Options

My Pearl Jam House :)

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Hola..

So, some folks have asked me to send some pics of my PJ collection and the placed it is housed in. I just figured I would put a link here. I am finally getting to the point that I am going to get some stuff up on the walls and make some sense of it all, so I thought maybe I would just post some shots here now and again so those interested could see the progress.

Basically, it is a 24'x30' shop that I converted into my own private playhouse that a friend of mine deemed the "Pearl Jam House" shortly after I bought the property. It was basically a woodshop. The previous owner had finshied the wall and put up the lights and ran heat to it, so I had it carpeted and painted the walls, wired it for sound. I chose the purple cause I thought it would make the colors of the posters going up "pop" a little and I like purple. I chose the gray simply because it was called STONEgray and it looked good with the purple.

I know alot wont care, but there are some that have asked, and I finally got around to it. I hope to be able to add to these soon. Enjoy it, or dont. ;)

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i dig your purple wall! my girlfriend is trying to get me to paint one of our living room walls purple... i just may. looks pretty cool.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I love the purple too!
    Cool place. :) I like the couch.
    I don't know anything about posters but I really like the girl with the rays coming out of her eye.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Very cool. I'd love to have a whole :shop" of PJ. Ours are kind of scattered through out our house. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,084
    NICE!!!

I like your Vitalogy table (at least I think it is a table) :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    NICE!!!

I like your Vitalogy table (at least I think it is a table) :D

HAHA...Yes, it is a table, just not set up yet. I actually have two of them and I am using them as end tables on either side of the couch. One will be the A-side and one the B-side. Just need to get the glass to go over the flats.

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    This is great.
    I gotta sho this to my wife the next time she says that i am opsessed!
    It should be cool when finished!
    What state do you live in?
    I would like to crash there next time I am in your town, LOL
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    That table is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    This is great.
    I gotta sho this to my wife the next time she says that i am opsessed!
    It should be cool when finished!
    What state do you live in?
    I would like to crash there next time I am in your town, LOL

Obsessed is such a strong word. ;) and I live in Wa state. You are all welcome! :) Just not all at once!!

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    That table is truly kick arse, cool room dude.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Hola..

So, some folks have asked me to send some pics of my PJ collection and the placed it is housed in. I just figured I would put a link here. I am finally getting to the point that I am going to get some stuff up on the walls and make some sense of it all, so I thought maybe I would just post some shots here now and again so those interested could see the progress.

Basically, it is a 24'x30' shop that I converted into my own private playhouse that a friend of mine deemed the "Pearl Jam House" shortly after I bought the property. It was basically a woodshop. The previous owner had finshied the wall and put up the lights and ran heat to it, so I had it carpeted and painted the walls, wired it for sound. I chose the purple cause I thought it would make the colors of the posters going up "pop" a little and I like purple. I chose the gray simply because it was called STONEgray and it looked good with the purple.

I know alot wont care, but there are some that have asked, and I finally got around to it. I hope to be able to add to these soon. Enjoy it, or dont. ;)

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

Nice Alpine Poster. :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I think you need Framer and I to help you hang the rest of your posters :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I think you need Framer and I to help you hang the rest of your posters :)

Actually just waiting to hear from G to get him over here and help me frame and hang the rest. I am working on it. I am sure with the holidays it is gonna be tough though.

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    thats sooo cool! the purple wall looks rad...
    forgive me for being stupid, but... what exactly is it for? is it property outside of where you live, just to hang out or...

well whatever it is, its damn cool.
    i'm def. having a pearl jam room when i move out of the 'rents house... when i grow up. :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    thats sooo cool! the purple wall looks rad...
    forgive me for being stupid, but... what exactly is it for? is it property outside of where you live, just to hang out or...

well whatever it is, its damn cool.
    i'm def. having a pearl jam room when i move out of the 'rents house... when i grow up. :D

Honestly, it is the reason we bought the house. As soon as I walked in and saw the shop, we made the offer that night and it was ours. I have too big of a collection to have a room in the house, and it was perfect. 24x30' with 14' cielings. Heat, cable, phone, internet,track lighting, windows, the whole 9. All it needed was some paint and some carpet and an alarm. I have over 100 posters that are mounted and ready to be put in frames and up on the walls. I only have frames for about 20 so far and need to get the rest done and up this winter(hopefully :) ). There are litterally over 1000 cds, dvds and vhs all PJ. I have album frames for all the vinyl and about 50-60 setlists that I am going to display somewhere as well. I am thinking about having someone come in and paint the 'stickman' right in the middle of the purple wall, but have not decided whether to do that, or have a 3-4' neon stickman made for it. I bought a big screen and a nice sound system as well and have TONS of other stuff as well. Picks, drumsticks, promos flats. It is just a matter of figuring out what will look best. It is simply for my enjoyment and to share with other PJ fans. Who knows, maybe once it is in a more presentable stage, I can get my friend to have Jeff stop by and autograph the wall. :)

• Options
    that table is BADASS :D
  • Options
    that table is BADASS :D

Thanks. That seems to be the thing everyone likes the best so far. :)

• Options
    Thanks. That seems to be the thing everyone likes the best so far. :)
    the whole place is way cool! i'm just hypnotized by a giant vitalogy at the moment haha
  • Options
    the whole place is way cool! i'm just hypnotized by a giant vitalogy at the moment haha

It is def a bit overwhelming at times too. Alot of stuff. It is hard to decide what to do first and how to attack it. Sometimes I have to just not go out there for a few weeks in order to not get frustrated. I am in a good place with it right now though. I have decided to atleast get the posters I have frames for back togther since I had them mounted ealier this year. It was harder before when they were just waiting to be mounted and sitting in boxes, so that will make the framing easier since I am doing them myself! Hear that G, I am doing them myself! ;) hahaha

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Freakin' unbelievable. Congrats!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Freakin' unbelievable. Congrats!

Thanks. It is def time consuming, but I cant stop now. :)

• Options
    Wow! I love it!
  • Options
    Wow! I love it!

THANKS!! :) Def my pride and joy!

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Honestly, it is the reason we bought the house. As soon as I walked in and saw the shop, we made the offer that night and it was ours. I have too big of a collection to have a room in the house, and it was perfect. 24x30' with 14' cielings. Heat, cable, phone, internet,track lighting, windows, the whole 9. All it needed was some paint and some carpet and an alarm. I have over 100 posters that are mounted and ready to be put in frames and up on the walls. I only have frames for about 20 so far and need to get the rest done and up this winter(hopefully :) ). There are litterally over 1000 cds, dvds and vhs all PJ. I have album frames for all the vinyl and about 50-60 setlists that I am going to display somewhere as well. I am thinking about having someone come in and paint the 'stickman' right in the middle of the purple wall, but have not decided whether to do that, or have a 3-4' neon stickman made for it. I bought a big screen and a nice sound system as well and have TONS of other stuff as well. Picks, drumsticks, promos flats. It is just a matter of figuring out what will look best. It is simply for my enjoyment and to share with other PJ fans. Who knows, maybe once it is in a more presentable stage, I can get my friend to have Jeff stop by and autograph the wall. :)
    so whens the opening party and am i invited? :D

sooo cool. i wish i had such a place...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    I like to purple/grey combo! Very cool!! The table kicks ass too!
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • Options
    so whens the opening party and am i invited? :D

sooo cool. i wish i had such a place...

HAHA....Not sure about the unvieling yet, and sure you are invited. Anyone who happens to be passing through my town is more than welcome to stop by anytime for a look. Not sure if it will ever be DONE persay. It may always be a work in progress. There is always SOMETHING I will find that I will want to add, so maybe more of a museum than a house. ;)

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i want to know more about table? is that real vinyl? it looks larger?

and what you have for trade in those tubes? :D
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i want to know more about table? is that real vinyl? it looks larger?

and what you have for trade in those tubes? :D

The tables are just some round glass end tables that I bought a few years ago. The flats are some promos on heavy cardstock that were put out when Vitalogy came out back then. I *think* they were in the record stores, not sure as I either traded or bought them. I am getting some glass cut to fit over the tops of the promos to protect them. So they will be under the glass eventually and used as end-tables as I have two of them. If you look closely at the pic, you can see the edge of the other one underneath.

As for the tubes, most of these pics were taken a while back and have since been emptied and had the posters mounted for framing. I only have about 15-20 that arent mounted at this time. Not sure if I have many to trade right now. I do have an extra pink AC though.

• Options
    A few folks pmed me asking to see the pics, so I thought I would just give it a quick bump! :)