Orangutan as a prostitute

BrotherLoveBoneBrotherLoveBone Posts: 264
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
If news like this still shocks but doesn't surprise does it mean i've lost all hope for mankind or WTF?

STUFF LIKE THAT - PART 1
Conclusive Proof - That There Is No God and Humans Are Essentially Evil
Meet Pony. She is an orangutan from a small village in Borneo, where they cut down the rain forest to render the palm oil that gets sold abroad and made into lip salve, ice cream, chocolates, and cheese crackers.

Vice: So tell us about Pony.

Michelle Desilets [Director of the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation]: Pony is an orangutan from a prostitute village in Borneo. We found her chained to a wall, lying on a mattress. She had been shaved all over her body.

I want to cry.

If a man walked near her, she would turn herself around, present herself, and start gyrating and going through the motions. She was being used as a sex slave. She was probably about six or seven years old when we rescued her, but she had been held captive by a madam for a long time. The madam refused to give up the animal because everyone loved Pony and she was a big part of their income. They also thought Pony was lucky, as she would pick winning lottery numbers.

Did the clients realize that they were in fact getting an orangutan?

Oh yeah, they would come in especially for it. You could choose a human if you preferred, but it was a novelty for many of the men to have sex with an orangutan. They shaved her every other day, which meant that her skin had all these pimples and was very irritated. The mosquitoes would get to her very badly and the bites would become septic and be very infected, as she would scratch them constantly. They would put rings and necklaces on her. She was absolutely hideous to look at.

How did you get her away from there?

It took us over a year to rescue her, because every time we went in with forest police and local officers we would be overpowered by the villagers, who simply would not give her up. They would threaten us with guns and knives with poison on them. In the end it took 35 policemen armed with AK-47s and other weaponry going in there and demanding that they hand over Pony. It was filmed by a local television crew and in the background of the film when we are unchaining Pony you can hear the madam crying hysterically, screaming, “They are taking my baby, you can’t do this!” There is no law enforcement in Indonesia so these people didn’t face any sentence or anything for what they had done.

INTERVIEWED BY JACK ADAMS
http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n10/htdocs/yo1.php?country=us

http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2007/11/if_turning_an_o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    This is so disgusting I want to forget about it. Also, like the 2nd article mentioned, there are probably children and women stuck in the same environment in this "prostitute village." It is stories like these that make me think I could be happily violent if I ever came into contact with those "in charge" of such a thing.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Oh...........my...........God.
    What the fuck is the matter with people? OMG?
    I'm fucking shocked.
    I'm at a loss for words.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I read about this yesterday, words absolutely fail me. I know we all have different cultures etc, but seriously that is beyond fucked up.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Some scientists argue that the Orang is our closest relative....sad, really sad indeed that such goes on around the world.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    .....................!!!!!?????
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Humans as ornaments
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    oh man that was sobering.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    speechless..........................
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    DAMN!!!

there are some sick fuckers in this world....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    What a sad sad world
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    so disturbing.
    :(
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • How bout lipstick, mascara, and a little splash of Chanel?

Better be good or you get your arms and legs ripped off...

whoa...some pretty horny people in Indonesia...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • oh my god.

I keep thinking in my head...nuh uh.

so, um that is the end of my monkey-sex jokes.

woah...no. just no.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    So do you think charlie sheen had the orangutang on his 5000 list?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    that story sux monkey balls.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    This may be the most disturbing thing I have ever read.