my opinion of the snow.....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I spent 12 fucking hours last night/this morning driving my fucking SEMI 400 miles round trip through northwest Indiana and Michigan. It never stopped fucking snowing the entire trip. I stopped counting how many cars i saw in the ditch at 17. I witnessed a 5 Car pile-up on I-94 and i witnessed another 6 Car pile-up on 80-94. When i arrived in Michigan at 1:30 this morning the first accident I came upon involved 2 semi tractor/trailers that were in the ditch. The entire 12 hours my hands gripped the steering wheel of my fucking truck as if my life depended it....

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!

drive safe people.....

and i just realized this is in the wrong forum......and i dont give a rats ass.......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It is 70 degrees today in Dallas so I cannot begin to comprehend driving 12 hours in the snow.
  • paperpaper Posts: 10
    84 degrees in Nassau according to weather.com It's a big fuckin' world.
  • yeh... fuck the snow! and while your at it, fuck the rain! fuck the wind! fuck sunburns, fuck having to douche three times a week, fuck my boss right in the ear, fuck that dude who rings the bell in front of the store and gives you the look as if to say "wheres the dollar man".... fuck my x wife (you probably did) fuck it all I say...

(yup... im bored at work again......)
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    I spent 12 fucking hours last night/this morning driving my fucking SEMI 400 miles round trip through northeast Indiana and Michigan. It never stopped fucking snowing the entire trip. I stopped counting how many cars i saw in the ditch at 17. I witnessed a 5 Car pile-up on I-94 and i witnessed another 6 Car pile-up on 80-94. When i arrived in Michigan at 1:30 this morning the first accident I came upon involved 2 semi tractor/trailers that were in the ditch. The entire 12 hours my hands gripped the steering wheel of my fucking truck as if my life depended it....

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!

drive safe people.....

and i just realized this is in the wrong forum......and i dont give a rats ass.......

damm that sounds nerve racking but as long as your safe that is a good thing in the pit world ,keep on trucking baby truck my blues away ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • damm that sounds nerve racking but as long as your safe that is a good thing in the pit world ,keep on trucking baby truck my blues away ....
    Nerve racking is an understatement my friend. It was 12 hours of pure hell. But i am glad to say that in 6 hours i will have the opportunity to do it all over again.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Nerve racking is an understatement my friend. It was 12 hours of pure hell. But i am glad to say that in 6 hours i will have the opportunity to do it all over again.

nerve racking on a clear, dry day.

i can't even begin to imagine the intensity of driving a semi
    in the snow and ice at 60 mph.

glad you are safe. truck drivers are vastly under appreciated.
    Nice shirt.
  • FitzFitz Posts: 169
    guertin32 wrote:
    fuck my x wife (you probably did) fuck it all I say...

PMSL, by the way not guilty.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Wow. Stay safe my friend.

Maybe you should audition for Ice Road Truckers!

:D
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    Nerve racking is an understatement my friend. It was 12 hours of pure hell. But i am glad to say that in 6 hours i will have the opportunity to do it all over again.

well ok then is the weather better tonight or is it the same shit and yes as long as you have a job to go to that is a good thing ...have a safe night ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    guertin32 wrote:
    fuck having to douche three times a week,

Dude you should be careful with all that douching I don't think it is god for your kitty ...gets the PH all out of balance or some shit! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    snow blows
  • CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    And I wanted to snow when I went outside yesterday morning, scraped off my car, came back home, came back out minutes later and had to scrape again... I can't imagine how hard it was for you, Speedy. Ugh. I'm tired of this weather already... Whatever happened to not having snow until January? It's been that way for like five years... Looks like we'll be getting a white Christmas after all.

Now who wants to go make some snowmen? :D:D:D
  • I spent 12 fucking hours last night/this morning driving my fucking SEMI 400 miles round trip through northwest Indiana and Michigan. It never stopped fucking snowing the entire trip. I stopped counting how many cars i saw in the ditch at 17. I witnessed a 5 Car pile-up on I-94 and i witnessed another 6 Car pile-up on 80-94. When i arrived in Michigan at 1:30 this morning the first accident I came upon involved 2 semi tractor/trailers that were in the ditch. The entire 12 hours my hands gripped the steering wheel of my fucking truck as if my life depended it....

Fuck!

I hate the snow as well dude.

But if I had to drive that much in this shit, I'd want to punt a midget in the ballsack
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Fuck mass production that creates so much unnecessary shipping for a bunch of shit we don't need.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • that sucks! Your experience sounds like an episode of "Ice Truckers" or whatever that show is called on the History channel.

glad you made it home safely.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    sounds like fun speedy.

actually, it reminds me of when we were moving out west in march of 2006. we hit the blizzard of '06 in Nebraska and had to pull over for the night in Grand Island.

the next morning my dad, who was driving, decided it was better to hit the road than to wait it out. it was so fucking scary! seeing all those semis and vehicles overturned.

good times.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    I spent 12 fucking hours last night/this morning driving my fucking SEMI 400 miles round trip through northwest Indiana and Michigan. It never stopped fucking snowing the entire trip. I stopped counting how many cars i saw in the ditch at 17. I witnessed a 5 Car pile-up on I-94 and i witnessed another 6 Car pile-up on 80-94. When i arrived in Michigan at 1:30 this morning the first accident I came upon involved 2 semi tractor/trailers that were in the ditch. The entire 12 hours my hands gripped the steering wheel of my fucking truck as if my life depended it....

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!

drive safe people.....

Maybe you shouldn't do your "flippin" when it snows out. But it is nice to see you hand deliver your "packages" to those who overpay.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I feel your pain I have made that same drive in the same weather but i kept going all the way to toronto and it took forever......you thought snow plowing was bad in chicago go to canada :)

I love when i see the dickheads in suv's in a ditch during a snow storm
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    in canada we have experience dealing with it... living by mountains in this weather is nothing short of awesome
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    bharQ wrote:
    in canada we have experience dealing with it... living by mountains in this weather is nothing short of awesome

Respect the malahat brah!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    According to this Malahat highway report
    http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/malahat/finalreport/App_B.pdf

Most accidents (54%) happen when the condition is dry, 34% wet and only 4% snow. Of course, the malahat may only see snow 4% of the time.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • yup fuck the snow...

i hate it.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    According to this Malahat highway report
    http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/malahat/finalreport/App_B.pdf

Most accidents (54%) happen when the condition is dry, 34% wet and only 4% snow. Of course, the malahat may only see snow 4% of the time.

Malahat ...are you an Islander ?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Malahat ...are you an Islander ?

I used to be, my first real driving experience was on the Malahat. There was so much rain and fog I couldn't see 20 feet infront of the vehicle. All I remember is smoking a big spliff with my dad and he said "Son, I can't drive I'm too high." next thing I know I'm screaming down this mountain at a buck twenty and my dad says "Alright, pull over here" and we were in Victoria."at this time he had the munchies and we hit a little greasy spoon there. I can't remember the name of it, damn good fries and gravy though.
  • fuck the rats ass!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I used to be, my first real driving experience was on the Malahat. There was so much rain and fog I couldn't see 20 feet infront of the vehicle. All I remember is smoking a big spliff with my dad and he said "Son, I can't drive I'm too high." next thing I know I'm screaming down this mountain at a buck twenty and my dad says "Alright, pull over here" and we were in Victoria."at this time he had the munchies and we hit a little greasy spoon there. I can't remember the name of it, damn good fries and gravy though.

Now that what I call a father and son outing! :D
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Now that what I call a father and son outing! :D

Yea, some of the best years of my life right there. I think the restaurant was called Paul's. It had a bar upstairs.
  • I feel for you.

Around here though, the problem is the drivers more than the snow. This morning it was barely snowing. Just a flake here and there and it wasn't sticking to road. But people were driving like it was a blizzard and running into each other left and right. It took me 4 hours to drive 45 miles.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hey speed.......race ya to vegas!
  • I spent 12 fucking hours last night/this morning driving my fucking SEMI 400 miles round trip through northwest Indiana and Michigan. It never stopped fucking snowing the entire trip. I stopped counting how many cars i saw in the ditch at 17. I witnessed a 5 Car pile-up on I-94 and i witnessed another 6 Car pile-up on 80-94. When i arrived in Michigan at 1:30 this morning the first accident I came upon involved 2 semi tractor/trailers that were in the ditch. The entire 12 hours my hands gripped the steering wheel of my fucking truck as if my life depended it....

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!

drive safe people.....

You're a truck driver!!!!

no wonder you're so geeked out all the time;)

go drive the Ice Road in the arctic you puss:D
    the Minions