Options

Why do I wake up crabby?

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Ugh! It's just about every morning. And after I get out of the shower and have a cup of coffee, I'm for the most part out of my funk. But during shower time, I'm crankypants. Like I have a bug to pick with the world.

But I really don't. I'm not an unhappy person. But I always wake up with bad mood things on my mind. Is this just my way of clearing the bad stuff out of my head? First thing in the morning? Not a great way to start the day!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    'Crankypants' - I wish that were my username. (I've never heard that before). :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I'm pissed off every morning too, but that's just because I don't want to get up. Ever.
  • Options
    I use the term crankypants and crotchrocket both interchangeably. Love 'em! Cocknocker as well.

Funny thing about cocknocker. I introduced myself to a new coworker with that word. He said something like "I'm Kevin, and sorry about my language (we share cubicle walls) I swear a lot".

To which I responded "Hi, that's OK, I like the word Cocknocker"

We were instant friends.

Tried the radio w/ cd player in the shower. Knocked it dancing LOL! Shattered it. But it was good while it lasted. To Breath to less! "Ohhhhhh reach the door, a BREATH and a scream!"
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It's all about the Wake N' Bake
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    I very rarely wake up Crabby, I let her sleep while I get ready for work. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Poncier wrote:
    I very rarely wake up Crabby, I let her sleep while I get ready for work. :D
    I wish I had thought of this "joke" first :P
  • Options
    me too! the thing is, up until like 5 years ago, I was a TOTAL morning person. I'd jump out of bed as soon as the alarm went off, ready to start the day. Now I'm all crabby, probably just because there is so much to freaking organize as soon as you wake up in the morning.
  • Options
    simple: you are not a morning person. nor am i. doesn't matter how wel i slept, how happy i am....just don't bug me in the morning. i need some quiet/me time and then i'm good. :)

and poncier.....my husband would say the same thing. ;) he is such a morning person...grrrrr! :mad: however, nowdays i get up before him for work in any case...so i am usually over the 'crabby' by the time he gets up.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Its too cold in the morning and there might be nothing worth waking up for
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options

I guessing that would get beaten to death with the toilet plunger eventually.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Why do I wake up crabby?
    Wear protection next time
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315

lol

cute radio!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,752
    Maybe because it's just not natural to wake up when it's still dark out? Or not enough sleep? Does this happen in the summer? I suppose you have some unresolved anger, or underlining issue you haven't addressed.

I wake up peaceful and happy most days. I'm not startled. I don't need a cigarette. It's pretty nice. I think it's because I cleared most of the ghosts out of my closet.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    I find morning sex always starts my day off on the right foot :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:

That doesn't help if you don't have a partner.

Oh... I don't want to know.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,752
    Or, morning sex with your foot...
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:

My hubby pawing at me at 6:15 AM a good hour before I get up would DEFINATELY piss me off LOL! But, thanks for the advice. I'll make sure he doesn't read this thread.

• Options
    tish wrote:
    Maybe because it's just not natural to wake up when it's still dark out? Or not enough sleep? Does this happen in the summer? I suppose you have some unresolved anger, or underlining issue you haven't addressed.

I wake up peaceful and happy most days. I'm not startled. I don't need a cigarette. It's pretty nice. I think it's because I cleared most of the ghosts out of my closet.

Tends to be better in the summer, so SAD is really not a gimmick. I know I'm under a lot of pressure. Fact. But I'm pretty happy. Stressed? Sure, but this has been going on for years. And seriously, when I say by the time I'm out of the shower and on to coffee, I'm fine. It's bizarre this waking up with a bone to pick with the world....then BAM! Happy again! Maybe I'm just not a good waker-upper.

I do like it when kitties wake me up though. They make me laugh.

• Options
    tish wrote:
    Or, morning sex with your foot...

Damn you must be flexible! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    That doesn't help if you don't have a partner.

Oh... I don't want to know.

MCKB your female right? ......so come on how hard is it for you to dig a up a partner ;)