Options

Best/worst Christmas gifts you've received

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    my friend shoved this in my mailbox. Best surprise gift. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I’ve had lots of great gifts.
    Worst has to be when my grandparents wrapped up and gave me my own hat I left at their house. I thought it was a joke, but that was the only gift they gave me that year.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    I was just given one of the best AND the worst Christmas presents ever:  A sealed vinyl Neil Young and Crazy Horse album.  One of the best because it's NY & Crazy Horse, one of the worst because it on the horrid label DOL and, worse, it's a bootleg.  My wife had no idea.  She bought it new in a record store so figured it would be good to great.  She feels badly that it's a bootleg.  I told her I love the good intention, don't worry about it.  Now that I have it, I will listen to and enjoy it.  It's Neil and The Horse, after all!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve had lots of great gifts.
    Worst has to be when my grandparents wrapped up and gave me my own hat I left at their house. I thought it was a joke, but that was the only gift they gave me that year.
    Hilarious, they probably thought it'd suit you!

It reminds me of buying back my bench jacket from a friend's yard sale after leaving it there a long time ago.