Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    Of all the forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.
    ~ Bertrand Russell

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been.
    ~ Arthur Ransome

This is my life; I'm not going to have this moment again.
    ~ Bernie Seigel
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    The days come and go, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them as silently away.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    "Ya know, you're a funny girl. After a long carnivorous fuck you're talking about a marriage counselor. Who are you?"

Mark Ruffalo as Jack Linden in We Don't Live Here Anymore

i STILL love this line...told a few people of it. hahaha. i just rented this flick yesterday.....should get around to watching it tonight. :cool:

In dreams and in love, there are no impossibilities.
    ~ Janos Arony

We can only learn to love by loving.
    ~ Iris Murdock

Spread your love wherever you go.
    ~ Mother Theresa

I have a heart with room for every joy.
    ~ P.J. Bailey

Open your mind, open your heart, open your arms, take it all in.
    ~ Kobi Yamada
  • Options
    Perhaps loving something is the only starting place there is for making your life your own.
    ~ Alice Koller
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    There are only two tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    ~ Oscar Wilde
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    i am only ignorant of what i do not know....
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    vmfury wrote:
    There are only two tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    ~ Oscar Wilde

WOW, how true. I've learned from mistakes and try to be careful what I wish for now.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Only love makes life meaningful.
    ~ Anonymous

You must find the passion, an unrelenting passion.
    ~ David Easton

Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
    ~ Denis Diderot

Follow what you love and it will take you where you want to go.
    ~ Natalie Goldberg

The essential conditions of everything we do must be choice, love, passion.
    ~ Nadia Boulanger.
  • Options
    “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Anonymous
    "You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss." - Daniel Heinsius
  • Options
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue these.
    ~ Michael Nolan
  • Options
    "Thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone, unless of course, they pray to a different invisible avenger than the one you pray to." ~ George Carlin
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Don't worry about what the world wants from you, worry about what makes you come more alive. Because what the world really needs are people who are more alive.
    ~ Lawrence Le Shan

If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.
    ~ Joseph Campbell

High achievement requires emotional investment. Unfortunately, there are scores of people who do not make the investment - who do not feel strongly about anything.
    ~ Theodore Isaac Rubin
  • Options
    you high fiving muthafucka!!!!
    -local H
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Heres another funny one from George Carlin

"I had no shoes, and I felt sorry for myself until I meet a man with no feet. I took his shoes. Now I feel better."
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get. It’s what you are expected to give - which is everything." - Anonymous
    "You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss." - Daniel Heinsius
  • Options
    "I've had good experiences on drugs and I've had bad experiences on drugs... But i've had good and bad relationships and im not giving up pussy" - Bill Hicks

" People say that pot makes you lazy.. but thats not true.. you just get high and realise its not worth doing " - Bill Hicks
    It's a well known fact that drugs have caused paranoia, brain damage, and loss of reality in those that have never taken them.
  • Options
    When the love of power is overcomed by the power of love, then the planet will know peace...

Jimi Hendrix(note:this quote may not be verbatim)
    Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
  • Options
    imessiah wrote:
    "I've had good experiences on drugs and I've had bad experiences on drugs... But i've had good and bad relationships and im not giving up pussy" - Bill Hicks

" People say that pot makes you lazy.. but thats not true.. you just get high and realise its not worth doing " - Bill Hicks

Those are great! Bill Hicks was a genius!!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    People who love us for what we are, not for what we have done, are precious support when we're trying to do and be more.
    ~ Peter McWilliams

There are many compliments that may come to an individual in the course of a lifetime, but there is no higher tribute than to be loved by those who know us best.
    ~ Dale E. Turner

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
    ~ Mike McKnight

Friends feed each other's spirits and dreams and hopes; they feed each other with the things a soul needs to live.
    ~ Glen Harrington-Hall

The warmth of a friend's presence brings joy to our hearts, sunlight to our souls, and pleasure to all of life.
    ~ Unknown
  • Options
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
    ~ Lao-Tzu
  • Options
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
    ~ Lao-Tzu

Fantastic quote Dreamncolor!
    “Don't waste a $1000 worth of emotion over a 5-cent triviality." - Anonymous
  • Options
    why thank you estranged. i merely am quoting, sadly i didn't write it. ;)

I have forged my own life, but not alone; my friends have made the better part of it.
    ~ Shawna Corley

We are so much less without each other.
    ~ Leo Buscaglia

Everywhere, we learn best from those whom we love.
    ~ Goethe
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    ~ Winston Churchill
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    i am what i believe myself to be.
    ~dreamncolor
  • Options
    "Noo, i said "ello", but thats close enough." The Worm
    "You, my love, are allowed to rot and to die and to live again more alive and incandescent than before"
  • Options
    Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul to another.
    ~ George Eliot
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    Lol Pennyroyal, that is the BEST movie!

hmmm.... a good quote...

"What the %$#@! It's that bloody squirrel, quick, into character!" Tediz.
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    Loving can cost a lot; not loving always costs more.
    ~ Merle Shain

The more you love, the more you are given to love with.
    ~ Lucien Price

Only connect.
    ~ E.M. Forster
  • Options
    “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection.” - Buddha
  • Options
    We all have the power to give away love, to love other people. And if we do so, we change the kind of person we are, and we change the kind of world we live in.
    ~ Rabbi Harold Kushner