PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
next year!!! i cant wait for this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bout time geez! I loved the first one.
  • Options
    X Files seasons 1-6 were masterpieces of television. The rest were good in places. The film was 'OK', but it didn't feel quite right. The second film, I hope, will be better. They've apparently abandoned that alien conspiracy stuff which eventually became silly, in favour of a 'monster of the week' film. So I expect great things.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    X Files seasons 1-6 were masterpieces of television. The rest were good in places. The film was 'OK', but it didn't feel quite right. The second film, I hope, will be better. They've apparently abandoned that alien conspiracy stuff which eventually became silly, in favour of a 'monster of the week' film. So I expect great things.

yeah but i think they are stilling doing something between mulder and scully. and one of them (david, gillian, or chris) mentioned that there might be a series of movies, kinda like bond (i think that was the reference) as long as they are good id pay $10 for an x-files movie every two years.
  • Options
    yeah but i think they are stilling doing something between mulder and scully. and one of them (david, gillian, or chris) mentioned that there might be a series of movies, kinda like bond (i think that was the reference) as long as they are good id pay $10 for an x-files movie every two years.

Oh yeah they're obviously putting mulder and scully in it. Doggett and Reyes aren't interested though (good news!) and neither is the guy who plays Krycek (not so good news, as he was cool).

Man an X Files franchise, if it's any good, could empty my pockets pretty nicely too.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I loved the X-Files and I thought the movie was very good!

They have been talking about a second movies for years now, how is this any different?

Dogget (sp?) and Reyes were terrible. Show went to shit after Mulder left.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Robert Patrick ruined it and all that supersoldier bullshit destroyed it for me but loved especially the 1st 5 or 6 years. Can't wait for this!!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    I can't wait for this; I’m a huge fan of the show, apart from season 8-9 which I choose to believe that never happen.
    I’m glad they are doing a monster of the week episode, as said before the alien conspiracy theory was getting way out of hand.
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    oh man, this is so cool!!

esp. since the final episode was such a cliffhanger. and they owe us for killing off the lone gunmen!! idiots.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yeah, I'm wondering how this is going to work considering the way the series ended.

Should be good though.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I'm wicked pysched. I am an X-Files geek.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I hear the script focuses more on the paranormal aspect of the X-Files series and not so much on the alien conspiracy
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I loved the X-Files and I thought the movie was very good!

They have been talking about a second movies for years now, how is this any different?

Dogget (sp?) and Reyes were terrible. Show went to shit after Mulder left.

carter has had issues with fox thats why its been years. pretty much everyone thats in the movies have been waiting for things to clear up between carter and fox and now that it has the movie is happening. it was never really a question of if but when. the movie could have been done by 2005 i read somewhere and i think i also read the script has been done for along time now. i guess fox realized they could not pay carter what he want for the series and not get the movie or they could and get a movie which will probably make more than the dvd or rerun money (or whatever the crap was about) thats my guess at least.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Zoso wrote:
    Robert Patrick ruined it and all that supersoldier bullshit destroyed it for me but loved especially the 1st 5 or 6 years. Can't wait for this!!

I thought the show really started to slide when they moved the filming to LA in season 6. The writing wasn't as good and the feel of the show seemed to change also something about those dark dreary rainy Vancouver days gave the show a more spooky feel to it!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I thought the show really started to slide when they moved the filming to LA in season 6. The writing wasn't as good and the feel of the show seemed to change also something about those dark dreary rainy Vancouver days gave the show a more spooky feel to it!

AGREED.
  • Options
    I'd say about season 5 or 6 I stopped watching it.

But I'm hyped for the new movie.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:

Yes, correct. Apparently they're filming the new one in Vancouver.

I hope it's really creepy. They need another classic monster.. like Tooms. *shudder*

• Options
    well.......

http://www.tv.com/story/10565.html

go figure its hollywood

Xzibit?!? Who could possibly think this is a good idea?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    Xzibit?!? Who could possibly think this is a good idea?

I'm not sure.. that was my first reaction. But then I remembered how COOL D.P.O was, with the two arcade gaming kids, one of them was in Friends. 'That's my game. I was playing that. I went away, but now I'm back.' LOL He could play a character like that.. someone 'cool' and MTV but with a funny side. Think about it.. looking at the stuff he does now I would've said 'Don't put Jack Black in an X File', but he was good as well.

• Options
    Tooms was fantastic for sure. My favorite is the over the top weird one, "Jose Chungs, From Outer Space". That episode was fantastic.

I also loved

Season one: Eve, EBE

Season Two: Die Hand Der Verletz

Season Three: Paperclip, 731

To name a few
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    Tooms was fantastic for sure. My favorite is the over the top weird one, "Jose Chungs, From Outer Space". That episode was fantastic.

I also loved

Season one: Eve, EBE

Season Two: Die Hand Der Verletz

Season Three: Paperclip, 731

To name a few

Nod nod

I loved too many to name, but the comedies were hilarious.. Jose Chung's included.. I watched Syzygy the other night and laughed my arse off. Mulder telling the female cop, 'I need your help to solve the mystery of the horny beast' was priceless.

• Options
    Nod nod

I loved too many to name, but the comedies were hilarious.. Jose Chung's included.. I watched Syzygy the other night and laughed my arse off. Mulder telling the female cop, 'I need your help to solve the mystery of the horny beast' was priceless.

Now I'm going to have to pull out the first three dvd set's and starting watching these from the beginning again!

• Options
    Now I'm going to have to pull out the first three dvd set's and starting watching these from the beginning again!

I just remembered Mulder's squeal in Jose Chung's LOL

• Options
    I just remembered Mulder's squeal in Jose Chung's LOL

haha i think im so gonna watching that episode now.wasnt the alex in that one too?
  • Options
    haha i think im so gonna watching that episode now.wasnt the alex in that one too?

Yeah I believe so.

• Options
    as far as funny episodes go, nothing quite beats "small potatoes"!

that was the one with the shape-shifting guy with a tail, who made himself look like mulder and tried to seduce skully. hilarious!