Options

Sean Penn & Robin Wright Penn divorcing

janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Too much partying with Ed maybe? ;) Too bad for the kids though.

After 11 years, Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn divorcing

December 27, 2007
BY JENNIFER NEWMAN Staff Reporter
Hollywood couple Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn are divorcing, according to People.com.
The actors have been married for 11 years and have two children, daughter, Dylan Frances, 16, and son, Hopper Jack, 14.

Penn, 47, and Wright Penn, 41, first met in 1990 on the set of the movie, “State of Grace.” They later married in 1996.

Wright Penn starred in “Beowulf” this year. Penn directed the movie “Into the Wild,” which received four SAG Award nominations and two Golden Globe nominations.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NO!!!! I actually LIKED them!! ARGH...are all couples destined for heartache???

that wasnt sarcasm.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    NO!!!! I actually LIKED them!! ARGH...are all couples destined for heartache???

that wasnt sarcasm.

yea they were sort of kinda under the radar. At least there's still Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea they were sort of kinda under the radar. At least there's still Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.

you ain't kiddin'! what a testament to lifelong love, what a couple! :)

i too really 'liked' penn/wright.....seemed well suited/matched, and let's face it, it's always a shame when a couple splits. especially a long-term commitment, and dd in children, it all hurts. can only wish them an amicable split and all the best, especially for their children. it's so sad. just hope it leads forward to future happiness.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    only 11 years? geez. seems so easy to give up and give in instead of working a little harder to make it work....of course, i'm being an ass and i'm being judgemental, i know. don't know the facts, i know. but it just seems like nobody tries anymore...this was the better option? being divorced, custody issues, alimony, child support....that's going to be easier to deal with? marriage is no cake-walk. it takes a lot of effort to make it work and keep it going. if it was easy, everybody would (still) be married ;)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I think people living in that culture must have a hard time holding things together.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Eddie will be writing a song shortly
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    igotid88 wrote:

that has to be the only entertainment couple with any sort of idea as to how to live together for a life long commitment ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    that has to be the only entertainment couple with any sort of idea as to how to live together for a life long commitment ....

tom hanks and rita wilson also spring to mind. :)
    there ARE success stories, even in hollywood....just a bit more rare. divorce is a lot more prevalent/accepted in our society in general, and as justam mentioned...that sort of culture/lifestyle...definitely makes it THAT much more difficult to hold a marriage together.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    tom hanks and rita wilson also spring to mind. :)
    there ARE success stories, even in hollywood....just a bit more rare. divorce is a lot more prevalent/accepted in our society in general, and as justam mentioned...that sort of culture/lifestyle...definitely makes it THAT much more difficult to hold a marriage together.

the other day i was thinking about this subject and i couldn't really come up with to many couples ,but that is what's fucked up about the entertainment industry they just take it to lightly and really don't think about the repercussions they leave behind to all the kids of these broken marriages ....
  • Options
    the other day i was thinking about this subject and i couldn't really come up with to many couples ,but that is what's fucked up about the entertainment industry they just take it to lightly and really don't think about the repercussions they leave behind to all the kids of these broken marriages ....

how are they really all that different from the average couples? :p not to make light of it b/c it is devastating oftentimes for children involved, but in all honesty......i don't think percentage -wise it is THAT much worse than the national averages. we only see/read about the *big star* couples who split....there are LOTS more involved in 'hollywood' who are not so big, under the radar, and manage to sty married. and again, of those who don't...i really don't think overall they are that much worse than the average family that splits. it's just much *worse* b/c they are in the spotlight, but that's also part of what makes their lives *better* too...so all perspective. i DO believe it is even harder to keep it together though, b/c there IS so much more temptations, ease of doing so, etc.....but bottomline i don't think they are that much different from all the issues/woes we all face being married and staying married. let's face it, 'staying together' is not what it used to be, both for the better and the worse of relationships/families.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    maybe she's getting back with Gump
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    how are they really all that different from the average couples? :p not to make light of it b/c it is devastating oftentimes for children involved, but in all honesty......i don't think percentage -wise it is THAT much worse than the national averages. we only see/read about the *big star* couples who split....there are LOTS more involved in 'hollywood' who are not so big, under the radar, and manage to sty married. and again, of those who don't...i really don't think overall they are that much worse than the average family that splits. it's just much *worse* b/c they are in the spotlight, but that's also part of what makes their lives *better* too...so all perspective. i DO believe it is even harder to keep it together though, b/c there IS so much more temptations, ease of doing so, etc.....but bottomline i don't think they are that much different from all the issues/woes we all face being married and staying married. let's face it, 'staying together' is not what it used to be, both for the better and the worse of relationships/families.

yeah i hear you but since they are wealthy stars it's that much easyer to dissolve these unions it's no big deal to them ,as opposed to the regular gal&guy off the streets ....that is the bottom line it's just easyer for them to say i can't deal with this anymore ...
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    usually I am not surprised by Hollywood break up's, but this one surprised me.