Options

I Love My Job!!

iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
does anyone else?! am i crazy?!

i love working in an environment where i can be creative in my business decisions, work with amazing people, listen to the best music ever...and change it up to whatever mood i'm in that day, wear whatever the hell i feel like, become involved in the local artist/music community...i love it!

it's still a corporation, but one that i'm proud to work for :D

i'm cheesy and was looking at our 2007 annual report...one of the coolest things i've ever seen...and it confirms the fact that i can't see myself working for any other company! pretty fancy if anyone wants to take a look:
http://www.urbanoutfittersinc.com

i'm a dork...and i love it!!
yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    iamsampj wrote:
    does anyone else?! am i crazy?!

i love working in an environment where i can be creative in my business decisions, work with amazing people, listen to the best music ever...and change it up to whatever mood i'm in that day, wear whatever the hell i feel like, become involved in the local artist/music community...i love it!

it's still a corporation, but one that i'm proud to work for :D

i'm cheesy and was looking at our 2007 annual report...one of the coolest things i've ever seen...and it confirms the fact that i can't see myself working for any other company! pretty fancy if anyone wants to take a look:
    http://www.urbanoutfittersinc.com

i'm a dork...and i love it!!

it seems to me like you're the only one here!
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    wasnt there a thread about this not too long ago? and i think there were more than two that like their jobs:)
  • Options
    I feel similar about my job. Yeah I have apathetic days but in general, it feels like it was written for me. Last week I went to a buffet meal for artists and creative types in the area held at a local gallery, advertising a new directory in London that will link individuals, arts organisations and projects together. I was in my element.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    My job is decent. I only have to work 6 months and get paid for a full year. Plus I can post here as much as I want if I'm not busy.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    My job is decent. I only have to work 6 months and get paid for a full year. Plus I can post here as much as I want if I'm not busy.

i

h

a

t

e

y

o

u

nah, i'm just jealous, tell me what job is it?
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    I got my first job outta college (graduated in may) in August, and I too like it. I wouldn't say I love the work all the time, but the people are great, and it's a great stepping stone for the career I want to be in. So yeah, you're not alone- we're blessed!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    i

nah, i'm just jealous, tell me what job is it?

I do help desk work. Help people with software and hardware that our company uses.

I do have to work 84 hours a week though. I'm used to it. Only 2 more night of work and I'll be off for another week :p
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I do help desk work. Help people with software and hardware that our company uses.

I do have to work 84 hours a week though. I'm used to it. Only 2 more night of work and I'll be off for another week :p

Holy shit, 84 hours a week?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Holy shit, 84 hours a week?

6:00pm to 6:30 am Wednesday to Wednesday. Then I get that next Wed to Wed off :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    6:00pm to 6:30 am Wednesday to Wednesday. Then I get that next Wed to Wed off :D

Sounds alright :D

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Wouldnt change my job for anything.M-F 7-4 NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS Fam owned Food service company, and aside from the owner, I run the show. I dig the people I work with and we have fun EVERYDAY! Music, joking around, pratical jokes, indoor snowball fights if the mood hits us! Just a GREAT GREAT place to work. I look forward to coming here everyday!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Wouldnt change my job for anything.M-F 7-4 NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS Fam owned Food service company, and aside from the owner, I run the show. I dig the people I work with and we have fun EVERYDAY! Music, joking around, pratical jokes, indoor snowball fights if the mood hits us! Just a GREAT GREAT place to work. I look forward to coming here everyday!!
    can i have a job??
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Fashion is stupid.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    i HATE my job. it is boring. i'm not challenged. 99% of the people i work with suck. they're rude and condescending. my groups is supposed to be a complimentary piece to another group (on the same level), except the other group thinks of us as their little bitches as if we're supposed to jump when they say so. the higher-ups that interviewed me said they were hiring from the outside so a fresh point of view would be added to department so changes for the better could be made, but that has not happened AT ALL.

i've been here for 2 hours and 15 mins so far today and i literally have not done one single work related thing. what sucks though, is that my job pays well and i really can't (or don't want to) go to a new job and take a pay cut.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    xscorcho wrote:
    can i have a job??

HAHAHA.....Where are you from, we actually are hiring right now. ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    HAHAHA.....Where are you from, we actually are hiring right now. ;)
    heh im committed to switzerland until at least july...... what exactly do you do?
    ive actually never had a job i havent liked... im not too picky as long as i can pay the bills :D