Options

peter jackson making "the hobbit" afterall

2»

Comments

• Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Its going to be one movie for The Hobbit and a "bridge" movie that takes place between The Hobbit and LOTR.

I guess if they incorporate other story-lines beyond the hobbit, the two movie idea could work, though I'm still skeptical. The Hobbit's pretty short, I could probably read it in <4 hours, so I can't imagine the movie taking longer.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I wonder the film will consist of. No major event happened during that time frame, no major wars. If anything he should make a film about the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. If you can't tell I'm a huge LoTR geek. I love Tolkien's work. I've read The Hobbit, LoTR, The Children of Húrin, and the Silmarilian.

have you read any of the history of middle-earth series?
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    have you read any of the history of middle-earth series?

No not yet. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    No not yet. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy.

id say that after reading the first 3 there isnt much that hasnt been covered in the silmarilian and children of hurin. i think book two or three is pretty much children of hurin. i do plan to read the whole series maybe. i think there is like 14 books. but they are kinda boring and tough to get through so i dont know.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    intodeep wrote:
    LOTR was three books.

I do question the need for two movies for the hobbit though

Wasn't LOTR originally one book and the publishers decided to release it in 3 installments due to the length and of course the $$.
    Brian
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I wonder the film will consist of. No major event happened during that time frame, no major wars. If anything he should make a film about the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. If you can't tell I'm a huge LoTR geek. I love Tolkien's work. I've read The Hobbit, LoTR, The Children of Húrin, and the Silmarilian.
    the Silmarillion would be a trip if they made into a movie. they can literally make it into episodes.... then it will be like a star trek or something. there's so much into it. but most of it is pretty abstract... would be kinda hard to actually film it. i think silmarillion is his best work.

can't wait for this movie though... can't wait to see how they make Beorne. they better not make him with any crappy cgi.... which probably will happen anyway.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Wasn't LOTR originally one book and the publishers decided to release it in 3 installments due to the length and of course the $$.
    i think tolkien himself explains it in his foward at the beginning of the fellowship... something about being incredibly long, so he'll release it in three different books. i'll quote it if i find it.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.