Options

Every Kiss Begins With Kay

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
So I'm watching the Lions/Cowboys game and during a commercial break I had the misfortune of viewing a Kay Jewelry commercial, which claimed "every kiss begins with kay."

I gotta say I certainly hope this isn't true.

In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say MOST kisses DON'T begin with Kay.

Discuss.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm screwed if they do... there's no hope for me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    no, it's not true. though it is true that most last kisses begin with kay. cos god knows once she gets that rock she's never putting out again.
  • Options
    So I'm watching the Lions/Cowboys game and during a commercial break I had the misfortune of viewing a Kay Jewelry commercial, which claimed "every kiss begins with kay."

I gotta say I certainly hope this isn't true.

In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say MOST kisses DON'T begin with Kay.

Discuss.

Being a single person I can't stand those commercials. lol
  • Options
    yes i can prosmise yuo that EACH and EVREY kiss realy does begin ewith KAY!

she si ym ex-girlfriend and she a stupid whore!
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Not sure about other languages, but German Küss begins with K.

I gave my last girlfriend a plastic ring from a $1.00 candy surprise bag.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    If you don't get your girl a diamond or a Lexus, you're pretty much screwed. I'm supposed to be happy with getting a Braun electric razor though. I'd love to see the commercial where the girl is happy because she got a blender from Wal Mart. Thanks a lot tv, its not hard enough already.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    culot4 wrote:
    If you don't get your girl a diamond or a Lexus, you're pretty much screwed. I'm supposed to be happy with getting a Braun electric razor though. I'd love to see the commercial where the girl is happy because she got a blender from Wal Mart. Thanks a lot tv, its not hard enough already.

It's actually all the Da Beers corporation. I've brought this up here before.

The Da Beers corporation controls 80% of the diamond industry and sets the market price on diamonds.

Diamonds are really just compressed carbon. They are formed in kimberlite pipes in the earth under extreme heat and pressure. Methods have already been developed to create "synthetic diamonds" using the same process. http://www.lifegem.com does this with the ashes of cremated human beings.

In the past people would pawn their diamonds if their relationship was terminated. Da Beers started a marketing campaign "A Diamond Is Forever" to encourage people to keep their diamonds. Similarly they created the marketing campaign "A Girl's Best Friend" to convince women that diamonds were better than other gemstones. It used to be that other gemstones were more popular because they were colourful and diamonds were considered bland. The rarity of diamonds is no greater than other stones.

So you can thank Da Beers for the diamond parasite in our culture. Even though women might become aware of these facts, they don't lose their affinity for diamonds, proving that Da Beers succeeded in programming the culture.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Meh, diamonds are over rated. I am not all about that sort of thing.
  • Options
    I much rather have 5000 dollars worth of new clothes, then a spankin new diamond.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of those damn commercials!!! UGH!

Sidenote: I'm probably just bitter because no one's ever given me jewelry.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Beso starts with a B
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    culot4 wrote:

:eek:

What kind of girls do you know? I'm happy my friends and I aren't like that. And yes, all those jewelry commercials are pretty lame and annoying. :p
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    diamonds are nothing more than a status symbol (and a stupid one at that) there are lots of silly women that size each other up with pretentious thoughts of "wow, since the diamond that my man bought for me is so much bigger than the one that she got from her man, it must mean that I'm loved more and that makes me superior"

diamonds have become just an ostentatious way of people trying to put a $ value on love...and all kinds of idiots, men and women alike have fallen for that crap in their desperate need to keep up with the expectations in a relationship. it's sad that the merits of a couple's relationship are perceived by the rock the man buys for the woman to wear on her finger
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    culot4 wrote:
    I got a blender for CHristmas last year and was psyched! Makes awesome frozen maragaritas.
    And nothing ever made me happier than the year my parents gave me a KitchenAid stand mixer....oh happy day..
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I got a blender for CHristmas last year and was psyched! Makes awesome frozen maragaritas.
    And nothing ever made me happier than the year my parents gave me a KitchenAid stand mixer....oh happy day..

you would be good for me to buy for. i'm cheap.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    TrixieCat wrote:

But tv said my girl will only love me if I spend a lot of money. I thought love was measured by the price tag of the gift I bought.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    If I see another Zales commercial , I may puke !!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    If I see another Zales commercial , I may puke !!!

Zales and Jared's...BLEH!!!!!! "He went to Jared's" NIGHTMARE!!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I tried arguing with my wife about HD Tv's are so much more worth the money than a friggin rock......I asked...how long have you stared at this HD thing of beauty and how long you look at your ring I bought you......shit, I think she wore the leather coat "she really" wanted twice. And she isn't even really materialistic

They make it sound like your a piece of shit if you don't waste 4 months of your pay on a piece of compressed carbon. I fucking hate those commercials. Uppity motherfuckers
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm a girl and I do love diamonds but I hate those commercials. Get a new slogan. Its so old.

Side note. As much as I love diamonds, I would be thrilled with a blender.....Really.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    I wouldn't be with that girl very long if every kiss began with Kay. The bitch would run me out of all my money.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I'm a girl and I do love diamonds but I hate those commercials. Get a new slogan. Its so old.

Side note. As much as I love diamonds, I would be thrilled with a blender.....Really.

Yeah, a blender would be nice to make some drinkies. :D But I'd be really happy if I got some massage oil, and a massage to go with it. ;)
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Yeah, a blender would be nice to make some drinkies. :D But I'd be really happy if I got some massage oil, and a massage to go with it. ;)

Oh yeah! I would take a massage for sure. See guys, it doesn't have to be shiney and expensive:)
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    a kiss on the hand may be quite continental...but diamonds are a girl's best friend.
  • Options
    I don't know quite what it is about these jewelry store commercials that gross me out so much. Maybe it's the gross mass-produced jewelry being pawned off as some symbol of love.
  • Options
    I don't know quite what it is about these jewelry store commercials that gross me out so much. Maybe it's the gross mass-produced jewelry being pawned off as some symbol of love.

I feel the same way. It is SO Blah.. . People spend SO much money on rings and weddings and focus WAY less on spending their lives together.
  • Options
    yeah the whole diamond thing is way overrated. sure they're beautiful, but i'd be pissed off if someone spent that much for a piece of jewelry for me. i'd rather go on a 3-week trip to europe or something instead!

i had a friend who years ago, actually had her gifts of jewelry *appraised* to find out how much her boyfriend had spent on her :eek: suffice it to say i don't speak to her anymore, the materialism bent never quite shook off.

i'm bigger on sentiment that monetary value myself. then again...i might just be cheap :o lol i wouldn't trade the jewelry my man has given me for the biggest diamond boulder that exists.
  • Options
    i also always just hate the women's reactions when they get the piece of crap jewelry in those commercials- like the husband just cured cancer especially for her or something.

Honestly, I am big fan of jewelry. I love artistic things. and I wouldn't mind a boyfriend or whatever to give me some. But it's like any other gift. it's like if a guy picked out some very unique piece of artful jewelry that he thought I would like, that would be a great gift. But it's still just a gift...and the stuff from Kay and these other places...not artful! it's like just throwing something shiny at the woman and hoping she'll have that stupid reaction the women in the commercials do.
  • Options
    yeah the whole diamond thing is way overrated. sure they're beautiful, but i'd be pissed off if someone spent that much for a piece of jewelry for me. i'd rather go on a 3-week trip to europe or something instead!

i had a friend who years ago, actually had her gifts of jewelry *appraised* to find out how much her boyfriend had spent on her :eek: suffice it to say i don't speak to her anymore, the materialism bent never quite shook off.

i'm bigger on sentiment that monetary value myself. then again...i might just be cheap :o lol i wouldn't trade the jewelry my man has given me for the biggest diamond boulder that exists.

Me too.. four thousand on a ring could be quite a trip to Europe :D My fave pair of earrings are a pair I paid like 10 euro for at a little shop in Florence. They are so pretty and bring back the memories of my trip. That is what means something..
  • Options
    Me too.. four thousand on a ring could be quite a trip to Europe :D My fave pair of earrings are a pair I paid like 10 euro for at a little shop in Florence. They are so pretty and bring back the memories of my trip. That is what means something..
    fuck yeah, keep the rock and give me a plane ticket dammit. that'll earn *way* more than some funky kiss with kay from me haha

i love wearing stuff that i've gotten or others have gotten me from other places, absolutely it's the memories they give you, if not of where you got it, then who gave it to you.