Options

Viggo Mortensen = hot!

Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
A few weeks ago, we watched A History of Violence. Last night, while we were watching Eastern Promises, I realized that Viggo Mortensen is hot in a really unusual way.

Anyone else feel this way? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    um....YES!
    he has ALWAYS been hot!

films viggo is hot in

a perfect murder
    a walk on the moon......yummmmmmmmmm
    the lord of the rings

and any other film he has been in. :D

he is a gorgeous man! and i eagerly await seeing eastern promises...sure b/c viggo is easy on the eyse :p...but i've also heard amazing buzz for it! it's on the netflix queue.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I don't know about all that, but I thought both the movies mentioned were great....Oh and I have a feeling that D2D will particularly enjoy the shower fight scene in Eastern Promises ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    um....YES!
    he has ALWAYS been hot!

I was not aware of him until I started hearing his name attached to the Lord of the Rings movies... I am suddenly very interested in watching those movies now! :D
    and i eagerly await seeing eastern promises...

It was really good, and he was outstanding.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I don't know about all that, but I thought both the movies mentioned were great....Oh and I have a feeling that D2D will particularly enjoy the shower fight scene in Eastern Promises ;)..

lol :D:o

Well, I definitely can't wait to hear what she thinks of it. ;)
  • Options
    A few weeks ago, we watched A History of Violence. Last night, while we were watching Eastern Promises, I realized that Viggo Mortensen is hot in a really unusual way.

yes yes yes yes yes! :D

I've loved Viggo for years, even my husband knows that Viggo would be my "freebie". Not only is he easy on the eye, he is also an artist, poet, and photographer.

Oh....you can catch a full frontal Viggo in "The Indian Runner" and he has a nude scene in "Eastern Promises". :D
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    You know this dude is almost 50?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    um....YES!
    he has ALWAYS been hot!

films viggo is hot in

a perfect murder
    a walk on the moon......yummmmmmmmmm
    the lord of the rings

"Walk on the Moon" is one of my favorite Viggo movies. That scene under the waterfall! oh yea...
  • Options
    Not only is he easy on the eye, he is also an artist, poet, and photographer.

That's cool! :)
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    You know this dude is almost 50?

Men just get more attractive as they age.

Well, some men do anyway. :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    What, no love for GI Jane Viggo?
  • Options
    "Walk on the Moon" is one of my favorite Viggo movies. That scene under the waterfall! oh yea...

YUMMY!!!

During LOTR when he pushes the door open.. my friend and I looked over at each and smiled and afterwards her husband "you girls" :D:p
  • Options
    YUMMY!!!

During LOTR when he pushes the door open.. my friend and I looked over at each and smiled and afterwards her husband "you girls" :D:p

near the end of The Two Towers? I love that scene.

I don't think men fully appreciate Viggo.....unless they are gay. ;)
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I thought Eastern Promises sucked. A History of Violence was much better, even though that movie still moved somewhat slow. Eastern Promises, I can't believe I waited for something to happen in it and all that happened was a dude fighting naked in the shower. Completely unnecessary.

The issue of "good naked" and "bad naked" I thought was made clear to the world in Seinfeld, but Eastern Promises definitely showed the "bad" naked.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I like him looking a bit rough and ready (LOTR type look). Don't like it when he's too 'clean'.. looks a bit boring.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I like him looking a bit rough and ready (LOTR type look). Don't like it when he's too 'clean'.. looks a bit boring.

clean, dirty.....i'll take him. ;)

i forgot about the indian runner shame on me! he really has been in soooo many films and managed to remian rather 'unknown' for a long time up until recently. he is fantastic, on all fronts. :D great actor, beauitful man...and as you said, the complete package - an artist to boot! gotta love that.

in regards to age, some PEOPLE age very well and are beautiful at any age. viggo fits that category thus far, as does our dear ed vedder, etc. there are women 50+ who are still gorgeous as well. age alone would not discount someone in my eyes from the *hot* category.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

in regards to age, some PEOPLE age very well and are beautiful at any age. viggo fits that category thus far, as does our dear ed vedder, etc. there are women 50+ who are still gorgeous as well. age alone would not discount someone in my eyes from the *hot* category.

So true.

I said men because I was thinking in terms of my own attraction, but there are tons of women in their 50's and 60's that just glow!

Helen Mirren is a freakin' babe! :D Sally Field is gorgeous, too. Just to name a couple off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Does he hold a spot in your wank bank?
  • Options
    clean, dirty.....i'll take him. ;)

i forgot about the indian runner shame on me! he really has been in soooo many films and managed to remian rather 'unknown' for a long time up until recently. he is fantastic, on all fronts. :D great actor, beauitful man...and as you said, the complete package - an artist to boot! gotta love that.

Hehe while I prefer the rugged look I do have to agree I would take him either way. He is not quite Clive Owen but pretty close :D
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    What, no love for GI Jane Viggo?

hahahaha...that's right! what a lame-ass flick, but hell yea......i think? that's the first flick i ever saw viggo in, or at least took notice since he had a large role. and YES...he was damn hot in that too. :D

and you KNOW i will share my thoughts on eastern promises as soon as i see it - weigh in on viggo ;)...and on the film. :p

btw - i actually find viggo hotter than clive. viggo has a bit more 'classical' good looks imho, more refined features...and ooooooooooooooo...those cheekbones! :eek: YUMMM!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm aragorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn

fuck yeah

*edit cuz im a sucker for swords http://tolkienilu.chez-alice.fr/film/ttt/aragorn.jpg
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    ... in a really unusual way...

yep...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I thought Eastern Promises sucked. A History of Violence was much better, even though that movie still moved somewhat slow. Eastern Promises, I can't believe I waited for something to happen in it and all that happened was a dude fighting naked in the shower. Completely unnecessary.

The issue of "good naked" and "bad naked" I thought was made clear to the world in Seinfeld, but Eastern Promises definitely showed the "bad" naked.
    I also thought Eastern Promises was BORING!
    Believe it or not, the new Kevin Costner movie(just out on DVD now) is AMAZING, he is a killer...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I also thought Eastern Promises was BORING!
    Believe it or not, the new Kevin Costner movie(just out on DVD now) is AMAZING, he is a killer...

mr. brooks?
    both my husband and i thought it was an absolute piece of shite, and i do believe it was overall panned by critics as well. talk about laaaammmmmmmeee.

but seeing that you LIKED that, but found eastern promises boring while many here loved it and seemed to get much critical praise.....makes me feel more confident that i too shall love it. so thanks for your assessment. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    saw eastern promises last night. it was definitely good, but to some degree...i was a bit disappointed, not quite as good as i expected. well done, but really didn't hook me in, kinda on an even keel....not really 'dramatic' for me. viggo and naomi watts both solid, but yes.....just not enough intrigue for me. good film, just not great.

and in regards to the steam room scene.......:eek: not to get into any spoilers, but sure....damn fine and all...but so, so, sooooo fucking brutal bit difficult to 'enjoy' from a purely eye candy/visual perspective.

btw - in regards to being close to 50...that man is hotter and in far better shape than most men half his age. so hell yes, age IS just a number. as i get older, i love that. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I see my new boyfriend got nominated for an Oscar. :D

d2d - I think I know what you mean about Eastern Promises. For me, it was the performances that made it really great. AND, I agree about the steam room scene. It was a strange mix of trying to check him out and wincing from the violence at the same time!! It was hard to watch, and also hard not to. ;)
  • Options
    Love Love Love Viggo!!

Mainly since I first saw his rugged, sexy, dirty self in LOTR I was in Love!

One of my Fav Viggo Movies Ladies......Hidalgo.
    Its a Film based on a true story about a Man who enters the most treacherous and dangerous Horse race across the Arabian desert. Set in the late 1800's.
    Its fantastic! and he's all dirty in this one too.
    Ive seen it more times than I can remember.... and yes, I am bias when it comes to Hotness like Viggo!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I always thought Betty Crocker was hot in an unusual way.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Love Love Love Viggo!!

Mainly since I first saw his rugged, sexy, dirty self in LOTR I was in Love!

One of my Fav Viggo Movies Ladies......Hidalgo.
    Its a Film based on a true story about a Man who enters the most treacherous and dangerous Horse race across the Arabian desert. Set in the late 1800's.
    Its fantastic! and he's all dirty in this one too.
    Ive seen it more times than I can remember.... and yes, I am bias when it comes to Hotness like Viggo!
    Hidalgo was pretty much an awful movie.
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688

yes. I totally love him.

the sex scenes in A History of Violence were too hot.
  • Options
    I see my new boyfriend got nominated for an Oscar. :D

d2d - I think I know what you mean about Eastern Promises. For me, it was the performances that made it really great. AND, I agree about the steam room scene. It was a strange mix of trying to check him out and wincing from the violence at the same time!! It was hard to watch, and also hard not to. ;)

yours? :p

and, exactly. :)

btw - i am TELLING you - rent a walk on the moon excellent flick! and your husband will even enjoy it. viggo + diane lane = you figure it out. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...