Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get.

homer simpson
    "I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
    -Aldous Huxley
  • Options
    The time that gets wasted is the time you don't spend in each moment, experiencing and appreciating it for what it is.
    ~ Barbara de Angelis
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    "There it is! The Holy grail of Christmas gifts! The Red Ryder 200 shot range model air rifle! And there he is! Red Ryder himself! In his hand was the knerl stock of his coolly deadliest looking piece of weaponry as ever I had laid eyes on!"

-A Christmas Story
  • Options
    Life is a series of moments. Each moment should be welcomed in joy and relinquished in joy.
    ~ Deepak Chopra
  • Options
    "The eyes overflow when the heart is full" -Yiddish Proverb

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
    ~ Storm Jameson
  • Options
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

- William Wallace. From the movie Braveheart
  • Options
    The place to be happy is here.
    The time to be happy is now.
    The way to be happy is to make others so.
    ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

Savor the moment. Search for a little joy, and you will find a great deal of it in unexpected places.
    ~ Allen Folstein

The point is to live everything.
    ~ Steven Potter
  • Options
    Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

-George Carlin
  • Options
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye...

But only a few will catch your heart.

Pursue these.

~Michael Nolan~
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    Let yourself be silently drawn by...

the strange pull...

of what you really love.

~RUMI~
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    People will tell you that all the great opportunities have been snapped up. In reality, the world changes every second, blowing new opportunities in all directions, including yours.
    ~ Ken Hakuta
  • Options
    "A dream can be nurtured over years and years and then flourish rapidly. . . . Be patient. It will happen for you. Sooner or later, life will get weary of beating on you and holding the door shut on you, and then it will let you in and throw you a real party!" - Les(ter Louis) Brown
    "You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss." - Daniel Heinsius
  • Options
    Estranged wrote:
    "A dream can be nurtured over years and years and then flourish rapidly. . . . Be patient. It will happen for you. Sooner or later, life will get weary of beating on you and holding the door shut on you, and then it will let you in and throw you a real party!" - Les(ter Louis) Brown

glad to see you made it over. :) great words, as always.........

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived in order to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life needs to be lived in a constant state of discovery.
    ~ Kobi Yamada

We can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.
    ~ Claude Bernard
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    How we spend our days is how we spend our lives (Anne Dillard)

First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. Then you win. (Mahatma K. Gandhi)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    There are only two things you "have to" do in life. You "have to" die and you "have to" live until you die. You make up all the rest.
    ~ Marilyn Grey
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    "Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!" George Carlin
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    i love this quote.....tis soooo true:

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.
    ~ Jules Renard
  • Options
    Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasure, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
    ~ Henry Miller
  • Options
    "I'll do anything for money. Hell, I'd work for the Klan if they paid me enough." - Charles Barkley

"This is the kind of game that makes you wanna go home and beat your wife." - Charles Barkley following a dismal loss to the Bulls

"You guys wanna talk to me?? Well I guess its not like you've got a team to cover" - Charles Barkley to the media after arriving at Madison Square Garden to play the Knicks.

:)
  • Options
    One of the most wonderful things about life is that there's always so much more to know, so much more to discover.
    ~ Joni Eareckson Tada
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    A person in danger should not try to escape at one stroke. He should first calmly hold his own, then be satisfied with small gains, which will come by creative adaptations.
    ~I Ching

And the high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule, or to impose himself in any other way.
    ~Albert Einstein
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years youll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked...Youre not as fat as you imagine.

Dont worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Dont be reckless with other peoples hearts, dont put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Dont waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind...the race is long, and in the end its only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Dont feel guilty if you dont know what to do with your life...the most interesting people I know didnt know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees, youll miss them when theyre gone.

Maybe youll marry, maybe you wont, maybe youll have children, maybe you wont, maybe youll divorce at 40, maybe youll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary...what ever you do, dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody elses.

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can...dont be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument youll ever own.

Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you dont follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, youll never know when theyll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do youll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Dont expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Dont mess too much with your hair, or by the time its 40, it will look 85.

Be careful who advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen...

~Baz Luhrman
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    "i dont know anything about music. In my line, you dont have to"

- elvis presley
  • Options
    "it usually takes more than 3 weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech" - mark twain
  • Options
    Do you mind if i speak to you in english? the only thing i know in dutch is how to order pot..
    ~ E. Vedder
  • Options
    'i have the simplist tastes. i am always satisfied with the best" - oscar wilde
  • Options
    if u have to eat a shit sandwhich, better do it now before it gets even more gross over time
    ~a close friend
  • Options
    I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games... 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and I've missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life.... And that is why I succeed.

-Michael Jordan
  • Options
    The Creator does not deduct those hours from ones life that are spent fishing
    anonymous
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009