Options

Into The Wild - THE MOVIE

PoyndexterPoyndexter Posts: 92
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Is it good? I mean, forget the PJ affiliation. Don't blow smoke up my ass. Is it a good movie?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Poyndexter wrote:
    Is it good? I mean, forget the PJ affiliation. Don't blow smoke up my ass. Is it a good movie?
    YES YES YES!!!!!
    Do you know what actually happens in the end?
    I know you havent seen the movie, but alot of people are familiar with what happens before they see it.
    If you do know the way it ends, check the thread Just Watched Into The Wild.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Yes it is a good movie.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    donny31donny31 Posts: 26
    Yes and YES. Did you read the book? Obviously that was a little better, but they did the book justice with the movie. Ed has nothing to do with the movie, it just makes it REALLY cool to hear his voice while watching a great flick. You WILL enjoy this movie, Listen to SOCIETY and really listen to the words and that will stay with you throughout each scene. Enjoy.
    10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Amazing, even if Ed wasn't involved.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    irieinindy wrote:
    Amazing, even if Ed wasn't involved.
    true! even if there wasnt any Ed, I STILL wouldve cried like a bitch at the end.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    It's alright.. 7 out 10.
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    It's shit.

too long and boring.

2 and a half hours of my life i'll never get back.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    it was surprisingly good. you know ~ you read the book & you expect the movie to be less than up to it....but, it was worth the watch - nice cinematography, good images. Soundtrack made it, though, since they had to arrange some of the storyline to fit.
  • Options
    it was surprisingly good. you know ~ you read the book & you expect the movie to be less than up to it....but, it was worth the watch - nice cinematography, good images. Soundtrack made it, though, since they had to arrange some of the storyline to fit.
    Luckily, I don't read. So my dumb ass would probably appreciate it. I will put it on my Netflix Q.
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    YES. by far one of the best movies I have ever seen
  • Options
    it's a good movie to watch on a rainy sunday morning drinking coffee & smoking
  • Options
    THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
    I wouldn't piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, please read the book then watch the movie
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I liked the book - LOVE the music...was really disappointed in the movie. I thought Penn's direction was kinda cheesy and heavyhanded. It is by no means bad, but far from great.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    I liked the book - LOVE the music...was really disappointed in the movie. I thought Penn's direction was kinda cheesy and heavyhanded. It is by no means bad, but far from great.

I liked the movie very much, for the message it had - but yes, the production was a bit overdone in places, sentimental. But a well recommended movie.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    It's shit.

too long and boring.

2 and a half hours of my life i'll never get back.

What, not enough explosions or tits for ya? :rolleyes:
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    mjb wrote:
    so an australian and canuck dont like it

big fuckin shock
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    great movie. it's about the message it's not going to excite you in any way. and believe it or not, ed's music had a lot to do with how much i liked it as well. his music fit perfectly into the movie and always was describing exactly what mccandless was feeling at that time. just put together perfectly.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    it is a good movie
    it can get a little confusing with the time sequences
    it definitely is depressing.

the premise of not having happiness unless it is shared is poignant and true.

shame the way the guy drifted off

all alone
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    What, not enough explosions or tits for ya? :rolleyes:

there was actually more tit then i was expecting.

it was just boring, in no way could i connect with the main character, there for i didn't really give a shit what he did or that he even died. i was basically just sitting there waiting for the thing to finish.

i think this is one of the most over-rated films ever. and i often wonder if everyone here would really like it as much if Ed didn't have anything to do with it.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    mjb wrote:

i watched it with the best of intentions, love sean penn as an actor.. but...

it really was kinda sucky.. and orchestrated..

just my opinion...

still love the soundtrack!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    i watched it with the best of intentions, love sean penn as an actor.. but...

it really was kinda sucky.. and orchestrated..

just my opinion...

still love the soundtrack!

Orchestrated? As opposed to those other movies with no script or director?:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    He dies in a van in Alaska
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    mikeg19_82 wrote:
    He dies in a van in Alaska
    It was a bus.

Read the book, t's better.

(buy the soundtrack)
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    11 year old 20-20 piece.

*note the piece ends abruptly *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBXTltNyhH8

John Krakauer is interviewed .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    Great book, Great movie, Sean Penn did the book justice and the soundtrack is killer!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    its a good movie and a great book. i suggest you read the book first and then watch the movie. the movie really does justice and i was not disappointed.
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options
    down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
    Good Movie, Entertaining. It was way too fucking long. It may just be me, but they made This guy look like a spoiled snob, which bothered me. Yeah, Eddie is fucking amazing, Hard Sun is a badass song
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    down_ski wrote:
    Good Movie, Entertaining. It was way too fucking long. It may just be me, but they made This guy look like a spoiled snob, which bothered me. Yeah, Eddie is fucking amazing, Hard Sun is a badass song

i agree the movie was too long.......

i dont think they were trying to make him look spoiled but to give you a background of where he came from
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    love the soundtrack.

the actual movie was boring as batshit.