New football head coach at Nebraska

kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Callahan is out, who will come in??

All I have to say is I'm glad for the change. It's been a very rough year!

Go Big Red!
"Seek my part, devote myself.
My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
-Pam Beesly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• From what I've heard, its gonna be Turner Gill

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    kc_pj wrote:

Go Big Red!

I went to the game yesterday and the first half was fun, but that second half was far from it. I think we all kinda knew that Calahan was going to be fired and it makes me happy. I can't wait to find out who they are going to bring in. Bo Pelini would be pretty awesome! The other rumor I have heard is Turner Gill which doesn't excite me at all, but I guess we will see what happens.

Go Big Red
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    I went to the game yesterday and the first half was fun, but that second half was far from it. I think we all kinda knew that Calahan was going to be fired and it makes me happy. I can't wait to find out who they are going to bring in. Bo Pelini would be pretty awesome! The other rumor I have heard is Turner Gill which doesn't excite me at all, but I guess we will see what happens.

Go Big Red

Yeah, I can see Pelini as a great head coach, Gill not so sure about for head coach but he is a great motivator.
    Did you see the press conference with Osborne this morning? All I have to say is he's a class act, being honest about the situation and everything. He said he's got 5 guys in mind for the job...

-Pam Beesly
    kc_pj wrote:
    Yeah, I can see Pelini as a great head coach, Gill not so sure about for head coach but he is a great motivator.
    Did you see the press conference with Osborne this morning? All I have to say is he's a class act, being honest about the situation and everything. He said he's got 5 guys in mind for the job...

Yea I saw that he said that he would be talking to 5 guys. I would sure like to know who they all are. And yes he handled the situation better than anyone else could have. They cut away when he started talking questions, anything that I missed or did you even see that part?
    Yea I saw that he said that he would be talking to 5 guys. I would sure like to know who they all are. And yes he handled the situation better than anyone else could have. They cut away when he started talking questions, anything that I missed or did you even see that part?

I saw the Q&A, basically he was asked about how much he knew Callahan (not as much as he wished), the process of hiring a new coach (he hasn't talked to anyone about the job, wanted to talk to Callahan first then will start the search), what he is looking for in a new coach (integrity, honesty, knows football; doesn't neccesarily have to have Nebraska ties). One thing he said was how after his first 4 years of coaching (and he knew all the records, the bowl game and opponent, impressive) and won the bowl game that 4th year, a regent told him that it was good he won or else he probably would have been fired.

I think the entire news conference is on most of the TV stations around Omaha (for sure KETV-7), if you want to see the whole thing.

-Pam Beesly
  • kc_pj wrote:

Go Big Red!

Well being a CU fan....they should have kept Callahan, he was awesome!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    kc_pj wrote:
    I saw the Q&A, basically he was asked about how much he knew Callahan (not as much as he wished), the process of hiring a new coach (he hasn't talked to anyone about the job, wanted to talk to Callahan first then will start the search), what he is looking for in a new coach (integrity, honesty, knows football; doesn't neccesarily have to have Nebraska ties). One thing he said was how after his first 4 years of coaching (and he knew all the records, the bowl game and opponent, impressive) and won the bowl game that 4th year, a regent told him that it was good he won or else he probably would have been fired.

I think the entire news conference is on most of the TV stations around Omaha (for sure KETV-7), if you want to see the whole thing.

The latest rumor I have heard is that Osborne flew down to Louisiana to talk to Bo and that Bo's wife has been looking for real estate in Nebraska. I heard he is also flying over to talk to Turner Gill.
    Someone else was telling me that they heard a quote from Bo Pelini and he said that if he came to Nebraska he would "run the spread out offense like Florida... but better".
  • Please, please, please be Bo Pelini.
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    ... Bo's wife has been looking for real estate in Nebraska.

Shouldn't be too hard to find.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    sounds like we should know very soon who is going to have the position, maybe by the end of this week!
  • It's official... Bo Knows Husker Football!

Blackshirt fans rejoice!!!
    Bo Big Red!
    Bo Big Red!

I've seen t-shirts with that on them!

At least we know the defense will be good next year....

-Pam Beesly
    kc_pj wrote:
    I've seen t-shirts with that on them!

At least we know the defense will be good next year....

any defense is better then what we had this year, and I might have to find one of those shirts!
    any defense is better then what we had this year, and I might have to find one of those shirts!

I saw them here in Omaha at Lawlor's; in KC I'd look at Oak Park at the sporting good stores on the upper level next to one of the anchors, think it's called Sports Fan...

-Pam Beesly