i'm chris, and i'm a san diego sports fan

brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
i've been a san diego sports fan since 1967. like every san diego fan, i know we'll never win anything. sure, we'll get to the superbowl.......once.......and the world series.........twice.......but we won't win. yeah, tony gwinn is going to the hall of fame and i'll be there.......and yeah, kellen winslow played the best game ever in the playoffs, but still.

and now the best manager the padres have ever had has left for the evil giants.

and the chargers did win championships in the afl before the merger with the nfl.

now marty will be fired for going 14-2. but if he had made it to the superbowl, drew brees would have beaten him, when drew should still be the chargers quarterback.

say it with me.......there's always next year.

go clippers.......wait, they did.

go padres.
Post edited by Unknown User on
«1

Comments

  • brain of c wrote:
    now marty will be fired for going 14-2. but if he had made it to the superbowl, rex grossman would have beaten him



    amen, brother ;)
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,139
    Yeah but look where you live.;):)
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    cutback wrote:
    Yeah but look where you live.;):)

    displaced fan. go bills. whoo!! go elmira. whoo hoo!!!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,139
    brain of c wrote:
    displaced fan. go bills. whoo!! go elmira. whoo hoo!!!

    Oh . . . sorry.:( Go Sabers?:)
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    amen, brother ;)


    go t- rexy.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    The problem is that cross situated on top of Mt. Soledad. It's bad luck. It needs to be burned to the ground and its ashes launched into outer space. And Gwynn is not spelled with an i.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    sponger wrote:
    The problem is that cross situated on top of Mt. Soledad. It's bad luck. It needs to be burned to the ground and its ashes launched into outer space. And Gwynn is not spelled with an i.

    the gwynn thing was a test. you win free admission to the san diego zoo.


    not valid at the zoo.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    brain of c wrote:
    the gwynn thing was a test. you win free admission to the san diego zoo.


    not valid at the zoo.

    haha. I'd rather go to the monterey bay aquarium. At least the creatures there don't know they're in captivity.
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    brain of c wrote:
    i've been a san diego sports fan since 1967. like every san diego fan, i know we'll never win anything. sure, we'll get to the superbowl.......once.......and the world series.........twice.......but we won't win. yeah, tony gwinn is going to the hall of fame and i'll be there.......and yeah, kellen winslow played the best game ever in the playoffs, but still.

    and now the best manager the padres have ever had has left for the evil giants.

    and the chargers did win championships in the afl before the merger with the nfl.

    now marty will be fired for going 14-2. but if he had made it to the superbowl, drew brees would have beaten him, when drew should still be the chargers quarterback.

    say it with me.......there's always next year.

    go clippers.......wait, they did.

    go padres.

    i've been a Charger fan my whole life. Since the days of air coryell when Fouts would throw for 400+ yards, the chargers would score 45 points... and lose! i really thought this was going to be the year. FUCK! if you muff the kick... Fall on the fucking ball!! If you make what will very likely be a game ending interception, squeeze and... fall on the fucking ball! 14-2. perfect at home. 10 straight. one sloppy playoff performance and out.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • cornnifer wrote:
    i've been a Charger fan my whole life. Since the days of air coryell when Fouts would throw for 400+ yards, the chargers would score 45 points... and lose! i really thought this was going to be the year. FUCK! if you muff the kick... Fall on the fucking ball!! If you make what will very likely be a game ending interception, squeeze and... fall on the fucking ball! 14-2. perfect at home. 10 straight. one sloppy playoff performance and out.

    Yeah, it's funny no one really mentioned that last INT....it was 4th down. He should've just batted the ball to the ground. Like Brady said in the press conference, "fortunately, he intercepted it". I think that was a much bigger mistake than the punt or the field goal (which was a tough kick). I think the Chargers will come back strong next year though. Friggin' LT is unreal. They're a solid team.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yeah, it's funny no one really mentioned that last INT....it was 4th down. He should've just batted the ball to the ground. Like Brady said in the press conference, "fortunately, he intercepted it". I think that was a much bigger mistake than the punt or the field goal (which was a tough kick). I think the Chargers will come back strong next year though. Friggin' LT is unreal. They're a solid team.


    every team has a playoff window. they open, and close. you can see it happen. indy and new englands are closing.......san diego's probably just slammed shut.
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 147
    ditto man.....by the way...i am chris too...and i am a san diego sports fan....I hate being a padre/charger fan...always short end of the stick.....Do you think Jimmy johnson would mind coaching LT/Merriman/Rivers in sunny socal???
    I hope So!!!
  • im SPEEDY....

    AND I AM A FUCKING BEARS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Free Boston Lou!!!!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    im SPEEDY....

    AND I AM A FUCKING BEARS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    go speedy.

    i was sitting on the couch with my wife, i said it's late in the game, we're up 8, and i'm worried about losing.

    we kept giving them the ball! we stop them. personal foul, they score.
    we give the ball to l.t., he runs for six yards. two incomplete passes, we give back the ball. hello! two more l.t. runs instead? twelve more yards? fifty? we stop them again, fumble the interception back to them, they tie the game, and we waste a timeout in a challenge.

    i'd say unbeliveable.......but it's san diego.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    brain of c wrote:
    i've been a san diego sports fan since 1967. like every san diego fan, i know we'll never win anything. sure, we'll get to the superbowl.......once.......and the world series.........twice.......but we won't win. yeah, tony gwinn is going to the hall of fame and i'll be there.......and yeah, kellen winslow played the best game ever in the playoffs, but still.

    and now the best manager the padres have ever had has left for the evil giants.

    and the chargers did win championships in the afl before the merger with the nfl.

    now marty will be fired for going 14-2. but if he had made it to the superbowl, drew brees would have beaten him, when drew should still be the chargers quarterback.

    say it with me.......there's always next year.

    go clippers.......wait, they did.

    go padres.

    try living in philly :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

    Admin

    Social awareness does not equal political activism!

    5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 10,164
    Stay Classy San Diego (advice LT could have used postgame)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    can you stop with the small font. it gives me a headache ;)
    www.chicagophotoshop.com
    www.chicagophotoshop.com/forums
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 9,825
    chromiam wrote:
    try living in philly :)

    I was about to say the same thing. 23 fucking years and no championships in 4 sports and they talk about Chargers and Saints fan suffering. Jeez give me a damn break. Do people realize that college seniors in Philly have never seen a championship parade. Is that fucking sick or what. I just hope we get one before I die or am too old to run drunk down Broad Street.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    brain of c wrote:
    displaced fan. go bills. whoo!! go elmira. whoo hoo!!!


    it's going to suck when the Bills get moved to LA.


    Esther's here and she's sick?

    hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 CaliforniaPosts: 592
    This is the first thread I have ever seen you make in my history here. Ever.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

    I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Chargers should come back strong next year, that is, of course, unless Madden puts Tomlinson on the cover of next year's game.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 10,164
    Chargers should come back strong next year, that is, of course, unless Madden puts Tomlinson on the cover of next year's game.
    15-1 and a first round playoff loss.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    sponger wrote:
    The problem is that cross situated on top of Mt. Soledad.
    man, that is the never ending news story around here... and i couldnt care less
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 147
    i have no faith in this team anymore with marty as coach.....we need a PROVEN CHAMPION!!!! like jimmi johnson!!!!!
    JIMMI JOHNSON FOR COACH!!!!


    oooh.....and fuck that cross.....too much money and energy spent on that shittin thing!!!
  • marty should be fired. so what 14-2.....didnt give the ball to LT nearly enough against Pats....he was running at will all over them in 1sts half then marty put the ball in Rivers hands in second half for God doesnt even know what reason....

    Fire him.

    Bears will lose this week. Grossman not to blame either...D fense will not stop the saints offense. If we learned anything last weekend against Seattle, BLOCK URLACHER and you can run all over the middle of this soft D.

    Pats will run all over Colts this week too (they are still the same lame D they had all year) and lose when Peyton leads them down for a Vinaterri game winner.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i did the lights out dance after banging my wife on sunday night

    chargers suck
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 10,164
    bostonlou wrote:
    i did the lights out dance after banging my wife on sunday night

    chargers suck
    I did it after I banged her on Monday!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i forgot the padres blew up in the playoffs in the same year.......
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    ah...spring training, 08.......i'm okay.......go padres.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    go royals
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
Sign In or Register to comment.