Options

Yay!!!!

Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My husband just accepted a job that will pay about the same...BUT...the insurance costs SOOOOOO much less! It'll be costing us about 500 less a month!!!

Ok, I just had to tell someone. I could scream I'm so happy!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    woohoo, congrats! :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    good for you guys tell your husband the money you save will now be used for future pj shows ...:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    that's great news. insurance costs are a pain in the ass.

but save your money for when you are old so you won't end up like my mom who has to move in with us. social security stinks.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    that's great news. insurance costs are a pain in the ass.

but save your money for when you are old so you won't end up like my mom who has to move in with us. social security stinks.

But I want to live with Annabelle when I'm old! :D
  • Options
    oo that's pretty nice.
  • Options
    that's awesome! Insurance is such a bitch. My husband doesn't get insurance at work, just an allowance for it which hardly covers anything and I dont get insurance at work either so we have buy our own. Its horrible! We could never have a baby, we can't afford the insurance that covers pregnancy.
  • Options
    My husband just accepted a job that will pay about the same...BUT...the insurance costs SOOOOOO much less! It'll be costing us about 500 less a month!!!

thank god im 15 and dont have to deal with all this insurance nonsense you speak of. :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    thank god im 15 and dont have to deal with all this insurance nonsense you speak of. :p

Enjoy that, because it is such bullshit!!! :D
  • Options
    Enjoy that, because it is such bullshit!!! :D
    thank god i live in canada. but we still need coverage, to pay for scripts and shit like that. but we dont need to pay to go to see the dr. or to get surgery(sp?)
    but we have to wait a long ass time for some shit. i had to wait like 7 months to get a ct scan.

congrats on saving the cash ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

$500???.. less??? My insurance is like $60 a month, health and dental.. If I had to pay $500 a month, let alone the number you're paying now added to that, I'd say, fuck it, let me die of some horrible disease, I'm not paying that bullshit.
  • Options
    $500???.. less??? My insurance is like $60 a month, health and dental.. If I had to pay $500 a month, let alone the number you're paying now added to that, I'd say, fuck it, let me die of some horrible disease, I'm not paying that bullshit.

My husband was losing $700 a month from his paycheck for our family to be insured. The thing is, he works for a small company, and this is the best they can afford to do.

To insure a family at his new job (with the federal government) is $45 a week, which is VERY reasonable for a family plan. And, it's much better insurance. :)

I understand the feeling of "I'd rather fucking die than pay $700 a month", believe me, lol. But, we have a kiddo, and she deserves to be insured. :)
  • Options
    take that extra six grand a year and put it in rothIRA's.....if you haven't already go them going.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Congratulations! That's the way to do it :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Congrats! That's fantastic news!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Congrats!

I hate our insurance system with a passion... It is an absolute shame that one of the big factors (or sometime the only factor) in changing jobs is health insurance.

We could afford for my wife to quit her job and watch our son (taking into consideration day care costs, etc.), but if she quits and we go to my insurance, it will cost us about $400 more a month, and honestly that just makes our budget too tight.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Congrats!

I hate our insurance system with a passion... It is an absolute shame that one of the big factors (or sometime the only factor) in changing jobs is health insurance.

We could afford for my wife to quit her job and watch our son (taking into consideration day care costs, etc.), but if she quits and we go to my insurance, it will cost us about $400 more a month, and honestly that just makes our budget too tight.

I hate it too. I don't know what the answer is, but I know our current system isn't working.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    That is FANTASTIC!!!

We own our company....we only insure our family and hubbies partners family. All our employees are Union, so they get their insurance through their Union, we pay their benefits that cost us a ton of $$$. We pay close to $1800 a month just for our family plan, partners is another $1800. We have no dental or eye glass coverage either. Our copays are $25 and $40. Each person has a $100 deductible for prescriptions, then it is from $10-100 for a prescription, my stomach medicine was $156 for a month! IT IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown