Options

MU will beat OU this weekend.

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
i love us as underdogs. its been that way for most of my childhood and adult life and now we're gonna show up. MIZ-ZOU!
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I really hope so, although I'm pretty sure 70% of the people there will be Sooner fans. Should be a great game.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    im actually hoping they do, even though it would keep ohio state out of the national championship. i think osu-usc and wvu-mizzou are more exciting matchups than having osu-wvu and usc-illinois.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    It's gonna be a barn burner, that's for sure. I can't wait.
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    My folks are going to be there, they're hardcore Mizzou fans, have had football season tix for 30+ years. They're ecstatic that the Tigers are finally #1 and that Chase Daniel might win the Heisman.

They took my brother and I to the MU-KU game last Saturday. That was probably the most exciting football game I have ever been to (I don't go to a whole lot of games).

Go Tigers!
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    whatever keeps Ohio State out of the championship, man I'm sick of them
  • Options
    As much as I would love to see Chase win the Heisman, I just don't see it happening.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    As much as I would love to see Chase win the Heisman, I just don't see it happening.

Not even if he rips apart the Oklahoma defense? I think he's a lock if that happens.
  • Options
    jesus... mizzou AND wvu are losing? could this season get any more fucked up?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    jesus... mizzou AND wvu are losing? could this season get any more fucked up?
    seemed like every single week a #1 or #2 lost - craziness!!
  • Options
    Unreal! if Hawaii goes undefeated tonight, and a 2 loss team (LSU) gets the title game over them....it should be the downfall of the BCS....bring on the playoff.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    As an LSU fan I seriously hope they get to the National Championship game. I know two losses looks bad, but it took 6 OTs to get those two losses.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    gleemonex wrote:
    As an LSU fan I seriously hope they get to the National Championship game. I know two losses looks bad, but it took 6 OTs to get those two losses.

I can agree the first loss to Kentucky wasn't too bad....it was on the road, UK was hot at the time, and ranked......but that Arkansas loss should have knocked LSU out of the top ten...it was at home, and they aren't even a ranked opponent. I'd rather see Kansas play OSU. Two losses should not play for the title....but the BCS loves to suck LSU's dick, so they'll probably get there.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I can agree the first loss to Kentucky wasn't too bad....it was on the road, UK was hot at the time, and ranked......but that Arkansas loss should have knocked LSU out of the top ten...it was at home, and they aren't even a ranked opponent. I'd rather see Kansas play OSU. Two losses should not play for the title....but the BCS loves to suck LSU's dick, so they'll probably get there.

Correct me if I'm worng, but, wasn't Kansas at home today watching OU and Mizzou play for the conference championship?

If you can't win your confernce (or heck, not even make it into the championship game) ... you shouldn't be able to play for a national championship.

I say give it to Hawaii ... and let's see them get stomped ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    If MU doesn't beat OU then I'm SOL on an IOU...so i suppose IOW FU.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Unreal! if Hawaii goes undefeated tonight, and a 2 loss team (LSU) gets the title game over them....it should be the downfall of the BCS....bring on the playoff.
    if hawaii actually played somebody

someone would care about the above.

big ten back in it for the title!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    but the BCS loves to suck LSU's dick, so they'll probably get there.
    seriously

can you be objective? its obvious it will be OSU vs LSU
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    gleemonex wrote:

yeah but they also had about a half dozen games they struggled to win last second. hell it took 2 interceptions for them to beat tennessee.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    seriously

can you be objective? its obvious it will be OSU vs LSU

LSU should have dropped further than they did with that Arkansas loss.....they lost at home to an unranked team...overtime or not....if that would have happened to anyone else they would have fallen out of the top ten. The BCS loves the traditional schools, which is why they stayed right in the hunt.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    LSU should have dropped further than they did with that Arkansas loss.....they lost at home to an unranked team...overtime or not....if that would have happened to anyone else they would have fallen out of the top ten. The BCS loves the traditional schools, which is why they stayed right in the hunt.

michigan went from 5 to unranked after their first loss.
  • Options
    michigan went from 5 to unranked after their first loss.

that was absurd as well.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Change this thread name to OOPS!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-