Options

Anybody know anything about Seattle neighborhoods?

RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
A friend of mine is moving there and is thinking about buying something in the Fremont area (maybe also called Lake Union area). He says its not far from a Irish bar called the Dubliner.

He was curious about the neighborhood and the direction of property value in the area? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RITFWinCO wrote:
    A friend of mine is moving there and is thinking about buying something in the Fremont area (maybe also called Lake Union area). He says its not far from a Irish bar called the Dubliner.

He was curious about the neighborhood and the direction of property value in the area? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes that is Fremont. Fremont is an excellent, fun, hip area of town. Lots of great shops, food, etc. PJ's studio is also there.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    If he's thinking of Fremont, he should also checkout Wallingford, Ballard and the Green Lake area.

All great areas!
  • Options
    Fremont is personally my favorite area of Seattle.....Quick access to downtown, good bar/music scene, near the water.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    Ed lives in the Space Needle if your friend is interested.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    I like to shop for old 45's at the Fremont antique mall
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    Much appreciated
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    One of the best areas of town; a little yuppie and trendy now though.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Yeah....Fremont used to be fun, but it's become a bit yuppie for my tastes. Generally any property in Seattle is a good investment, just because it's a condo-driven real estate market. Though I have yet to see a decently priced property. We're like San Francisco's cousin. One thing to look out for.... Seattleites aren't really known for our friendliness. In general, people are not out-right rude, but very snobby. I guess it just depends on where you moved from.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    fremont is the center of the universe.

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/e712e7f5-0a55-4cc0-a40c-88deedce8d72.jpg

home of naked cycling...during the annual summer solstice parade.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Yes that is Fremont. Fremont is an excellent, fun, hip area of town. Lots of great shops, food, etc. PJ's studio is also there.

I walked along Fremont, heard nothing new playing! are these guys lazy or what?! ;)
  • Options
    Fremont is convenient, has a terrific cafe, the Lighthouse, and if you're on the ridge, you can have great views. It's near the ship canal and some folks have houseboats, etc. Also there are places in Fremont without sidewalks but are very walkable. There is a very active streetlife in Fremont and a great PCC grocery coop. There are trees. [sennin is right--look at other neighborhoods.] But there is more music in Ballard than Fremont these days, despite the mayor's complaints about "noise." And there is more art studio space in Ballard. The tradeoff with Ballard is that it takes forever to get anywhere and there aren't as many trees. My son used to walk to Fremont from our North Beach house to his (ex) girlfriends'. More bicycles and pedestrians appear these days. Hope your friend enjoys Seattle as much as we do.
    odaraia
    see my art at: http://www.planetart.us/
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Yes that is Fremont. PJ's studio is also there.
    I could have sworn to god that the studio was in a warehouse near the stadium district, somewhere around Georgetown or something.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    no one is directing this person to Capitol Hill??

I wonder why.................
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    rrivers wrote:
    Ed lives in the Space Needle if your friend is interested.

Not anymore. I heard he moved down by Stacey Yard.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    no one is directing this person to Capitol Hill??

I wonder why.................

because capitol hill sucks.

stone's studio is in fremont. not studio x.

i like west seattle best. not crowded but very easy to get in and out of downtown.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    don't go...i hear it rains all the time...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    brainofPJ wrote:
    don't go...i hear it rains all the time...

*whispers* we're only supposed to tell that to Californians! ;)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    RITFWinCO wrote:

I lived in the heart of Fremont for 10 years; right across the street from the Still Life Cafe. The Dubliner is in the heart, too.

I haven't been there in 4 years, but when I left a new apartment complex was completed, and because of it the roads were more congested. It's a nice place. A lot of Thai restaurants, and cafes that come and go. Cafes open at 5:30, and the PCC closes at midnight so there's quite a lot of life going on in between. If your friend could afford a house there, I would recommend it. It's probably a neighborhood that a lot of people want to move in, so the property values would be high. Good food, nice little shops.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird