Options

You know what really grinds my gears....

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited February 2008 in The Porch
People on this forum that CONSTANTLY complain complain complain about PJ whenever they release concert dates, news, singles, records, posters...ppl are always bitching.
Look on the bright side. Pearl Jam is playing Bonnaroo. Don't bitch. They may play a US tour, they may not, but you have the opportunity to see them at least once in 2008 IF you want to.
If you don't wanna camp out for 4 days, then stop bitching on this forum about it. Just don't go.
I used to love posting on this forum but there's always too much complaining lately. Everyone is free to their opinion to voice, but whining is unattractive and annoying.
Sorry if you feel other ways, but that's what really grinds my gears.

See ya in Manchester!! BONNAROOOOO WOOOHOOO
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    I here ya!!

We are some of the luckiest fans in the world and when news like PJ playing Bonnaroo comes out...all there is, is complaining. The past 3 years we have been very fortunate for a European tour and American tour. Lollapalooza and now Bonnaroo.

When I heard them playing Bonnaroo, I was glad. Maybe even more people will realize that they are one of the greatest bands ever to grace a stage. Can't people be happy about that?
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    People on this forum that CONSTANTLY complain complain complain about PJ whenever they release concert dates, news, singles, records, posters...ppl are always bitching.
    Look on the bright side. Pearl Jam is playing Bonnaroo. Don't bitch. They may play a US tour, they may not, but you have the opportunity to see them at least once in 2008 IF you want to.
    If you don't wanna camp out for 4 days, then stop bitching on this forum about it. Just don't go.
    I used to love posting on this forum but there's always too much complaining lately. Everyone is free to their opinion to voice, but whining is unattractive and annoying.

Yeah, I agree.....but, mostly, I just love your screename :D!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i like ur location (lost wages); that's clever
  • Options
    Ditto man. You'd swear them playing at Bonnaroo meant the whiniest of PJ fans losing their loved ones.

Also ditto on the Lost Wages, that's awesome.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Fuckin' A right man!

I'm so sick of the Whiners! Enjoy this time in Pearl Jam history people...because 10 years from now you'll wished you would have.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    Peter Griffin: "You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus!"
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer...that deserves a round of applause
    but what really grinds your gears?
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Agreed.

AND-- people using the term "dirty hippy" is getting annoying as well. I mean... hippiness is a state of mind! Plenty of hippies shower regularly or at least use deoderant. Some festival hippies are just part-time hippies, too.

Avoiding someone just because they have dreads is not very nice and mud-baths are actually very good for the skin!
  • Options
    i just hope the negativity surrounding Mettalica being there doesnt spread like cancer.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Peter Griffin: "You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus!"

BINGO
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    I agree about the complaining....

I've only had the opportunity to see them once, last year at Nijmegen.
    I was unable to attend both the shows in sweden 92 and 00, even if I had a ticket for the latter :( .........

I wish I could come over to the US and see them, but I think it will be to expensive for me, and camping for 4 days I'm not sure I'd like that much......

So I'll just pray for another european tour (not complaning, just wishing) :)

And for all those who has the opportunity to go to Bonnaroo....ENJOY IT !!
    ......and let us all know how it was......(we want pictures/stories/recordings)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Great post
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Grinds your gears? Are you a Transformer or something :D

Seriously though, I can't wait for Bonnaroo this year. I just have to stop thinking about Metallica being there and focus on looking forward to Pearl Jam.

Sorry to hate on Metallica, but I just don't see how they are right for Roo.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    cool... complaining about complaining....

thus does that make me complaining about complaining about complaining?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    cool... complaining about complaining....

thus does that make me complaining about complaining about complaining?

yup.... you are indeed complaning about complaining about complaining! :p
    Dont you just love it!? ;)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    to each their own, i was just simply making a point that most ppl understood in the thread
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307

so your complaining about people complaining he he he :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    you got a good point. it overcooks my grits as well. but it aint gonna stop. just sorta have to get used to it. or step away from the board.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

It is a strange psychological phenomenon that happens to folks on a bbs. They act and whine and complain about things that they would never do on their own in real life. These places make it too easy to be anonymous and loud with the connection of other fans.

I disagree with MOST of it, as most of it is centered around whiners not getting what they want - coupled with the delusions that Pearl Jam owes them something.

Also, I do not think this is "special" or "unique" to Pearl Jam fans. I would bet if you go to any bands forum where they have a very loyal following of fans, you will see this behavior there too.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Peter Griffin?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown