'Gone Baby Gone'

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone see this movie? I thought it was one of the best i've seen in a long time. Ben Affleck directed and his brother Casey starred in it..I don't want to give away too much, but man I think I would have made the same impossible decision Casey did..
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I really liked it as well, very surprised, Ben Affleck might have a solid future career in directing. The ending - yeah, it's one of those endings that you'll debate about with your friends as to whether you would have made the same choice.

And Michelle Monaghan, man, she is SO GORGEOUS.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Casey Affleck is kind of "regular guy" hot. I like him.

I think I want to see this movie.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Casey Affleck is kind of "regular guy" hot. I like him.

I think I want to see this movie.

You should. It's a great fucking movie..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Ben Affleck pulled it out of the London Film Festival because of similarities to the Madeline McCann case. Think it will be a while before they will be showing it on this side of the pond because of this case.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Ben Affleck pulled it out of the London Film Festival because of similarities to the Madeline McCann case. Think it will be a while before they will be showing it on this side of the pond because of this case.

That sucks...I wasn't aware of this case..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The Champ wrote:
    That sucks...I wasn't aware of this case..

She is a young British girl who went missing (and is still missing) while on holiday in Portugal in I think May a few days before her fourth birthday. It's constant news over here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeline_McCann. Apparently she looks a bit like the girl in the film as well.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    She is a young British girl who went missing (and is still missing) while on holiday in Portugal in I think May a few days before her fourth birthday. It's constant news over here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeline_McCann. Apparently she looks a bit like the girl in the film as well.

Wow, she does look like her. Sad fucking story..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    very good movie. I saw it last night. the decision at the end was a no-brainer for me.
  • I saw it last weekend
    Great movie!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • good movie. not great, but good. solid performances and sure, impossible decision. fine acting, but somehow the story just didn't *pull* on me as i think it should've, and can't make up my mind if it's the fault of the story, or the direction of the story. anyway, good flick.

i REALLY wanted to go and see margot at the wedding today. went to the theatre TO go see it, but they had 'technical difficulties' so no film. :( bummer. maybe tomorrow.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Seemed appropriate to bump this movie thread ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Carey wrote:
    Seemed appropriate to bump this movie thread ;)

Good call...........
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brilliant film. excellent acting from casey affleck and excellent directing from ben affleck.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Book is better
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    such an old thread!

Anyways, I saw this in 2007 I believe and was blown away. I was impressed by Ben's directing, and Ive always been a big fan of Casey. The movie itself was extremely complex, great script, writing, acting and story. The choice and the implications of the end of the movie, what it meant, seemed emotional and powerful.

The Town got a ton of acclaim and press and hype a few years back. While it was a quality film, I was disappointed in large part because of how blown away I was by Gone Baby Gone. I found Gone Baby Gone a far superior film.