but I hated smoking more. Try to think of that bitter shit taste. Wipe an ashtray with a wet paper towel and smell it. That should also help a bit.

The crave is passing. So I should be alright.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Stay strong!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    same boat dude. want one real bad. gonna smoke a joint instead
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mammasan wrote:
    Well your Scottish. You blokes are a wee bit hardier than us Yanks.

it's because we are much poorer :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    You can get through this. If I can do it you can:)
    Take deep breaths, take a walk, chew gum, eat tic tacs. You don't need to waste money on nicorette gum.

You can "ween" yourself off by cutting down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day but
    guess what? Even stopping those would be quitting "cold turkey"

Congratulations man, hang in there, you can do it!!!
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,600
    Cravings pass quickly. When I thought of a cigarette, I'd tell myself in a cheery voice, "I'm not having a cigarette right now." I chose to be happy.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Ignore your cravings. That's the key. Don't think about it longer than 2 seconds, or you will give in. Also, picture black lungs and yellow teeth. That will help too. :)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    haven't had a smoke since June '07...so glad i gave that shit up.

the first week is hell, the second week is hell, the third week ...you get the idea, i still crave 'em, but it feels so good to be free of nicotine.

keep it up, your body will thank you.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    same boat dude. want one real bad. gonna smoke a joint instead
    Oh Canada, I'm 100% with you on that thought... I haven't smoked a cig since 12/31/07 also!
    I haven't craved one in a few days, but my throat hurts!
    Too many j's... but it does work!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I smoked 3 in the last hour for your asses.

:p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"