Options

writer's block...

iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
edited August 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
does anyone have any helpful hints to get over this...and fast?!

i have to write a piece about tampa for my company's newsletter. the outline of topics is there...the formulation of sentences is just not happening though. it's due tomorrow by 4pm :eek: to top it off...i'm in charge of writing about a city that i hate??!
yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Just write about Adventure Island
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    You could write about Tampa Bay Quarterback Jeff Garcia and his Hot Playmate wife? ;)

Or you could write about Girls wearing Fedora's in Florida.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Does the Lowry Park Zoo still exist?
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    You could write about Tampa Bay Quarterback Jeff Garcia and his Hot Playmate wife? ;)

Or you could write about Girls wearing Fedora's in Florida.
    urbanites are not interested in football. though fedoras, well, we're all over those! ;)

i just want to make it easy to read...portland was featured a couple weeks ago, and holy crap was that alot of information.

i'm trying to come up w/ something about the skatepark, and i'm at a loss!
  • Options
    Dale Mabry
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    Does the Lowry Park Zoo still exist?
    yes, i believe so.
  • Options
    University Square Mall?

93.3 The Power Pig?

I haven't lived in Tampa in 16 years, but I did go to elementary school there... Go Lake Magdalene Manatees!
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    University Square Mall?

93.3 The Power Pig?

I haven't lived in Tampa in 16 years, but I did go to elementary school there... Go Lake Magdalene Manatees!
    i've only lived here for a year. i feel like i know nothing about this place!
  • Options
    It's what my friends like to call "sud".

But there's more fun stuff to do there now than there was back in 1988.

Ybor City's tranformation is pretty impressive.
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    It's what my friends like to call "sud".

But there's a more fun stuff to do there now than there was back in 1988.

Ybor City's tranformation is pretty impressive.
    it is quite amazing. it's reputation is getting better than what it once was only a few years ago.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    ok, quick thought, maybe you can get some facts together like you are writing a piece for a travel magazine and make it sound really enticing.

If you hate it so much then tricking yourself would be the only way, I am afraid.

let me know how it goes.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Go for a surf!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I lived the first 16 years of my life in Tampa, it fucking sucks.
  • Options
    thanks for all of the advice. i have done all that i can do for this piece, and i hope that it's a success. i went w/ the "enticing" bit, i figure the more appealing i make this place sound, the better chance i have of convincing someone to transfer here so i can move out!
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    if u wana get over writer's block, drink some wine. it'll loose your goose and help you steer clear of death by self-editing.

works for me.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    iamsampj wrote:
    thanks for all of the advice. i have done all that i can do for this piece, and i hope that it's a success. i went w/ the "enticing" bit, i figure the more appealing i make this place sound, the better chance i have of convincing someone to transfer here so i can move out!

I am glad you found these posts we wrote helpful; I love that we are all friends here and help each other.............

but I must say as well, that I so wish I could have a job that allowed me to write. l love writing but I am sure as well that when yo are given a topic, it has to be hard to come up with things on a regular basis.

my hat is off to you............(I do not wear hats so theoretically speaking......)

how did it go??
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    I am glad you found these posts we wrote helpful; I love that we are all friends here and help each other.............

but I must say as well, that I so wish I could have a job that allowed me to write. l love writing but I am sure as well that when yo are given a topic, it has to be hard to come up with things on a regular basis.

my hat is off to you............(I do not wear hats so theoretically speaking......)

how did it go??
    i think it actually went really well!! i spent another 3 hours working on it once i got into work today. i don't normally write a lot, with the exception of a million e-mails. i do a much better job at managing the folding of tshirts! :p i'll have to remember the drinking bit if i ever have to do this again ;) though i let my friend who works in public relations, and writes for a living, read it and she said that she was very impressed. so that made me happy :D