Pbr

kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hadn't had this beverage much before I met a very good guy, but man the stuff is pretty good!

Anyone else like this tasty beverage?
"Seek my part, devote myself.
My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
-Pam Beesly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Love the blue ribbon.....but have fun on the shitter the next day.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Nothing like a tall PBR every once in a while. a bar where I grew up has it for $0.75 during happy hour
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • its forgivable to drink this if you are in college....otherwise its sad.
    "It's all happening"
  • If you live in Milwaukee and are a college student you drink it religiously
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • jordn6971 wrote:
    If you live in Milwaukee and are a college student you drink it religiously

What about Milwaukee's Best?
  • This thread makes me cry - and not for nostalgic reasons.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • A bar we used to play at had it for $3 a pitcher and occassionally someone will bring in a twelve pack at rehearsal. I'm not gonna run over a line of baby duckies in a rush to the liquor store to buy it, but I'll drink it.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• The #1 choice for hipsterz
  • Saturnal wrote:
    The #1 choice for hipsterz
    Oh man, you are so right. I can see them chuggin it down in their hip huggers and trucker hats right now.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I remember seeing it on sale for $4.99 / 30-pack when I was in college :D It's better than Beast though...
  • It's so funny how so many people like PBR. heh :D
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i was at this bar a couple of weeks ago in the city that were giving away free PBRs... FREE BEER!
  • drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Oh man, you are so right. I can see them chuggin it down in their hip huggers and trucker hats right now.

hipsters like PBR? really?
    huh...did not know that. its always fun to have a PBR night.
  • blackngold wrote:
    hipsters like PBR? really?
    huh...did not know that. its always fun to have a PBR night.

PBR is the foundation of the hipster community here. If my blood were a beer, it would be PBR. I remember drinking it in Chicago and getting stares from all the Miller High Life drinkers. :)
    NERDS!
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    enjoying one now....
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • PBR is the foundation of the hipster community here. If my blood were a beer, it would be PBR. I remember drinking it in Chicago and getting stares from all the Miller High Life drinkers. :)
    there ya go
  • Saturnal wrote:
    there ya go
    Except I'm not a hipster. I'm just surrounded by them and have adapted to their culture. :)
    NERDS!
  • i get the looks and the comments all the time cause i drink the pbr light.
    its the cheap beer in canada. i would sooner have a pbr than a blue.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Yeah, when I was in college it was def. a hipster beer.

I had some friends who drank it all the time (I would if it was all that was there) and they thought it was great.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Except I'm not a hipster. I'm just surrounded by them and have adapted to their culture. :)
    hooray for hipster culture! if you need any help blending in further...say, with a nice pair of skinny jeans...just let me know. i know someone who gets a wicked discount ;) they may be able to throw in a super v-neck tee and a western button-down...to help authenticate your pbr drinkin'.

i drink it when i'm too poor for a newcastle or yuengling...or when i was working on my "100 beer" list and it was on it. but...it's rather tasty, just not my first choice.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • iamsampj wrote:
    hooray for hipster culture! if you need any help blending in further...say, with a nice pair of skinny jeans...just let me know. i know someone who gets a wicked discount ;) they may be able to throw in a super v-neck tee and a western button-down...to help authenticate your pbr drinkin'.

i drink it when i'm too poor for a newcastle or yuengling...or when i was working on my "100 beer" list and it was on it. but...it's rather tasty, just not my first choice.

Skinny jeans is part of the hipster culture that doesn't fly with me. I need the loose fitting straight cut. None of that low rise boot cut jeans BS for me ;)
    NERDS!
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Skinny jeans is part of the hipster culture that doesn't fly with me. I need the loose fitting straight cut. None of that low rise boot cut jeans BS for me ;)
    but they're sooo awesome...pair it with a shaggy hair cut and you're set to drink your pbr ;)

ya know...i only have one style of straight leg jeans at work. everything else is skinny...and a handful of boot cut.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • iamsampj wrote:
    but they're sooo awesome...pair it with a shaggy hair cut and you're set to drink your pbr ;)

ya know...i only have one style of straight leg jeans at work. everything else is skinny...and a handful of boot cut.

The shaggy hair was just buzzed off last week. Feels soooo much better. I can still buy shirts and other hipster stuff from ya though. :)
    NERDS!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    your body deserves better
  • Except I'm not a hipster. I'm just surrounded by them and have adapted to their culture. :)
    hehe that's what all hipsters say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It is not good beer.

But it is acceptable cheap beer.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PBR is a fantastic cheap beer...mind you i LOVE microbrewed beers.....but i grew up on PBR literally since i was three....as my dad will tell anyone who makes fun of him (come on his friends drink mich ultra) consumer reports did a national blind beer taste test and PBR did better than bud light and some of those other beers i find icky....:) and i didn't drink PBR in college, i thought i was too cool......i do now though and i'm proud:D
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    i get the looks and the comments all the time cause i drink the pbr light.
    its the cheap beer in canada. i would sooner have a pbr than a blue.
    You're fired.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    kc_pj wrote:
    Anyone else like this tasty beverage?
    seriously, this is the very first time I have heard this describe PBR.........

mostly its been, "eh, its free, whatdaya want?"
  • I drank this stuff all the time in college 10+ years ago... I can remember getting made fun of my numerous people 'cause it was "shitty beer". I drank it for two reasons:

-- You could buy a 30-pack for $7.99, split it with a buddy, and get annihilated for less than $6 apiece after deposit.

-- The shit doesn't taste too bad.

I'm about the furthest thing from a hipster there is, so I love to see it being embraced by that crowd. I never knew I was cutting edge... I just thought I was a cheap fuck. :D