Options

I am legend

shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
who is seeing this ? I'm going at mdnight.
like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I think I'm going to see it on Saturday.
  • Options
    shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    pretty good but not as good as i thought it was going to be
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • Options
    pretty good but not as good as i thought it was going to be
    I'm curious as to what you initially expected out of it?
    I read the book so obviously I have high expectations, but I've read that the vamps/mutants whatever are terrible looking CGI that end up hurting the movie so I'm bringing myself back down to earth.
    Going to see it tomorrow...
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i just read the book earlier this week and enjoyed it. im hoping to see it this weekend on the imax, mainly for 2 reasons: 1) i've never seen a movie on the imax and 2) to see the new batman movie's opening scene beforehand.
  • Options
    i just read the book earlier this week and enjoyed it. im hoping to see it this weekend on the imax, mainly for 2 reasons: 1) i've never seen a movie on the imax and 2) to see the new batman movie's opening scene beforehand.
    Forgot about the batman trailer....
    Book was good indeed.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Mike Patton (faith no more, fantomas, tomahawk, mr bungle) is the voice or "noises" of the vamps/mutants/ whatever they are

i thought that was cool.

Personally i'm not that excited about the movie but i'll wait to see what friends say.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Mike Patton (faith no more, fantomas, tomahawk, mr bungle) is the voice or "noises" of the vamps/mutants/ whatever they are

i thought that was cool.

Personally i'm not that excited about the movie but i'll wait to see what friends say.
    He's also the voice of The Darkness in the video game of the same name.
    Creeped my gf out all the time.
  • Options
    i just saw this today, and quite honestly, was pleasantly surprised. :p i went in with low expectations, which always helps ;)...went to please hubby. with a good dose of suspension of disbelief...i found it quite enjoyable/well done. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Rygar wrote:
    but I've read that the vamps/mutants whatever are terrible looking CGI that end up hurting the movie

very very true.

and i thought Will Smith just didn't sell it...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I went in with moderate expectations and still came out disappointed...

they tried to cram two movies in one, and the result was an uneven, unsettling experience.

The first half of the movie was very good, like a psychological character study with sci-fi overtones. I thought Will Smith did a good job of portraying a man slowly breaking down with the belief that he may be the last human on earth.

The second half of the movie was poorly executed horror schlock, with WAY too many cheap scare tactics. The CGI monsters were bland, and it seemed like they could have given them tons more backstory or development. I mean, even though Smith's character said that they no longer possessed any social skills, they obviously had some left because they were still able to set elaborate traps, be the master of infected dogs and coordinate group attacks.

And the ending just plain sucked. I thought they would try to do the title I Am Legend justice, but they went for the cheesy Hollywood ending instead.

In the end, I felt like I got cheated out of half a movie.

EDIT: The new batman trailer kicked ass.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,627
    Very, very good movie. Mind you, I wore thigh-high silk stockings and a sweater dress to the theater with my date. :cool:
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    saw it last week - excellent movie. And to be honest, Will Smith has been good in EVERYTHING he has ever been in.