Options

Anyone going to be waiting in line to get into stores at 5 AM???

2»

Comments

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Direct them all to the back of the store where they fall into a human shredder....never to be seen again.

The sale to end all sales.

beautiful...

HAHA!

At the store I worked at they gave gifts to the first 50 people...and it was something lame like a snowglobe. :p So there's your reason for lining up for a 5 am shopping spree! :p
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Yeah, I can't believe people camp overnight...I mean 3 am is crazy enough. I've had to work retail a few holiday seasons but fortunately always got the later shift (I am NOT a morning person so there is no way I could handle it haha).

Plus, I wouldn't want to spend my day off that way...but whatever floats your boat I guess...I was sleeping though at 2 am. :p:D

I saw on the news Friday morning where people were camped out all of thanksgiving day and overnight to be in line for some of these sales....oh and it was 26 fucking degrees outside that night around here. it just goes to prove that people are insane because they HAVE TO save $10 on something neither they or anyone they know will ever need
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    I saw on the news Friday morning where people were camped out all of thanksgiving day and overnight to be in line for some of these sales....oh and it was 26 fucking degrees outside that night around here. it just goes to prove that people are insane because they HAVE TO save $10 on something neither they or anyone they know will ever need

I saw some of that here too....my time is way more valuable than a few dollars off a new TV.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    HAHA!

At the store I worked at they gave gifts to the first 50 people...and it was something lame like a snowglobe. :p So there's your reason for lining up for a 5 am shopping spree! :p

I bet they could've paid a $1. for one of those snowglobes at a dollar store. oooh no...we better stand in line all night so we won't have to pay a whole dollar for a piece of crap! ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    HAHA!

My ad would be...

Free snowglobe!! to the first 10,000 people!!! Shop till you drop! ... and we mean drop! (into a grinding murderous pit in the floor)

and in REALLY fine print...

(Not responsible for loss of limbs, death or dismenberment, and/or grisly torturous demise shortly afterwards)

Happy shopping!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    prism wrote:

Exactly. There are going to be LOTS of sales between now and Christmas, and instead of enjoying the holiday they camp out overnight. I spent Thursday and Friday playing outdoors and spending time with my family and other loved ones. But to each their own I guess; it just isn't for me.
  • Options
    My ad would be...

Free snowglobe!! to the first 10,000 people!!! Shop till you drop! ... and we mean drop! (into a grinding murderous pit in the floor)

(Not responsible for loss of limbs, death or dismenberment, and/or grisly torturous demise shortly afterwards)

Happy shopping!

You're funny! :p

Catchy ad by the way. ;)
  • Options
    I saw some of that here too....my time is way more valuable than a few dollars off a new TV.

well i just figure the ones that stood out there all night in 26 degree weather deserve frost-bite for being so lame ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    well i just figure the ones that stood out there all night in 26 degree weather deserve frost-bite for being so lame ;)

I just don't get how some people can give up time with their family to do shit like that. My mom always placed a big emphasis on Thanksgiving being for families...but it seems like anymore its just a starting point for Christmas.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    My ad would be...

Happy shopping!

I love this font, and this post!

I stay far away from stores the day after thanksgiving. I'd go homicidal otherwise. It's really for my own sanity...
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ