Options

Thanksgiving with my family AND MY EX-HUSBAND~~

PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been divorced for 5 years now, seperated for about 8. (We were married for 12 years)
After 8 years of pretty much no time shared together, my ex-husband will be spending Thanksgiving with me, our 2 children and my family. My family is thrilled, our children are thrilled and in a small way, i'm excited too. I think I'm more scared tho.....Our marriage fell apart due to addiction. His addiction (VODKA) got him into a lot of trouble and he spent 5 years incarcerated. He's been out for almost a year now but his PO would not allow him to see me until he completed a 52 week course which he has now finished. We have been allowed to communicate over the phone which we do often to "parent" our children. He has mentioned reconciling and I've just kinda blown him off, out of my own fears. So much happened while he was really suffereing from alcoholism that even after all these years I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I try to deal with the concept of trust, trusting him. He says he's been sober for 5+ years. So anyway, Tomorrow is the big day and I feel like all of a sudden we are going to "play house". I just thought I'd post here and see what the wise words of the pit have to say..........and i'm hoping that some of you can make me laugh about this :)
The best use of Life is Love.
The best expression of Love is Time.
The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    good luck?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I've been divorced for 5 years now, seperated for about 8. (We were married for 12 years)
    After 8 years of pretty much no time shared together, my ex-husband will be spending Thanksgiving with me, our 2 children and my family. My family is thrilled, our children are thrilled and in a small way, i'm excited too. I think I'm more scared tho.....Our marriage fell apart due to addiction. His addiction (VODKA) got him into a lot of trouble and he spent 5 years incarcerated. He's been out for almost a year now but his PO would not allow him to see me until he completed a 52 week course which he has now finished. We have been allowed to communicate over the phone which we do often to "parent" our children. He has mentioned reconciling and I've just kinda blown him off, out of my own fears. So much happened while he was really suffereing from alcoholism that even after all these years I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I try to deal with the concept of trust, trusting him. He says he's been sober for 5+ years. So anyway, Tomorrow is the big day and I feel like all of a sudden we are going to "play house". I just thought I'd post here and see what the wise words of the pit have to say..........and i'm hoping that some of you can make me laugh about this :)

Remember I have a cheesehead waiting for you. :)

I wish you well and good luck. I hope things go well for your family.