Who needs a vacation?

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I certainly do.

Haven't had one since August. I just cannot focus and feel terribly bored and unchallenged at work lately.

I wish I could go away but it may not happen until April. Or maybe a long weekend in February.

All I know is I need a vacation - BAD!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I certainly do.

Haven't had one since August. I just cannot focus and feel terribly bored and unchallenged at work lately.

I wish I could go away but it may not happen until April. Or maybe a long weekend in February.

Raises both hands! I haven't went away since Thanksgiving '06. I'll be going somewhere either in February or March. Not sure where, but I just have to!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I can't wait. I may go for a long weekend next month. :D
  • mememememememememe :)

Oh wait... what's the difference between 'needs' and 'wants' again? :o

Either way I definitely WANT one :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    One centred around PJ...yes please!

Regular one...not really intereted.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    There was potential that my sister and I were going to head to Belize for a week, leaving this Thursday...

However, it turns out my manager is off Thurs/Fri, and my other co-worker is off all next week... so it's not looking like i'm going anywhere.... :(

Montreal in April is too far away!!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I certainly do.

August was only a few months ago!

I've really only been on 3 vacations in the last 10 years. The last one was a cruise a little over a year ago.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • So would this be the wrong time to show off a photo of the villa I'll be staying at in July? :cool:

suau1.jpg (Mallorca)
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    know1 wrote:
    August was only a few months ago!

I've really only been on 3 vacations in the last 10 years. The last one was a cruise a little over a year ago.

5 months - almost half a year - that's a long time to me. and it was FAR from relaxing!
    So would this be the wrong time to show off a photo of the villa I'll be staying at in July? :cool:

suau1.jpg (Mallorca)

you must be counting down the days :D perfect time to show it off!
  • So would this be the wrong time to show off a photo of the villa I'll be staying at in July? :cool:

suau1.jpg (Mallorca)
    Nice :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    So would this be the wrong time to show off a photo of the villa I'll be staying at in July? :cool:

suau1.jpg (Mallorca)
    PJ party in Mallorca anyone? I know someone with a GREAT villa...:p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

suau1.jpg (Mallorca)

show off!!!

and why havent i been invited yet :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • madjackmadjack Posts: 213
    I need a vacation real bad, I hadn't took one in years. I plan on going on a cruise in April.
    Come on and play on the edge of life with me. Its fun and I love every minute of it!!!
  • Wouldn't it be great if you owned something like that? I don't think my inlaws would be too happy if I invited my rockin' rock friends along, unfortunetely. :D

Damn hippies! Get a job! ;)
    Damn hippies! Get a job! ;)
    :eek: NO! :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• There was potential that my sister and I were going to head to Belize for a week, leaving this Thursday...

However, it turns out my manager is off Thurs/Fri, and my other co-worker is off all next week... so it's not looking like i'm going anywhere.... :(

Montreal in April is too far away!!

Are you moving in Montréal ?
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    McCready00 wrote:
    Are you moving in Montréal ?

nope, just planning a weekend trip... but it's the closest thing to a vacation that I have scheduled.... :o
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • I need something. I don't know if it's a vacation or what but my life is BORING right now.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i haven't gone away since pj in europe last june.....and since then had about 2 weeks off before i started the new job july 30th and whatever holiday time off. i did take 2 floating holidays to make christmas into a 6 day weekend, but no official vacation. i AM however taking a week in february. not going anywhere, but staying home with hubby working on some home improvement projects, and some fun stuff ;).....and that works fine for me. :D we may go away in october or november....but also await news in pjland too. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I do!! I'm off for 2 weeks starting today, but the husband has to work, so I am vacationing in Chicago ;)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    I do!! I'm off for 2 weeks starting today, but the husband has to work, so I am vacationing in Chicago ;)

at home vacations can be fabulous!
    while i LOVE travel, being at home and just relaxing, doing fun things around town, catching up on personal projects....whatever....can be just as rejuvenating and inspiring.

enjoy!
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    at home vacations can be fabulous!
    while i LOVE travel, being at home and just relaxing, doing fun things around town, catching up on personal projects....whatever....can be just as rejuvenating and inspiring.

enjoy!
    :)

tell me about it.. there is nothing more I love then sleeping. just being able to sleep in is a TOTAL vacation for me
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    I need a vacation! A long weekend snowboarding at Whistler next month is a close as I am going to get until I take a month off in the summer to swim in the lakes.

I think maybe being a bum is better than working.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    tish wrote:

I think maybe being a bum is better than working.
    It would be if you were a rich bum. Then you could go to Whistler and still not have a job.
    c'mon lotto 6/49!!!
  • ....but also await news in pjland too. :p

yeah after that email we got from the 10c yesterday my plans for the year are up in the air...
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I need a vacation... I went nowhere last year and the weather has been shitty all year long...
    I'm going somewhere in March. To see a bit of sun and have some rest.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    yeah after that email we got from the 10c yesterday my plans for the year are up in the air...

very true, I need to leave time aside for that!
    tell me about it.. there is nothing more I love then sleeping. just being able to sleep in is a TOTAL vacation for me
    Agreed. I'm in full time education, and the Christmas break this year was the first holiday (Xmas/easter/summer) that I haven't been working for 5 years.

I forgot how much I love to sleep! :eek::D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    very true, I need to leave time aside for that!
    what email???

I also need a vacation very badly.
    Havent had one since last christmas
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I need one very badly. I live in Wisconsin and hate the cold, I havent been anywhere for like 5 years and have no vacation in sight thanks to finishing college and having to pay the loans and all my other bills, not to mention trying to save up to get engaged with my girlfriend, and to get a new car. I dont think I will ever get a vacation again, makes me really pissed off to think about.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson