Options

being sick...

iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
is not my idea of a fun weekend ;)

it's my first weekend off in forever...and i somehow got myself sick with strep throat. boo!

so much for fun, drunken debauchery with my friends in orlando this weekend. i guess i can settle for movie weekend on my couch in tampa. colin meloy's solo cd is keeping me company...it's quite lovely.

oh well...things could be much worse! sorry for the quasi-venting.
yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I have strep too. Its a major bummer! Atleast I got into the dr yesterday and got the meds to take care of it...
    the silver lining is I will probably feel well on monday so I can go back to work with my preschoolers that gave me strep in the first place

I tried to soldier through last night and had a glass of wine with a friend who is in from out of town...my god did I pay for it this morning!

You should watch Harold and Maude if you are in for an offbeat comedy.... its a good flic.

I hope you feel better!
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I have strep too. Its a major bummer! Atleast I got into the dr yesterday and got the meds to take care of it...
    the silver lining is I will probably feel well on monday so I can go back to work with my preschoolers that gave me strep in the first place

I tried to soldier through last night and had a glass of wine with a friend who is in from out of town...my god did I pay for it this morning!

You should watch Harold and Maude if you are in for an offbeat comedy.... its a good flic.

I hope you feel better!
    sorry you have it too!!

i just went to the doctor yesterday too. it's amazing how quickly it hit me! i was fine when i went to bed on wednesday, then i woke up a few hours later thursday morning in sooo much pain. i think i just had too much fun at radiohead on tuesday night and this is my payback ;)

i feel a little better now, but i know if i try and go out i'll be in trouble!

hope you feel better too :)
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    sorry you have it too!!

i just went to the doctor yesterday too. it's amazing how quickly it hit me! i was fine when i went to bed on wednesday, then i woke up a few hours later thursday morning in sooo much pain. i think i just had too much fun at radiohead on tuesday night and this is my payback ;)

i feel a little better now, but i know if i try and go out i'll be in trouble!

hope you feel better too :)

How was the show? Radiohead plays in my area tommorow night, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to go.

Damn strep! I'm sure my friends who will be there will be kind enough to call me so I can listen in :)

Strep is really painful... and it does take you down quickly. I am sure you will be on the mend in no time!
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    How was the show? Radiohead plays in my area tommorow night, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to go.

Damn strep! I'm sure my friends who will be there will be kind enough to call me so I can listen in :)

Strep is really painful... and it does take you down quickly. I am sure you will be on the mend in no time!
    radiohead was ridiculously amazing!! one of the best concerts i've been to this year!

definitely have your friends call you!!

step is painful, but i've dealt with it enough as a kid that it's not so bad.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    radiohead was ridiculously amazing!! one of the best concerts i've been to this year!

definitely have your friends call you!!

step is painful, but i've dealt with it enough as a kid that it's not so bad.

I managed not to get it much as a kid...but now as preschool teacher i seem to get it about 3x a year. its not the worst thing in the world though :)

I may have to drag my sick self out tommorow. I haven't seen radiohead since OK computer.
  • Options
    reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    With strep, I'd still go to Radiohead. I'd have to be close to my deathbed to miss that one.

Get a weekend off and you get sick... If I ever get sick, its on my days off. Seems like your body just breaks down when you know your going to break from your busy routine. At one time, I'd get sick at my stomach on all my days off. I think it was the not moving around.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I had a stomach virus for my last week off. It was quite unenjoyable! Hope your throat is better by now. :(
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I bet you just want it to end don't you. :(

I had one a couple of weeks back. It wasn't pleasant.
    What the fuck is this world?