Options

What kind of special guests and/or sets are you expecting at Bonnaroo?

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I'm expecting Ben Harper, Jack White would be cool, definately gonna see some old Kokua Jack Johnson/Eddie Vedder reunion songs maybe with the rest of the band too (that'd be special)

I'm expecting some more Hendrix songs like at the FTM concert. Hopefully Voodoo Chile and Watchtower, RITFW, Fuckin Up, mabye Release but probably Long Road as the opener (since most of us are traveling far to this show). Then some more jamming since its Roo but prolly similar to Lollapalooza set since not everyone there is going to see PJ mainly.

I can't wait. 1 month!!

What are your thoughts??
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    unfortunately, i can see them playing RITFW much like at lollapalooza...

maybe not with all the people on stage but maybe with some guests...

actually, i guarantee they will play it and that just sucks.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I would like to see Jim James do something with them, but I'm betting on Jack Johnson coming out. I feel like they will do something special like a new cover or a rarely played song, but who knows? I just can't friggin' wait!

I'm with you on the Jimi songs....I previously posted that my wish would be for Mike to shred on Voodoo Chile
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    i hope 10Clubbers and Pit ppl wear PJ stuff on the day their performing so we can find each other.

Just to let everyone know I will be the tallest person there so feel free to say Hi

YB
  • Options
    i hope 10Clubbers and Pit ppl wear PJ stuff on the day their performing so we can find each other.

Just to let everyone know I will be the tallest person there so feel free to say Hi

YB
    How tall are you? My buddy is 6'7"

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    actually, i guarantee they will play it and that just sucks.[/quote]

Seems like KRITFW is the perfect 3-day, destination location, super festival encore song. And how could getting 60,000 people to sing and dance to that song in the middle of a field, in the middle of the night, in the middle of tennesse not be a good time?

I dont get it...
    We were but stones... Your light made us stars
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219

YB

Hi, can I sit on your shoulders? :P
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,252
    I would guess very similar to Lolla last year, Jack Johnson instead of Ben Harper. I would expect to see a greatest hits set once again.
  • Options
    How tall are you? My buddy is 6'7"
    I'm 6'9"
    And I hope its not exactly like Lolla. I wanna hear a few rarities like Undone (seems it could fit the occassion of Lolla and the world markets) to give those of us 10Clubbers a treat for traveling from (CT to TN for me) long distances
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    They gotta start off with a bang. WHY GO Lolla '07 style :cool:.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    I would guess very similar to Lolla last year, Jack Johnson instead of Ben Harper. I would expect to see a greatest hits set once again.

I respectfully disagree to fullest extent :)

First, I am pretty much betting on a 45-60 minute longer performance at Bonnaroo than Lolla last year. I think the jam-heads would be very dissapointed with a 2 hr show from the Saturday headliner. I heard the Police did that last year so it is possible.

Second, I am pulling for Eddie doing "a few" songs at the end of Jack's set, and having that morph into the PJ set, instead of a break between acts. That might be kind of far fetched considering logistics and all that.

But the biggest thing I am pulling for is Robert Plant joining PJ for a few Zeppelin covers!
  • Options
    djonesr wrote:
    But the biggest thing I am pulling for is Robert Plant joining PJ for a few Zeppelin covers!
    THere you have it! That thought crossed my mind the other day...that would be too cool. Do that and maybe they will kick up the intensity a little bit as compared to the Katrina Benefit they did together

• Options
    Seems like KRITFW is the perfect 3-day, destination location, super festival encore song. And how could getting 60,000 people to sing and dance to that song in the middle of a field, in the middle of the night, in the middle of tennesse not be a good time?

I dont get it...

much rather hear Baba. RITFW is played out...

• Options
    djonesr wrote:
    I respectfully disagree to fullest extent :)

First, I am pretty much betting on a 45-60 minute longer performance at Bonnaroo than Lolla last year. I think the jam-heads would be very dissapointed with a 2 hr show from the Saturday headliner. I heard the Police did that last year so it is possible.

Second, I am pulling for Eddie doing "a few" songs at the end of Jack's set, and having that morph into the PJ set, instead of a break between acts. That might be kind of far fetched considering logistics and all that.

Is it confirmed when JJ and PJ are playing? Both Saturday?
    A HOB reunion would be cool to see a few Zep songs and a few Hendrix songs played with Jack White (but that's just my request)
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    What I want to know is, when is the official Bonnaroo schedule going to be released? They have overlapping sets and I need to do my planning way in advance if it comes down to a tough choice.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    What I want to know is, when is the official Bonnaroo schedule going to be released? They have overlapping sets and I need to do my planning way in advance if it comes down to a tough choice.

you can get a good idea here:

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=7662

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    I'm with you- I want to know as well. I'm guessing May 29th-30th
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:

I wanted this b4 I read this article...I hope it happens!!!
    Can't fuckin wait...1 month!!!
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    does anyone know the whole pit/front thing at bonnaroo? i heard it has to clear out in between acts so how can we wait to be as close as we can for pearl jam?
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Speaking of PJ related items at Bonnaroo, I just got a ROO bulletin that talked of a killer New Orleans Jazz stage . Harrybu McCage was listed. Wonder if Matt will be playing with them as he did at the Flood Relief show at the Showbox a couple months back.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    They'll teach me not to read other threads first. I got my answer. Definitely gonna catch Harrybu McCage again.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a Claypool/Ament bass jam-off. Claypool would destroy Ament but it would be fun to watch.
  • Options
    Is it confirmed when JJ and PJ are playing? Both Saturday?
    A HOB reunion would be cool to see a few Zep songs and a few Hendrix songs played with Jack White (but that's just my request)

Yes, it is confirmed that JJ is playing right before PJ. JJ was going to be the Sunday headliner, and Allman bros were going to open for PJ, but allmans had to cancel... Since then, Widespread Panic stepped in and took the Sunday headliner spot and JJ moved to saturday before PJ.

Oh my fucking gawd! Jack White, PJ, and Robert Plant belting out Jimi Hendrix tunes. Jesus beejezzusssss! IF dreams can come true!
  • Options
    pweafer4 wrote:
    does anyone know the whole pit/front thing at bonnaroo? i heard it has to clear out in between acts so how can we wait to be as close as we can for pearl jam?

It does clear out, But there is an official line you can wait in. I heard that you can still see the stage and hear the music from that line, so it's not so bad.
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    sadly Robert Plant has shows on both Friday and Saturday nights elsewhere...
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432

YB

I will be wearing my 1st ever and only tye dye...it is fromthe 1993 Boulder,CO PJ I went to...the shirt was stolen from me and gone for years..and one day my friend just gave it back, like 5 years later..I wore it to Lolla and Ill rock it @ bonnaroo....Ill also be on mushrooms
  • Options
    i dunno if i could handle shrooms and PJ...i love both but not together
  • Options
    sadly Robert Plant has shows on both Friday and Saturday nights elsewhere...

Ouch! That hurts! There goes any thoughts of Plant being part of the super-jam, or anything else. Looks like Krausse has him wrapped around her touring finger! :)
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    djonesr wrote:
    Ouch! That hurts! There goes any thoughts of Plant being part of the super-jam, or anything else. Looks like Krausse has him wrapped around her touring finger! :)

yeah, but there's nothing stopping Ed from coming out during their set on sunday afternoon...they have been playing some zep tunes together, albeit with new arrangements
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I think PJ are elder statesmen enough to try and do an all star jam for a song or two in the encore with a small crew of guests together. Maybe Ben, jack & Jack, Caleb, Jim James. Is that Wolfmother dude there?. The can do Rock & Roll Star and it'll just be so damn magical...though I won't be there:(
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”