Blade Runner Final Cut

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Can anyone explain to me the meaning behind the unicorn?.. Why does he daydream about it? What significance does it have with the little paper statue at the end???

I've seen this movie half a dozen times, but I'm still a little confused. If you're a fan of the film, definitely pick up the Final Cut which was released today!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can anyone explain to me the meaning behind the unicorn?.. Why does he daydream about it? What significance does it have with the little paper statue at the end???

I've seen this movie half a dozen times, but I'm still a little confused. If you're a fan of the film, definitely pick up the Final Cut which was released today!

The most popular theory is that when Deckard dreams of the unicorn that those are memories implanted by the tyrell corporation.

the proof of this is that late in the third act, Gaff (edward james almos) leaves an oragami (sp?) figure outside rachels apartment.

this could leave one to believe that Deckard is in fact, a replicant.

great movie, still ahead of it's time.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    great movie, still ahead of it's time.
    Just got finished watching it again.. I totally agree.. Still trying to decipher this stuff.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I watched the Final Cut a couple of weeks ago. Not all that different from the "directors cut". Still gotta work my way through the other 4 cuts in the set :D Brilliant film. I do love the way it's completely left up to the audience to decide who's a replicant.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I do love the way it's completely left up to the audience to decide who's a replicant.

absolutely, in any other film it would be the reveal that the whole film would center around. here, it's merely a curious side note.

(without the irritating v.o.) Deckard never really seems comfortable in his own skin. If Deckard is a replicant and doesn't realize it as Rachel is, than probably a good portion of the population left on earth might be a bunch of people with memories they never actually experienced....

this movie still blows my mind way after it should seem tired and dated.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA