so we bought the christmas tree......

Comments

• nice lookin tree speedy! i yanked my shrub out of storage last week and plunked the sucker down in the living room. i wish i could have a real tree but i'm allergic :o

i like tons of twinkly lights, puts me in the holiday mood
  • chromiam wrote:
    yeah I went to Lowe's last year, only because the selection at the lots were terrible (about a week before christmas) and actually got a nice tree without any hassle. Think I might try that again now that I think about it.

i always get my tree at lowe's for exactly the same reason....no hassle.
    in and out in 10 minutes.
    Nice shirt.
  • chromiam wrote:
    yeah I went to Lowe's last year, only because the selection at the lots were terrible (about a week before christmas) and actually got a nice tree without any hassle. Think I might try that again now that I think about it.
    the people in the lots here want $50 for a fucking tree....

i paid $15 and im fucking thrilled.....

my cat is thrilled too........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    nice lookin tree speedy! i yanked my shrub out of storage last week and plunked the sucker down in the living room. i wish i could have a real tree but i'm allergic :o

I love the colored lights. Sitting in the dark with the tree lit is so cozy I think. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    the people in the lots here want $50 for a fucking tree....

i paid $15 and im fucking thrilled.....

my cat is thrilled too........

I usually go to a lot which has all trees for $25 to $30. It used to be $15 when I started going but with inflation and all :D

Home Depot and Lowes seem to just be a better deal nowadays.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    nice lookin tree speedy! i yanked my shrub out of storage last week and plunked the sucker down in the living room. i wish i could have a real tree but i'm allergic :o

that sounds like a bunch of innuendos!
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    that sounds like a bunch of innuendos!
    :eek: haha

and here i was gonna refrain from calling it my xmas bush thinking i'd be safe then :o lol
  • god, trees are cheap where you people live. My 4-5 footer was $45 and my parents' 8-9 footer was like $79. Even the boy scouts were charging that.
  • this is as far as we have made it tonight.....

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/mccready_/?action=view&current=Picture552.jpg

im just hoping the damn thing isnt laying on the floor tomorrow morning....

Lovely tree!

One question: Chicago isn't cold enough for you that you still have your A/C unit in your window? Do you turn it on to make the tree still think it is outside?

;)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Lovely tree!

One question: Chicago isn't cold enough for you that you still have your A/C unit in your window? Do you turn it on to make the tree still think it is outside?

;)

I just noticed in the second pic the a/c is out of the window! HAHAHAHA. I was gonna comment on that too.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Danimal wrote:
    I just noticed in the second pic the a/c is out of the window! HAHAHAHA. I was gonna comment on that too.
    a/c is still there in second pic....
  • Lovely tree!

;)
    that a/c is what you call....

permanently installed...
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    a/c is still there in second pic....

Oh yeah I see it now. The blinds are closed.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• that a/c is what you call....

permanently installed...

hmmm. Thanks, I wondered about that.

When I look at photos, I always notice the stuff in the background. It's the inner detective or "Nosy-Rosy" in me. :D
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Is that Snap, Crackle and Pop near the top?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • corycory Posts: 736
    My tree was up and decorated the day after Thanksgiving. Then again, we're not lazy motherfuckers like SOME people from Illinois;)

Ass

Rat's

Gives

Who
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • How long until Christmas?

I haven't even sent any cards out yet! :worried:
  • we got it home..
    we put it in its stand.....

and we only screamed and yelled at each other once.....hehehehehe

tomorrow we may even decorate the fucking thing.....
    its universal. very funny....

ideal fantasy land putting up the tree =
    everyone wearing a nice sweater and scarf, chopping the tree down on a nice tree farm, hayride back to the car, strapping in on the roof no problem, christmas carols on the way home, warm fire in the house, start sipping on eggnog or wine, smililng and laughing putting it in the stand, everyone putting decorations on the tree, hugging and kissing under the mistle toe, plugging the lights in and they all work...

reality...
    its fucking cold out here. I dont know which one. whatever one you want. help me pick one. pick one already. cut the fucking thing down already. its fucking cold. i have snow in my asscrack from being down in the snow under the tree with a saw as dull as the backside of a butterknife. drag 2 miles back to car. sap everwhere. i cant get the fucking thing tied down to the roof. my hands are numb. im getting in the car. i hope this thing makes it home. stare at the front of the tree you can still see through your windshield over and over again, getting annoyed at the same christmas cd you heard 50 times already. get home (its now slid down the trunk of the car clinging for life), get it in the house after you finally get the twine off the car and tree, get it in the stand, the bolts dont fit, breakdown cardboard to use as a brace to go between tree and bolts, its crooked, it has a bad side, its leaking from the ice that was on it, its just too tall, take out of stand, cut it down, repeat thing with cardboard, run lights, they dont work and are upside down, rerun lights after finally finding the dead one, decorate tree, too many "red ones over here". cat is in tree knocking shit down. done. bedtime. that was fun.

edit: hold mistle toe at beltbucke...wife tells you that you're an asshole
    ahhhhhhh, the joy of christmas
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    ^ Thats pretty accurate.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chromiam wrote:
    Buying my tree tonite.. if all goes according to plan, which means no stupid bastard asks me if I need help or tries carrying the thing to my car wtf am I an invalid who can't lift a 40# tree???
    so???

was it a success????
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    got the tree last night.. a nice 6- 6 1/2' balsam fir for $28... and it actually was put up last night. Now all that's left is to decorate.

Best part... it took all of 15 minutes to pick out a tree, no one asking stupid questions and I actually had to search for someone in home depot to wrap the thing for me. I think I've found my new Christmas tree lot :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • chromiam wrote:
    got the tree last night.. a nice 6- 6 1/2' balsam fir for $28... and it actually was put up last night. Now all that's left is to decorate.

Best part... it took all of 15 minutes to pick out a tree, no one asking stupid questions and I actually had to search for someone in home depot to wrap the thing for me. I think I've found my new Christmas tree lot :D
    right on....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    haven't got mine yet with the motherinlaw passing and all, we won't get it till this saturday i told my wife if she didn't wan't one i understand but she said her mom allways want's one so we will buy it this saturday plus my kids won't have it any other way ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Here's our finished product:

Tree001.jpg

It's craptacular!
  • haven't got mine yet with the motherinlaw passing and all, we won't get it till this saturday i told my wife if she didn't wan't one i understand but she said her mom allways want's one so we will buy it this saturday plus my kids won't have it any other way ....
    i am very sorry to hear about mom....
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    good to know that "christmas tree fights" are not limited to my home......it amazes me that my wife can eat all her food through a straw after the fight. :)

and no........i am not kidding, she is good at it.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    i am very sorry to hear about mom....

thanks at least she is now at peace no more suffering, so by next week we will be full blown into the xmas spirit will drink plenty of eggnog spiced up a bit with added rum uhmmm good have a great one speedy ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • we got it home..
    we put it in its stand.....

and we only screamed and yelled at each other once.....hehehehehe

tomorrow we may even decorate the fucking thing.....
    well we just took the christmas tree out to the alley.....

i wish i could say we only screamed at each other only once......hehehehe

at one point kathy said to me....and i quote...

"shut up before i put this tree up your ass"

hehehehehehehehehehehe......
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    well we just took the christmas tree out to the alley.....

i wish i could say we only screamed at each other only once......hehehehe

at one point kathy said to me....and i quote...

"shut up before i put this tree up your ass"

hehehehehehehehehehehe......

WHY DID YOU WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY TO TAKE DOWN THAT TREE?????
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."