Options

Freakin' cold outside....

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
It was -1° F this morning, and my dog wanted to stay out and play in the snow... I could feel my eyeballs freezing.
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It got down to 14 degrees here in atlanta last night. Which is not extremely cold by some standards, but in atlanta thats chilly. It did not climb above freezing yesterday which again around these parts those kind of days are few and far between.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    It was -30C with the windchill yesterday, meaning -22 F.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It's -30°C with the windchill here this morning.

EDIT: Keeponrockin' knows :p
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    -30C ??? wow, THAT's cold. The coldest we have had until now this year is -7C
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i hate it
  • Options

Yeah, but you're in Canada... Do you people even wear coats in this kind of weather? :)

I just looked at Accuweather for this morning, and their real feel at 7AM when I was outside was -16°F (and -25°F at 5AM - Glad I was still under the covers).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    it was 14 degrees in NYC this morning!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

then i guess i will not complain that it got down to 28 degrees in central florida last night
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Dollpartz wrote:
    then i guess i will not complain that it got down to 28 degrees in central florida last night
    yeah...it's not much to complain about, but it was still cold here in tampa last night! i can't get used to the cold...but i prefer it over the awful heat of summer :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    It's -30°C with the windchill here this morning.

EDIT: Keeponrockin' knows :p

It is actually half nice here today and PEI is buried from what I hear :D:D
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    iamsampj wrote:
    yeah...it's not much to complain about, but it was still cold here in tampa last night! i can't get used to the cold...but i prefer it over the awful heat of summer :)

me too! nice welcome change, wish it would last a little longer than a couple of days!
  • Options
    It is actually half nice here today and PEI is buried from what I hear :D:D
    Yep!
    Halifax didn't get much but apparently everywhere else is no longer on the map.
    165cms so far for Moncton (not in just the one storm though, but the last two this week added 40-50 cms I think).
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Yep!
    Halifax didn't get much but apparently everywhere else is no longer on the map.
    165cms so far for Moncton (not in just the one storm though, but the last two this week added 40-50 cms I think).

Obviously I am very Canadian as I just checked and it says the temp in Calgary is -8 and I thought it seemed mild :eek: :o Supposed to be up to 3 this afternoon though!!

Charlottetown got slammed over two days I think. They even had thunder/lightning with the snow :confused:

My poor family still hasn't made it back to PEI. :( My mum will never fly again
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Dollpartz wrote:
    me too! nice welcome change, wish it would last a little longer than a couple of days!
    maybe we'll get another week of cold sometime soon!! it's crazy to me that it was in the 80s just last week...i'm sure i'll be sick soon from all of the crazy changes in weather.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    Obviously I am very Canadian as I just checked and it says the temp in Calgary is -8 and I thought it seemed mild :eek: :o Supposed to be up to 3 this afternoon though!!

Charlottetown got slammed over two days I think. They even had thunder/lightning with the snow :confused:

My poor family still hasn't made it back to PEI. :( My mum will never fly again
    Hehehe, yeah there were tons of airport delays and stuff this holiday season.
    My brother is supposed to fly out of Halifax Saturday morning, hopefully it's all cleared up by then. edit - Halifax is pretty clean, but there's a backlog of delays at other airports slowing everything else down..
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    i just had to run about a 1/4 mile form one building to another it feels like my chest might collapse from the cold fuck ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I could feel my eyeballs freezing.

that IS the most bizarre feeling! :o hahahahaha. seriously, every year we used to go up to vermont skiing, and i never knew your eyeblls could feel cold. :p

it most definitely has gotten colder here.....was about 15 degrees F this AM when i left for work. however, thus far i think we've been damn lucky, pretty mild november/december.....hell, it was still hot some days in october! yikes! so yes, in january/february i fully expect some bitterly cold days. c'est la vie. i rather be cold with a brisk walk then melting into the pavement during the dog days of summer in NYC....so it's all good. i love my 4 seasons. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    60 on sunday :)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    NY PJ1 wrote:

This weather is whacked !

Driving home last night its 20 degrees, even the digital part of my dashboard was running slow

Pond Hockey anyone ???
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    This weather is whacked !

Driving home last night its 20 degrees, even the digital part of my dashboard was running slow

Pond Hockey anyone ???

tis crazy
  • Options
    LOVE this weather. sunny and freezing. opens your sinuses.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

60 is gorgeous weather! :)
    of course, i am quite happy with weather in the 50s too. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    60 is gorgeous weather! :)
    of course, i am quite happy with weather in the 50s too. ;)

the weather just said mid 50's ??

anything above 32 is good = NO SNOW
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    keep it this cold for at least a week kills all germs that are airborne ,i'll take the cold over getting a cold or having one of my kids get sick ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

dunno...i only check in the mornings, and if it happes to be on CNN when i have lunch. :) mid-50s is beautiful too! :D and we both already know i disagree on the snow ;).....but it's all good.

jose - excellent point!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

mid 50s in the winter, in the north??? yuuuuck.
    and people say global warming doesn't exist.
  • Options
    It's supposed to be 58 here on Monday, and they said it should be a few degrees warmer on Tuesday and Wednesday.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    woke up this morning to find the cat was stuck frozen to the window...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    why is cold weather a problem? you just put on more clothes for the bit you're outside. I can barely see out of my cold weather get-up. I'm totally snug. my motto is, if you're cold, you're not wearing enough clothes. better than being sweltering hot and humid- you can't escape that (and you're drenched in sweat for the rest of the day).