Being friends with a guy...

kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
A friend of mine wants to just be friends (always have since met last year), but he does like to talk a bit dirty and even be a little physicial... so fellas, why do you do this? Do you want more or something else?
"Seek my part, devote myself.
My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
-Pam Beesly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    He's at least just flirting. He may be more interested in you than that, but he could just be having fun. If you flirt back and what he does seems to escalate then he is most definitely interested in more. Otherwise it's just harmless, albeit it could be quite annoying/aggravating for you.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    kc_pj wrote:
    A friend of mine wants to just be friends (always have since met last year), but he does like to talk a bit dirty and even be a little physicial... so fellas, why do you do this? Do you want more or something else?

your probably very cool, but he does like you alot.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• kc_pj wrote:

I'm just the same and I'm a girl. A lot of the time I'm being friendly and over silly. Maybe he is being the same???
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    It is quite frusturating!! Men confuse me to no end...

-Pam Beesly
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    kc_pj wrote:
    We can say the same for you WOMEN! ;)

...but yeah, I do flirt with girls I'm not even interested in. But then those I am interested with don't give good feedback, makes me sad sometimes. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • We're horny bastards, what can I say? :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    We want what we can't have.
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284

So you want to be friends, even if the gal would be interested in maybe something more?

-Pam Beesly
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    When you say you're just friends, do you mean he's tried it on and you said no? or that you've been friends from the beginning but you're starting to like him?

If it's the first then he's probably just seeing how far he can push it. If a guy stays friends when he wants more then it's probably taken as a challenge of sorts to win the girl over.

If it's the second, then flirt with him like Hushbull said. If he suddenly starts backing away or stops with the flirting then he's probably not interested.

Guys are weird. I guess from a girl's point of view it's hard to differentiate between friendly flirting and interested flirting.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    kc_pj wrote:

Dont worry love its circular.;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    guys are confusing to no end - people are confusing to no end

flirting is fun, it makes you happy, it gives you a laugh - but if you flirt with someone, does that mean you have chemistry?? you dont flirt with all your friends, do you?? so does that mean that friendship is a little bit different, or has the potential to be more?? or does it mean that each of you is trying to make the other make the move so you dont end up looking stupid for reading it wrong??

so, begs another question - if you do have a great friend boy/girl, and you both reguarly flirt your arses off with each other - and you cross that line - is it possible to be 'just friends' who happen to jump in the sack together every now & then (so long as you both know that all your doing) - or is it a guaranteed friendship killer??
    impatience is a gift ........
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    He may mean it that he just wants to be friends but he likes to flirt. Maybe he figures he doesn't want to jeopardize the friendship. You are probably better off. I wish I had stayed friends with a person, I wound up ruining it with a relationship.:(
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    kc_pj wrote:

ugh, he probably fancies you. that's exactly what was happening with me and my male friend, but now that i have a boyfriend. my male friend told me to back off, and then started going around telling rumors that i don't have time for him anymore, when he was the one to push me away. eh what an idiot he is! i'd hate to admit this but maybe soulsinging was right about about men and women not being able to be friends because there would always be that sexual factor. eh, i just don't fucking know anymore. one thing i know for sure is that i will keep all the men i meet in future at a distance, unless that man is my boyfriend. i fucking fed up with their shit.

so my point is that this guy later on will try to:

either fuck you

or be your boyfriend

and if you refuse and say you want to stay friends:

then he will loose interest in you and will walk away

or will say yes and will still try to get into your pants, and when you get a boyfriend, he will get upset and wouldn't want to see you anymore.

but i can't say all men a like that, so to be politically correct i will say that i'm talking about majority of men here ;)
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    I am still very close friends with an ex-g/f from many, many years ago.

She and I talk about sex all the time. Is that what you mean by talking dirty?

We sometimes reminisce about how we used to get each other off. I'll say, "Gawd I used to love it when you did this..." She'll go, "...and I liked it when you did that.."

Just the other night I gave her a long speech about jerking off. She actually sat there and listened to it.

On the same token, we talk extensively about her friendships, family problems, current b/f problems...etc.

Yes, opposite sex friendships of that nature are possible.
    sponger wrote:
    I am still very close friends with an ex-g/f from many, many years ago.

She and I talk about sex all the time. Is that what you mean by talking dirty?

We sometimes reminisce about how we used to get each other off. I'll say, "Gawd I used to love it when you did this..." She'll go, "...and I liked it when you did that.."

Just the other night I gave her a long speech about jerking off. She actually sat there and listened to it.

On the same token, we talk extensively about her friendships, family problems, current b/f problems...etc.

Yes, opposite sex friendships of that nature are possible.

sorry to be mean, but the only reason you can be friends with your ex is cause:

you don't want to get back together because there was a good reason for a break up, and yet you don't want to completely let go of her, because you've shared some of your life with her and she is part of your past life. therefore you both keep in touch.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    ALWAYS!!! :o
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Friends don't flirt with each other.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    Friends don't flirt with each other.

wise words
    genie wrote:
    sorry to be mean, but the only reason you can be friends with your ex is cause:

you don't want to get back together because there was a good reason for a break up, and yet you don't want to completely let go of her, because you've shared some of your life with her and she is part of your past life. therefore you both keep in touch.

I think we both just make a good team, but neither of us are interested in saying forever.

But, wutevah, what you said sounds good as well.
  • kc_pj wrote:

Understanding women is no easier!!! :)
    According to the world of psychology, women are more complicated than men because they have a much broader range of emotions, and we as people are defined by our emotions.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    him...hammer

you...nail
  • mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    kc_pj wrote:
    Men confuse me to no end...
    We're simple creatures, don't overthink it. :o
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • someone call Dr Phil...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    One of my best friend is a female. I can honestly say that I am never flirty with her and I most def don't physically do anything that would make her think anything other than friend. Might I add that she is a very beautiful girl too.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    kc_pj wrote:

A guy always wants more. A man and woman can be acquaintances in my opinion...but "friends"...no.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    kc_pj wrote:

A guy always wants more. A man and woman can be acquaintances in my opinion...but "friends"...no.

i've got a few gal friends that are just freinds.....

i may or may not have banged half of them at one time or anouther.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    kc_pj wrote:

i've got a few gal friends that are just freinds.....

i may or may not have banged half of them at one time or anouther.

Exactly
  • you guys are gonna do it.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I was single for 7 years from about 27yrs-34 after being in a relationship for 10 yrs. I'm female. I'm married now.

I think it's possible for two heterosexual people of the opposite sex to be friends but not probable. I had a fella and he was gay and after 5 yrs or so that even had some complications. Only a very small % of people can have this, and an even smaller % of their spouses are willing to handle it.

here's my 2c psycobabble: whatever type of support, fun, emotion, whatever you both get from having either other as a "friends" (I'm assuming you have regular meetings?) fills a need in your life and when you both go onto to try and date other people you will not require that same need of the new, potential mate. I tell you this from experience and had I not lived thru it, I would say sure, why not be friends? :P

this is nothing that is done consciously, totally unconscious and the only way you can elimate it, is to stop seeing them on a regular basis.

On the other comment, if my hubby was talking to an ex girlfriend about jerking of and not me, call me old fashioned, but I would have a problem with that. I'm sure he would have the same problem if the role was reversed. :nono:

my husband's 2c: guys always have it in the back of their minds, why would he burn that bridge if you're willing to accept it. :mrgreen:

I think theres an episode of Seinfeld that states it cannot be done. :fp:
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014