Options

Animal survival in the '04 sunami..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Watching PBS right now. Among the 250k people killed, no animals were found dead. Many started fleeing hours before, heading for the hills. Is it a sixth sense??? A different level of consciousness? Are they able to better hone in on their intuition?..Interesting stuff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Watching PBS right now. Among the 250k people killed, no animals were found dead. Many started fleeing hours before, heading for the hills. Is it a sixth sense??? A different level of consciousness? Are they able to better hone in on their intuition?..Interesting stuff.

they knew something was up

just like the sea life know when a hurricane is coming close,,,,
    the fish that live close to shore go deeper till it passes
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Animals have much better instincts then humans

They can smell danger as well
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yes, animals do sense earthquakes, tsunamis and quite a few other "disasters" before they happen. Sadly though, fires are one thing they can't always escape.
    Quite a few were lost in the southern California fires.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Animals have much better instincts then humans

They can smell danger as well
    I wonder what it is that tells them danger is near or going to happen, if even our best equipment cannot predict it.. They were just talking about snakes and ground critters coming out of hibernation into the frozen tundra in Asia hours before a big quake. They used that sign to start evacuating people, and sure enough there was a catastrophic earthquake.
  • Options
    lol you can't smell danger, theris no smell to danger. It's a word. You can smell or sense the presence of another animal that could lead to danger though. lolol

I believe most animals can sense changes in barometric pressure, which gives them instinct behaviors on weather patterns.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I wonder what it is that tells them danger is near or going to happen, if even our best equipment cannot predict it.. They were just talking about snakes and ground critters coming out of hibernation into the frozen tundra in Asia hours before a big quake. They used that sign to start evacuating people, and sure enough there was a catastrophic earthquake.

I think its a survival mechanism that animals have or born with whatever you want to call it

Living in the wild they have to have it

Even dogs that have been domesticated over the years have it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers