Please add avatars!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    sennin wrote:
    I'm stil for'm!

:D

Please add avatars!!!

what avatar would you use? Do you have a link?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    OH! I like it!
    I would have a little yellow troll. :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I actually prefer it if we didn't have avatars. I dunno, I guess I feel stuff like that would detract from the boards atmosphere. Thats just me though.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im sure they'll add them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    I think its a good idea
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Yeah, add them.
    °º:::..a human being that was given to fly..:::º°
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    My avatar would be Rowdy Roddy Piper.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Avatars are really cool as long as there's a standard size for them.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i asked
    for one
    in the tech section
    still nothing. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Binaural wrote:
    I actually prefer it if we didn't have avatars. I dunno, I guess I feel stuff like that would detract from the boards atmosphere. Thats just me though.

agreed.
    and it would be just one more thing to *mod*.....blah, blah. i AM a very visual person, but i don't need pics here, i'm all for simply reading. :) i also don't want this site bogged down and being slow, so yes, i am being slefish. fcuk avatars. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    agreed.
    and it would be just one more thing to *mod*.....blah, blah. i AM a very visual person, but i don't need pics here, i'm all for simply reading. :) i also don't want this site bogged down and being slow, so yes, i am being slefish. fcuk avatars. :D

I agree. But how about a notation of gender. It would save me from a lot of embarrrasing requests that I have put forward. Sidenote: Sweet Adeline, sorry! It won't happen again! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I agree. But how about a notation of gender. It would save me from a lot of embarrrasing requests that I have put forward. Sidenote: Sweet Adeline, sorry! It won't happen again! ;)

but whhhhyyyyyyyy? :p
    seriously. i just don't get it. sure, i *get* the natural curiosity factor, and/or those interested/intrigued with someone, but hey...all of this you can learn/find out getting to *know* someone, and sure...PMs. ;)

i just think, hey, we've got this anonymous environment, people can just *be*....and how fantastic! i really adore when people don't *know* me, and judge my words, on my WORDS value. yes, shocking!

this whole place is like a psych petri dish. it is amazing that we have this chance to be *real*....and not let preconceived views/judgements of gender/appearances/etc come into play....and one of the first things people want to know/do? share pics, know genders, etc. :p if i wasn't such a lazyarse...i would sooooo study board dynamics.

so, after babbling....an emphatic NO on gender tags. people could lie anyway, and others would simply *use* the information to either flirt...and/or prejudge opinions based on gender. not saying flirting is a bad thing, not at all..i've had many a flirty and then some convo here...but yea, just get to KNOW people don't rely on easy answers/tags.

i'd love to see no post counts, song titles, join dates, etc. i think it's all superfluous, and just something else people pay attnetion to and make judgments. let's be judged gfor our words alone...and our grammar/spelling/typing. :D hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

but whhhhyyyyyyyy? :p
    seriously. i just don't get it. sure, i *get* the natural curiosity factor, and/or those interested/intrigued with someone, but hey...all of this you can learn/find out getting to *know* someone, and sure...PMs. ;)

i just think, hey, we've got this anonymous environment, people can just *be*....and how fantastic! i really adore when people don't *know* me, and judge my words, on my WORDS value. yes, shocking!

this whole place is like a psych petri dish. it is amazing that we have this chance to be *real*....and not let preconceived views/judgements of gender/appearances/etc come into play....and one of the first things people want to know/do? share pics, know genders, etc. :p if i wasn't such a lazyarse...i would sooooo study board dynamics.

so, after babbling....an emphatic NO on gender tags. people could lie anyway, and others would simply *use* the information to either flirt...and/or prejudge opinions based on gender. not saying flirting is a bad thing, not at all..i've had many a flirty and then some convo here...but yea, just get to KNOW people don't rely on easy answers/tags.

i'd love to see no post counts, song titles, join dates, etc. i think it's all superfluous, and just something else people pay attnetion to and make judgments. let's be judged gfor our words alone...and our grammar/spelling/typing. :D hahaha.

But....But....But how will I know who I can flex my internet muscles for and challenge to an arm wrestling match?!? :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I read in another thread that the forum used to have avatars, and that they slowed up the whole forum. People would have to wait and wait to click on a thread.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Just a smaller version of this grace under pressure

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• i really adore when people don't *know* me, and judge my words, on my WORDS value. yes, shocking!

I'm glad people on here know me a little better now. I'm not good with words but I think most of the people on my buddies list now know when I'm joking, being sarcastic or being serious. That would never happen if they didn't 'know' me.

Besides, my first impression of failedpersephone was 'cor, he seems like a nice guy'. :o So I'm all for avatars. :D
  • g under p wrote:
    Just a smaller version of this grace under pressure

Peace

that's beautiful.
    i am still anti-avatar though. ;)

however, i would LOVe to see the moticon limit lifted for obvious reasons! :p sheesh! 5 is simply NOT enough sometimes!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    that's beautiful.

however, i would LOVe to see the moticon limit lifted for obvious reasons! :p sheesh! 5 is simply NOT enough sometimes!

I'd like to see avatars, pics, and a 50 character limit to messages! :p
  • sennin wrote:
    I'd like to see avatars, pics, and a 50 character limit to messages! :p

and you KNOW what words i am thinking right now.......:p

thank goodness the phrase 'talk is cheap' is actually TRUE on the internet. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

that's beautiful.

How about a wider variety of emoticons as well?

EDIT: Fixed! Maybe this ailment is worse than I thought?!? It's spread to my brain!!! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    How about a wider variety of emoticon's as well?

mookie misusing an apostrophe?! :eek:
    never thought i'd live to see that day...........:p

um, sure. but i would hope not TOO many. yes, as much as love emoticons, i do think there can be *too* many! i've visted smaller boards and you could spend a half hour browsing, and totally forget the thought/emotion you want to convey in the process!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Honestly, I don't think Kat And Sea
    are that Internet/tech savvy to make our requests. :p

*waits for banned sticker*
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • SwanSwan Posts: 350
    i think this is the only message board in the whole internet that doesn't have avatars.
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
    Swan wrote:
    i think this is the only message board in the whole internet that doesn't have avatars.

The Pips (of Gladys Knight and the Pips fame) message board does not have avatars. It also only has two members. It's always lonely on PipsFan.com Every so often we can get lucky when a dyslexic Pepsi fan accidentally stumbles onto the site. The excitement is only brief as they usually leave immediately after I send them a welcome note with an 8x10 of myself.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    How about a wider variety of emoticons as well?

EDIT: Fixed! Maybe this ailment is worse than I thought?!? It's spread to my brain!!! ;)

more pussy excuses? ;)
    i keeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd.

as i've said, beyond the newish emoticon limits of course ;)...i like the board as is. i've been on other boards with emoticons and such, and sure...enjoyable...but certainly, not necessary. along with posting pics everywhere. just more to mod, mod, mod. i think keeping up with some links proves challenging here at times i imagine. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    rather not have them but if they did start, maybe this: http://gardenofstone.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=71&pos=11
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    mookie9999 wrote:
    The Pips (of Gladys Knight and the Pips fame) message board does not have avatars. It also only has two members. It's always lonely on PipsFan.com Every so often we can get lucky when a dyslexic Pepsi fan accidentally stumbles onto the site. The excitement is only brief as they usually leave immediately after I send them a welcome note with an 8x10 of myself.

That must be because that message board was up in 1985, there were no avatars back then!
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    But....But....But how will I know who I can flex my internet muscles for and challenge to an arm wrestling match?!? :D
    Challenge accepted.

meet me on the AET "avatars" thread at 16 hundred hours, pilgrim.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.