Options

'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead'

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
The movie begins with Marisa Tomei getting drilled by Philip Seymour Hoffman. She's naked all over the fucking place, and looks amazing!! Anyway, it's a creepy/depressing film with great acting and fresh storyline. I highly recommend it :)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/before_the_devil_knows_youre_dead/?critic=creamcrop
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    The Champ wrote:
    The movie begins with Marisa Tomei getting drilled by Philip Seymour Hoffman. She's naked all over the fucking place, and looks amazing!! Anyway, it's a creepy/depressing film with great acting and fresh storyline. I highly recommend it :)
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/before_the_devil_knows_youre_dead/?critic=creamcrop

I love Marissa Tomei. Went and saw her at a reading in SOHO a couple of months back. However, as much as I would enjoy seeing her naked all over the place, I would not want to ever see PSH naked, and as such must pass on this one.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I love Marissa Tomei. Went and saw her at a reading in SOHO a couple of months back. However, as much as I would enjoy seeing her naked all over the place, I would not want to ever see PSH naked, and as such must pass on this one.

I hear you about Philip, but she's so damn sexy and gets drilled in other scenes not shared with Philip as well ;)....Also, it's not the only aspect of the film. You should check it out..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    "Sidney Lumet's "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" is such a superb crime melodrama that I almost want to leave it at that. To just stop writing right now and advise you to go out and see it as soon as you can. I so much want to avoid revealing plot points that I don't even want to risk my usual strategy of oblique hints. You deserve to walk into this one cold."

-Roger Ebert
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    this movie didn't work for me ... the performances didn't quite click and i found some things too absurd ... the whole thing with the father and son thing had no meat to it ... it felt like it was just thrown in there ...

but ... i saw marisa tomei naked ...
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    this movie didn't work for me ... the performances didn't quite click and i found some things too absurd ... the whole thing with the father and son thing had no meat to it ... it felt like it was just thrown in there ...

but ... i saw marisa tomei naked ...

Fair enough. In my opinion, the performances were spot on, but then again what the fuck do I know? However, it is one of the best reviewed movies of the year (refer to link in orginal post) and I tend to agree with the majority consensus..

"Marisa Tomei, who just keeps on getting sexier as she grows older so very slowly." -Ebert...Yeah, I wonder what he really wanted to type..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    The Champ wrote:

"Marisa Tomei, who just keeps on getting sexier, and as I grows older my pants grow so very slowly." -Ebert...Yeah, I wonder what he really wanted to type..

Probably something like this.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"