Options

MLB....Big Move

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Miguel Tejada to the the Astros for Luke Scott and prospects......Not a be all end all, but atleast there is some MBL talk! I am sick of football. ;)
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    i seem to remember ( i could be wrong) but wasn't tejada part of a proposed three-team trade in 2005 that involved oswalt going to the mets?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Stros gave up a lot of their farm system for tejada.

I read that the padres are talking to the pirates about a large trade that would involve Jason Bay heading to San Diego
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I've listened to B-Rob on the Anita Marks radio show, and it seemed that he worked well with and liked to work with Miguel. If B-Rob goes, I'm so NOT following O's baseball next year. My BBall heart is with BRob :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    maybe we can get some more big news today i lvoe when the hot stove heats up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    bad move for the Astros. They're getting a guy who is a stone cold lock to be on the report tomorrow, and who's best days are behind him.
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    intodeep wrote:
    Stros gave up a lot of their farm system for tejada.

I read that the padres are talking to the pirates about a large trade that would involve Jason Bay heading to San Diego

This is such a bonehead move by the Pirates. Why try and deal Bay when his value lower than normal (coming off injury and an off-year). The idea is the trade when value is HIGH!!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Because keeping him would mean actually having to pay him. Paying players goes against everything the Pirates believe in
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this is a good off season for baseball fans...

i am still loving that Tigers move...
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    the Oswalt deal from before was a rumor. As far I I know it was never confirmed. I think it's a good deal. I'm getting excited about baseball season.
  • Options
    Because keeping him would mean actually having to pay him. Paying players goes against everything the Pirates believe in

Yeah it is right up there with winning. The currrent managment is adamantly against that too.

They can go get another Dereck Bell to play for them. Or who is it they got for Aramas Ramirez Bobby Hill and some other nobody from the cubs?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    the Oswalt deal from before was a rumor. As far I I know it was never confirmed. I think it's a good deal. I'm getting excited about baseball season.

I've heard that it was a done deal, and that Angelos pulled the plug fearing bad PR
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    If BRob gets traded to the Cubs how am I suppose to meet him, and tell the hottie what an inspiration he is? Oh well, I guess I'll meet someone else who had open heart surgery as a kid like me, and is able to show me more beyond my fear. Cutiecutie that he is, too. Boohoo.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird