Options

such a klutz...

iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i tripped going up the stairs this morning at work. both my knees are swollen and i can barely walk :mad: at least i can laugh at the fact that i had to take the elevator all day at work today, unless i had 15 minutes to spare to walk down a flight of stairs . i hope it'll be better in the morning...i really don't want to go to the hospital.

anyone else as bad as me? i don't want to be the only one who feels so ridiculous.
yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i tripped going up the stairs this morning at work. both my knees are swollen and i can barely walk :mad: at least i can laugh at the fact that i had to take the elevator all day at work today, unless i had 15 minutes to spare to walk down a flight of stairs . i hope it'll be better in the morning...i really don't want to go to the hospital.

anyone else as bad as me? i don't want to be the only one who feels so ridiculous.
    hell, i do it everyday! a simple task is hard for me. i tripped getting the mail today.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I tend to do everything half arsed. So everytime i am doing a good deed for someone, gennerally something bad happens, Like i will get someone a drink and spill it on the carpet. Or my favourite cooking a bbq for Mum and we have a really nice blind to stop the glare coming on the verandah, and u might of guessed it, I burnt it down :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    iamsampj wrote:

I'm the biggest clutz you will ever meet. Always tripping or spilling water on myself. Walls have a way of running into me too a lot. :mad: I don't even notice it anymore and random bruises just appear! I have a bruise the size of a golf ball on my leg right now and I have no idea how it got there!

Your incident sounds painful. One time after a party my friend and I were walking down cement stairs and I just went "plop" and fell down...I bruised my tail bone and couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks...now THAT was embarrassing :o
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I'm a klutz too...I just keep telling myself its ok because it builds character :D

my right knee has been taking a beating lately I've wiped out in the ice and smashed and/or twisted it twice and I ran into a trailer hitch today at work...I also tried to Pete Townsend my guitar and tore my thumbnail off....:(

BUT

We will all be fine, us clumsy people need to stick together...and try not to accidentally kill each other while doing so
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    hooray...i glad i'm not the only one :D

it was just a awful start to possibly the most important day of work...inventory! and me being in charge of everything and having to hobble between 2 floors was madness. i blame it all on the fact that i hadn't yet had coffee...'cause starbucks isn't open at 4am!

i can't wait for the bruises...that should be interesting.
  • Options
    aw this thread is cute.

:( but I dont like the getting hurt part.

we all have our moments. :p
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    aw this thread is cute.

:( but I dont like the getting hurt part.

we all have our moments. :p

heehee are you a clutz too?
  • Options
    heehee are you a clutz too?
    well, actually I felt like I belonged when I read this thread. But then I asked my guy if I was, and he said no you have great coordination and that I can throw a football like a guy....so now....I just dont know where I belong. I am a mix between a clumsy and somewhat elegant. I might just be klutzo-coordinated.

*Spills water all herself*

but only in the most artistic way. :rolleyes:
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    to answer your question, yes. :o

but I am not ashamed of it.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    I am SO clumsy. The other day I had to stand on the bus and I wasn't paying attention and it lurched ahead and I almost knocked two other ladies over :eek:

Jen, I cracked my tail bone this summer. Way to impress a guy, hey? :o
  • Options
    to answer your question, yes. :o

but I am not ashamed of it.

haha...that's okay, I'm proud to admit I'm a dork, so there you go. :p
  • Options
    I am SO clumsy. The other day I had to stand on the bus and I wasn't paying attention and it lurched ahead and I almost knocked two other ladies over :eek:

hehe, sounds like something I would do.

SEXY :p Did you have to sit on one of those inflatable donuts? Luckily I didn't. Got made fun of for ages though :p
  • Options
    I am ridiculously klutzy!

I actually really want to apply to work at Crate and Barrel, but I'm afraid that I'll break stuff. :o:D
  • Options
    hehe, sounds like something I would do.

SEXY :p Did you have to sit on one of those inflatable donuts? Luckily I didn't. Got made fun of for ages though : p

So sexy :p Especially when he heard my ass hit the stairs :o Glad he is my friend :)... if only we had been more :( but anyway I digress as per usual.

No, no donut but man do people ever make fun of you!!! I mean injure anywhere else and nobody laughs???
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I'm the biggest clutz you will ever meet. Always tripping or spilling water on myself. Walls have a way of running into me too a lot. :mad: I don't even notice it anymore and random bruises just appear! I have a bruise the size of a golf ball on my leg right now and I have no idea how it got there!

Your incident sounds painful. One time after a party my friend and I were walking down cement stairs and I just went "plop" and fell down...I bruised my tail bone and couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks...now THAT was embarrassing :o
    clutz eh? that sounds Germanian....

haha you went "plop" i laughed when i read that... nice imagery...

and the bruise on your leg well.... jen... the mind boggles :p

i have clumsy moments... but usually its the people around me that are clumsy... like walking thru the train station n on the street...
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    clutz eh? that sounds Germanian....

haha you went "plop" i laughed when i read that... nice imagery...

and the bruise on your leg well.... jen... the mind boggles :p

i have clumsy moments... but usually its the people around me that are clumsy... like walking thru the train station n on the street...

Yeah, you would've laughed for sure if you saw me go "plop." Even my coworkers teased me for days because of the way I walked.

haha the bruise...well, yeah, like I said, sometimes big bruises just appear on me.

"like walking thru the train station n on the street"

Hmmm...really don't know what that means.
  • Options
    This is how you do it. :)
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options

haha i'm always the guy to catch people.... damn you! :p

and beck.. the guy would be impressed if you cracked it performing some really spectacular sexual thing right? :p
  • Options
    Yeah, you would've laughed for sure if you saw me go "plop." Even my coworkers teased me for days because of the way I walked.

haha the bruise...well, yeah, like I said, sometimes big bruises just appear on me.

"like walking thru the train station n on the street"

Hmmm...really don't know what that means.
    the people there are clumsy and get in my way and i had to join a group in facebook called "i secretly want to punch slow walking people in the back of the head" haha

"plop" :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    the people there are clumsy and get in my way and i had to join a group in facebook called "i secretly want to punch slow walking people in the back of the head" haha

"plop" :p

okay...I hate slow walkers too. But what is a station n train?

(maybe it was you who pushed me down the stairs too) :p
  • Options
    okay...I hate slow walkers too. But what is a station n train?

(maybe it was you who pushed me down the stairs too) :p
    you arent serious.... the train station... dont you have them in california? :p

or are you saying you're a bonefide gas guzzling yank? :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    you arent serious.... the train station... dont you have them in california? :p

or are you saying you're a bonefide gas guzzling yank? :p

but you said train station N in the street...I just didn't know what that term meant (since you Aussies use such strange phrases sometimes).

That's the one thing I don't like about California is you have to drive most places. But when I lived in Seattle I didn't own a car and walked everywhere (in the rain) or bussed it.

I never really rode the trains until I lived in Europe...they aren't as widely used here and aren't nearly as nice as say the ICE train.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I am ridiculously klutzy!

I actually really want to apply to work at Crate and Barrel, but I'm afraid that I'll break stuff. :o:D

go for it!
    i worked there part time for 2 years while i was teaching. EVERYone broke stuff, they expect it. the BEST was when the store manager knocked into a HUGE display of glassware, knocked it over, and almost all broke. :p

i AM a bit of a klutz. i have my moments of grace and elegance ;)....but sure, tend to knock things over. my husband always made fun of the fact that almost all my retail gis were in houseware stores such as crate, b/c he considers me a cyclone. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ur talking to ny pj1 king of all klutzes lol costanza
  • Options
    I never really rode the trains until I lived in Europe...they aren't as widely used here and aren't nearly as nice as say the ICE train.
    Growing problem in Australia.... Ice and trains.. the drivers are scared to drive at night! :eek:
  • Options
    i'm quite excited to be able to walk today :D no hospital for me...just some amazingly sweet bruises forming on my knees! i'm hoping for a no injury weekend!!
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Haha, just earlier today a girl was hugging me and decided to start tickling me also. And of course knowing my luck, my twitching caused my shoulder to go rather forcefully into her chin. I felt like a jackass.... what a buzzkill. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Haha, just earlier today a girl was hugging me and decided to start tickling me also. And of course knowing my luck, my twitching caused my shoulder to go rather forcefully into her chin. I felt like a jackass.... what a buzzkill. :D
    ouch...at least you didn't knock her teeth out or something crazy. i'm sure she won't hold it against you too much ;) i've learned not to tickle people, though it's the first thing i want to do once i find out that they're ticklish :)
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    haha i'm always the guy to catch people.... damn you! :p

and beck.. the guy would be impressed if you cracked it performing some really spectacular sexual thing right? :p

Well yeah but I guess I should rephrase that.. I am not always clumsy :p