Options

recurring dream (kinda long)

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i have these weird dreams for a few years now. they seem pretty basic where the dream centers around me waking up. but the weird part is i always wake up in my bed. sometimes i can tell that i clearly woke up in a dream world but usually i cant, at least not right away. also i rarely get out of bed the whole dream is pretty short usually.

im not a religious person by any means but id say 80% of the time when i 'wake up' there is something evil in my room, like a demon. on a few occasions it talks or makes some sort of sound so i know its there. but usually i just know.

the things in the dreams are as my room would be. if im sleeping at night my room is dark, only lit by the lights of my clock and such. or early morning the light comes through the shades. i know this cause i almost always wake up right after the dream, well first i fall back asleep in the dream, then i wake up. a few times again i will wake up a few different times in dream worlds. the tv is in the right place and all that junk. once i woke up there was a mirror on my wall, which i dont have a mirror so that was a dead give away this wasnt my room. but mostly its as it is normally. i cant really explain how horrifying these dreams are, but they are.

sometimes i wake up from nightmares to only wake in another dream. then when i do actually wake up im not so sure i am. the odd thing is mostly what makes these things 'dreams' is they have usually only a minor hint of the paranormal. sometimes they go way out there but usually its very minor stuff. i could just as easily prove they were dreams as much as they are real, other than the fact of common sense.

like an example last one i had i woke up in my room like normal but i could feel something holding me down or having me pinned down. but it wasnt a weight that was doing it just a feeling or force. after a few minutes i was sure it went away so i went back to sleep. then i woke up with my room still as dark as it was a few minutes ago and everything was visually just the same.

sometimes i hear things move in the other room or out in the hall or something but after silence for awhile i 'go back to sleep' and i never think burglar or anything cause this thing has a presence, and it wants me to know its there. you know how when youre sitting and reading or something and you just know someone is behind you. sometimes its just like that, but i dont want to roll over and see it or say hi. i just feign sleep sometimes until i do fall back asleep.

its almost like waking up in a haunted house but they are just dreams as far as i can tell. but this thing isnt just a ghost cause its seems more than that. another minor detail is i actually wake up alot during sleep. so for me to wake up to this and fall back asleep a few minutes later isnt that weird cause i do it all night. just not with the horror that comes with it sometimes.

i guess one last thing is i have never seen it, not even a shadow of it.

so what does it all mean? those are kinda the basics of it all. if anyone needs more to decode i can give out info.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I have no idea what yours means but I have similar dreams sometimes. I recently had a dream that was, to all intents and purposes, identical to one I had about 10 years ago. I had all but forgotten about this dream given the time period but it was fresh in my memory again when I had it again obviously. It wasn't the kind of dream you forget major details about because when I first had it I was about 7 and it scared the shit out of me. I can't understand how it's possible that I could have it again so long afterwards. It was like dream deja-vu.

Also recently I had the scariest moment of my entire life, awake or asleep, when I had a particularly bizarre dream that came to a head when I was (in the dream) sat on a couch in my friends house and the lights were kind of dimmed and suddenly across the room on the other couch was this creature, just sitting there staring at me. It was about man sized, almost pure black so that in the darkened room it seemed like a silhouette except with the most horribly piercing green eyes. My entire body seized up in terror and this woke me up. Even when I was awake I still felt absolute terrified for a few moments.

Dreams can be really freaky.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I've had this before and it really is terrifying. It's kinda like you're so scared you can't move, you're afraid to breathe or shout out or anything... and as far as you know you're awake? I don't like it at ALL.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    one time I had it I was trying to shout out to my sister but as far as I was aware I couldn't... but she was actually woken up by me shouting her full name but really long and drawn out and kinda creepy :o . She went back to sleep :mad:

And there's definitely something in the room. I always imagine it to be like death with the long black hooded cloak and no face :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Also recently I had the scariest moment of my entire life, awake or asleep, when I had a particularly bizarre dream that came to a head when I was (in the dream) sat on a couch in my friends house and the lights were kind of dimmed and suddenly across the room on the other couch was this creature, just sitting there staring at me. It was about man sized, almost pure black so that in the darkened room it seemed like a silhouette except with the most horribly piercing green eyes. My entire body seized up in terror and this woke me up. Even when I was awake I still felt absolute terrified for a few moments.

Dreams can be really freaky.

aside from me not seeing this thing thats kinda how these are except i would have woken up sitting on that couch, leaving me wondering if i actually saw it and passed out from fright.

kinda off topic but did you ever see the x-files folie a duex?
  • Options
    aside from me not seeing this thing thats kinda how these are except i would have woken up sitting on that couch, leaving me wondering if i actually saw it and passed out from fright.

kinda off topic but did you ever see the x-files folie a duex?
    I can't say I have I'm afraid :) why?

I'm lucky actually that I was staying at another friend's house from the one the dream involved when I had this dream. I regularly crash out on the particular couch I was sitting on in this dream and if I HAD woken up on that one, like you do, I would probably have had a heart attack.

By the way, did you ever hear of the legend of the Mothman or watch the film with Richard Gere? The creature in my dream looked like this http://www.virtuescience.com/mothman.jpg but with green eyes. It looks ridiculous now but in the dream, when it seemed real it was so fucking scary :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

I'm lucky actually that I was staying at another friend's house from the one the dream involved when I had this dream. I regularly crash out on the particular couch I was sitting on in this dream and if I HAD woken up on that one, like you do, I would probably have had a heart attack.

By the way, did you ever hear of the legend of the Mothman or watch the film with Richard Gere? The creature in my dream looked like this http://www.virtuescience.com/mothman.jpg but with green eyes. It looks ridiculous now but in the dream, when it seemed real it was so fucking scary :o
    :D I'm sorry... I can't help but laugh at that. I can see how it would be terrifying :o but I just have this image of an inanimate cartoon picture looking at ya :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D I'm sorry... I can't help but laugh at that. I can see how it would be terrifying :o but I just have this image of an inanimate cartoon picture looking at ya :D
    Haha well obviously that's an eyewitness picture of a really really real scary monster :p Plus, my dream one was WAYYY scarier. It had green eyes! :D
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Haha well obviously that's an eyewitness picture of a really really real scary monster :p Plus, my dream one was WAYYY scarier. It had green eyes! :D
    :D That is honestly the funniest thing I've read in a long time... I don't mean to make little of your terrifying experience but the picture really doesn't help.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Dreams can be so freaky sometimes. I saw a murder/suicide once in my dream and I was convinced it had actually happened somewhere, I told myself I'd get to the bottom of it and look through archives of news papers etc.
    But then I thought, fuck it! I still think I might have read or seen it somewhere, though.

edit: the weird thing about this dream above is that I was someone else in that dream a person in that room, the person who discovered the bodies.

I also woke up once and there was a man standing in my room, just standing there, a dark figure and I could also feel this "evil" force, like you said... But then I really woke up, I was pouring sweat (which is highly unusual)

And last time I had a freaky dream I was being chased by a dude who wanted to kill me, we were running around a huge statue of a man on a horse, probably a king or knight or whatever, blood was dripping from the statue... The maniac was behind me, getting closer and closer and I couldn't run any further and I was standing in front of an old tombstone, and he was standing on it, he was just about to kill me when a freaky looking dead lady jumped out of the grave and tore his head off in front of me, that's when I woke up... I was biting my teeth extremely hard, my fists were clutched and my muscles hurt so much... I also had difficulty breathing. I think it took about thirty minute before I could fully relax again. I thought about going to a doctor because I thought I had the nightmare because of a medical condition or something, but haven't had any nightmare of the sort since ... so fuck it :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    shit collin :o a bad dream can really fuck ya up for a while... thankfully it's been a few years since I've had one that's affected me.

About a year before the pope died, I dreamt he'd died... no big drama or anything, just that he'd died. I didn't think much about it til a few weeks later I read something about him and actually had to ask somebody if he was still alive :D

I used to dream of being chased a lot...whether it was by the IRA shooting at me as I SWAM through a town :D or being zapped by aliens... at least once a week I'd dream I was being chased.

I also discovered a body of a boy in a canal once... that was freaky... and like that, it felt real too :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    shit collin :o a bad dream can really fuck ya up for a while... thankfully it's been a few years since I've had one that's affected me.

About a year before the pope died, I dreamt he'd died... no big drama or anything, just that he'd died. I didn't think much about it til a few weeks later I read something about him and actually had to ask somebody if he was still alive :D

I used to dream of being chased a lot...whether it was by the IRA shooting at me as I SWAM through a town :D or being zapped by aliens... at least once a week I'd dream I was being chased.

I also discovered a body of a boy in a canal once... that was freaky... and like that, it felt real too :o

Zapped by aliens, eh? :D

When I was a kid I had one reoccuring nightmare, always the same one... about a gigant swarm of bees that was eating the world, there was only a tiny piece left and I was standing on it with a few friends and family members and a TV character. The rest of the world was gone, literally gone. The bees made this white noise sound, it was extremely loud. I had anxiety whenever I heard it afterwards, it still creeps me out a little.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    Zapped by aliens, eh? :D

When I was a kid I had one reoccuring nightmare, always the same one... about a gigant swarm of bees that was eating the world, there was only a tiny piece left and I was standing on it with a few friends and family members and a TV character. The rest of the world was gone, literally gone. The bees made this white noise sound, it was extremely loud. I had anxiety whenever I heard it afterwards, it still creeps me out a little.
    A tv character?

Yep, the alien one was freaky... they were chasing me through a town but they just looked like normal men (they were in men in black suits). At one stage I lay down and started sucking my thumb pretending I was a baby and the stupid fuckers fell for it :D

What freaks me out though is that good or bad... ALL my dreams in the past few years seem to occur in the same place... it's like a building that's a boat and there are loadsa secret corridors and secret rooms and stuff. My sister dreams about the same place we found out a few months ago :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    A tv character?

This guy
    Yep, the alien one was freaky... they were chasing me through a town but they just looked like normal men (they were in men in black suits). At one stage I lay down and started sucking my thumb pretending I was a baby and the stupid fuckers fell for it :D

What freaks me out though is that good or bad... ALL my dreams in the past few years seem to occur in the same place... it's like a building that's a boat and there are loadsa secret corridors and secret rooms and stuff. My sister dreams about the same place we found out a few months ago :eek:

That is pretty freaky...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    This guy

That is pretty freaky...
    so any particular reason he'd pop up in your dreams? :p

The only famous person I regularly dream about (apart from my Pearl Jam dreams of course :D ) is Bruce Willis... he's always popping up to give me advice or to give out to me or to just play some kinda motherly figure :confused: what the fuck? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D That is honestly the funniest thing I've read in a long time... I don't mean to make little of your terrifying experience but the picture really doesn't help.
    :D I am aware that it looks silly but in a dream it can be genuinely scary :) plus, my monster really WAS way scarier than the one in that picture... it was just the closest thing I could find :p
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

that x-files is about a bug monster that is able to give off some kinda vibration or something that makes humans see it as a human. so its able to walk around in plain sight. but some people know how to look at it and see it for what it is. one of the creepier x-files and one of, if not, my favorite one.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :D I am aware that it looks silly but in a dream it can be genuinely scary :) plus, my monster really WAS way scarier than the one in that picture... it was just the closest thing I could find :p
    my monster :D Awwwww.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    so any particular reason he'd pop up in your dreams? :p

The only famous person I regularly dream about (apart from my Pearl Jam dreams of course :D ) is Bruce Willis... he's always popping up to give me advice or to give out to me or to just play some kinda motherly figure :confused: what the fuck? :D

Yeah, he was a character (still is?) on a popular Belgian kids shows with a talking dog! :D They also showed cartoons like the Smurfs, and in one episode of the smurfs there is indeed a huge swarm of bees that threatens the lovely life of our little blue friends. I had the dream the first time after I saw that episode.

Sure, I watched chuckie when I was a kid, no nightmares, but the Smurfs... I was scared as hell!

Jeremy, these look a little scarier:
    http://www.horrormagazine.it/imgbank/NEWS/mothman.jpg

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/f/2007/214/8/e/Mothman_by_YagaK.jpg

http://www.smokedbacon.net/mothman.jpg
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    Yeah, he was a character (still is?) on a popular Belgian kids shows with a talking dog! :D They also showed cartoons like the Smurfs, and in one episode of the smurfs there is indeed a huge swarm of bees that threatens the lovely life of our little blue friends. I had the dream the first time after I saw that episode.

Sure, I watched chuckie when I was a kid, no nightmares, but the Smurfs... I was scared as hell!

Jeremy, these look a little scarier:
    http://www.horrormagazine.it/imgbank/NEWS/mothman.jpg

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/f/2007/214/8/e/Mothman_by_YagaK.jpg

http://www.smokedbacon.net/mothman.jpg
    LMAO at the last picture...

so the smurfs scared ya? :D isn't it weird what goes on in kids heads... I was terrified of candy floss cos I thought it was santas beard (which I was also terrified of) :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    LMAO at the last picture...

so the smurfs scared ya? :D isn't it weird what goes on in kids heads... I was terrified of candy floss cos I thought it was santas beard (which I was also terrified of) :o

That's hilarious! :D:D

I was scared of the bees, by the way, not the smurfs! :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    yep...IT'S LONG