I hate January..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
The only month I despise.. but I'll take the 50 degree weather we're supposed to have over the next few days!

Seriously, as long as it above freezing outside I'm happy. I'll take any other month over January in Chicago.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    The only month I despise.. but I'll take the 50 degree weather we're supposed to have over the next few days!

Seriously, as long as it above freezing outside I'm happy. I'll take any other month over January in Chicago.

and i'm going to help you moan about weather :) yeah, it sucks when i was in Russia i used to admire snow and i didn't care for cold too much, because i used to put lots of layers, my dress sense was not about fashion. When i came to UK i had to dress well and i like to dress well, but when it's cold and windy and raining it's just fucking awful. i think i'm becoming like lots of those English people who wish to move to hot country. i want to do that to!! i want to have summer all year around.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    well i like january, 1 because my bday is on the 31st and i was born on the same day as my wonderful grand mother who sadly is no longer with us:( So every birthday feels empty without my lovely nana. 2) well I live in sydney, the southern hemishpere baby!!! that means we get weather from about 25-35 degrees celcius, so u know what that means, I get to hit our lovely beaches.

The Moral of the story, move to Australia in the summer months, or ur winter months.... :D:D:D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • i think jan gets a bad press. i kinda like it. its all about optimism and thinking that you are in control,

I plan silly little things to look forward to every day, coz the dark nights can get u down. Like, starting to read a new book or making a special meal to share...

My down days happen whatever time of year...so im trying to be chilled and confident and more in control...wish me luck xxx
  • its gonna reach 60 in mass on tuesday :):D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • genie wrote:
    and i'm going to help you moan about weather :) yeah, it sucks when i was in Russia i used to admire snow and i didn't care for cold too much, because i used to put lots of layers, my dress sense was not about fashion. When i came to UK i had to dress well and i like to dress well, but when it's cold and windy and raining it's just fucking awful. i think i'm becoming like lots of those English people who wish to move to hot country. i want to do that to!! i want to have summer all year around.

Excuse me people...

Are you Russian? Well, I never knew that!!!
  • Excuse me people...

well that explains the bitchiness :p;)

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I like January...but I LOOOOOOOOOVE weather!!! We're having the biggest storm we've had in years and I keep running outside to watch it! I'm weird like that. :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• I like January...but I LOOOOOOOOOVE weather!!! We're having the biggest storm we've had in years and I keep running outside to watch it! I'm weird like that. :)
    yea i heard theres like 44,000 without power. sounds cool though. i live for thunderstorms.

• well that explains the bitchiness :p;)

I was going to say maybe that's why shw seems grumpy. ;)
    Excuse me people...

good :) i don't want people to know, because where i'm from does not determine who i am
  • At least the days are getting longer, right?

I'm with you though, I hate January... I hate the winter in general. I'm taking a trip to Vermont in two weeks where it will probably be below zero with 3 feet of snow on the ground... it'll make this recent cold spell feel like a heat wave! :)
    well that explains the bitchiness :p;)

actually i'm very nice in real life, you are welcome to find out ;) hehe

this place is my outlet sometimes :)
  • genie wrote:
    good :) i don't want people to know, because where i'm from does not determine who i am

That's pretty cool though. I like Russians. (Although I've only met one). :rolleyes:
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Va-january!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    genie wrote:
    actually i'm very nice in real life, you are welcome to find out ;) hehe

this place is my outlet sometimes :)

What's the age of consent in London?!? Whatever it is I'm guessing Drop the Leash is presently getting his passport lined up! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    What's the age of consent in London?!? Whatever it is I'm guessing Drop the Leash is presently getting his passport lined up! ;)

The same as the rest of England. ;):D
    The same as the rest of England. ;):D

I thought maybe it was like here in the States with drivers licenses. Apparently people down south can handle a car at a much earlier age that us Northerners. I believe it's known as the Dukes Of Hazzard Theory of Relativity. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    I thought maybe it was like here in the States with drivers licenses. Apparently people down south can handle a car at a much earlier age that us Northerners. I believe it's known as the Dukes Of Hazzard Theory of Relativity. ;)

Oh. Sorry. I was taking the piss. I didn't realise.
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    i cant take drivers ed till May 14th. :mad:

Oh. Sorry. I was taking the piss. I didn't realise.

That has to be the #1 phrase that needs to be adopted here in the U.S. I keep trying to use it but all I get is referrals to a urologist.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:
    That has to be the #1 phrase that needs to be adapted here in the U.S. I keep trying to use it but all I get is referrals to a urologist.

stop talking to doctors then....:p
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I believe it's known as the Dukes Of Hazzard Theory of Relativity. ;)

Turns out I was wrong. The Dukes of Hazzard Theory of Relativity is actually based on the belief that your cousin truly isn't family if you've had too much 'shine to drink.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    Turns out I was wrong. The Dukes of Hazzard Theory of Relativity is actually based on the belief that your cousin truly isn't family if you've had too much 'shine to drink.
    lmao!!!!!!!!!

• I'm ok with Jan.

It's september that really pisses me off.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    January does suck. All the holidays are done. Long cold dark winter nights and all anyone talks about is spring. The whole month is a waste of time.
  • November is the worst month
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jan 2 until Memorial Day sucks No company holidays
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I'm sooo over January...I'm ready for February! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....