Who are you picking for tomorrow nites game?

2

Comments

  • ryan198 wrote:
    I'm a Cowboy fan, and I hope Romo doesn't reach that catergory...though he's closing in.
    You're kidding, right? Brett Favre is a 3 time MVP and Super Bowl winner. Tony Romo's legacy is a botched field goal snap. Talk to me in fourteen years, when Romo has started every game playing through injuries, won a NFL title and been named at least one MVP.

    Hoofa.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    You're kidding, right? Brett Favre is a 3 time MVP and Super Bowl winner. Tony Romo's legacy is a botched field goal snap. Talk to me in fourteen years, when Romo has started every game playing through injuries, won a NFL title and been named at least one MVP.

    Hoofa.
    Woah...I was talking about the word love thing, not on field performance. I generally despise media darlings, and Favre is certainly that. All I was saying is that Romo is moving into the media darling catergory, and I like him better as the botched snap guy who is a good qb anyway.

    Also let's not forget that Favre was a known drug abuser who didn't get the boot, or even a 4 game stint on the substance abuse list mostly because his name is Brett Favre. While abusing painkillers isn't necessarily against league policy when you break the law to get those painkillers it is, and he should have been punished. So to clarify Brett Favre is a great QB, 3 time MVP winner, Super Bowl champion, and a vicodin addict. The funny thing is that this went down at the same time Ricky Williams was doing his thing with pot, and the media only focused on Williams though Favre was breaking the law too.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 9,892
    1985 bears.....
    greatest team in nfl history...........
    Only till February 3, 2008
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Poncier wrote:
    Only till February 3, 2008
    as much as i hated the '85 bears i think they could beat the '07 pats. They did everything necessary to beat this years Pats team, pressured the QB, had a dominant secondary, had a HOF running back, and passed the ball enough. Since the Pats really can't stop the run, and Brady doesn't react well to pressure (who does?), this would be a tough game for them. In fact, of all the great teams, I think the '85 Bears are the worst matchup for this years Pats team.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 9,892
    ryan198 wrote:
    as much as i hated the '85 bears i think they could beat the '07 pats. They did everything necessary to beat this years Pats team, pressured the QB, had a dominant secondary, had a HOF running back, and passed the ball enough. Since the Pats really can't stop the run, and Brady doesn't react well to pressure (who does?), this would be a tough game for them. In fact, of all the great teams, I think the '85 Bears are the worst matchup for this years Pats team.
    Its like the Ali vs Tyson vs Marciano argument...we'l never be able to truly know, but I think it would be a hell of a game, but to me the difference is in the QB position...Brady would make enough plays, McMahon would not.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,104
    1985 bears.....
    greatest team in nfl history...........


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8cwPZ6Q0A
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Poncier wrote:
    Its like the Ali vs Tyson vs Marciano argument...we'l never be able to truly know, but I think it would be a hell of a game, but to me the difference is in the QB position...Brady would make enough plays, McMahon would not.
    if it came down to passing you are right, and to clarify i think this pats team matches up against many of the other great teams quite favorably, but i really think that all mcmahon would have to do is turn around and hand the ball to walter payton and he would milk the clock and take about 28 carries for 180 yards against the pats shaky run D. the fun part is arguing it out even though you are also right that we could never know.
  • ryan198 wrote:
    Woah...I was talking about the word love thing, not on field performance. I generally despise media darlings, and Favre is certainly that. All I was saying is that Romo is moving into the media darling catergory, and I like him better as the botched snap guy who is a good qb anyway.

    Also let's not forget that Favre was a known drug abuser who didn't get the boot, or even a 4 game stint on the substance abuse list mostly because his name is Brett Favre. While abusing painkillers isn't necessarily against league policy when you break the law to get those painkillers it is, and he should have been punished. So to clarify Brett Favre is a great QB, 3 time MVP winner, Super Bowl champion, and a vicodin addict. The funny thing is that this went down at the same time Ricky Williams was doing his thing with pot, and the media only focused on Williams though Favre was breaking the law too.
    I still think Romo doesnt get anywhere near the ass kissing Favre does. I think people kiss Big Ben's ass more than Romo. Or Tom Brady.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    no he doesn't but i prefer it stay that way.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118
    dallas will win...

    unfortunately
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118
    1985 bears.....
    greatest team in nfl history...........

    I agree... Brady wouldnt finish the game... they (pats) have ZERO running game... and an average defense


    The 85 Bears would tee off, buddy would dial up blitz after blitz... payton would have 100 and 2 td's... and the bears would win in a rout

    i figure

    Bears 31
    Pats 13


    i guess most people assume this is the first high flying offense the league has ever seen? the NFL graveyard is littered with them... and most of them had better running games and D's then this group of clowns

    i cannot wait until the Colts beat them in the playoffs... again
  • ryan198 wrote:

    Also let's not forget that Favre was a known drug abuser who didn't get the boot, or even a 4 game stint on the substance abuse list mostly because his name is Brett Favre. While abusing painkillers isn't necessarily against league policy when you break the law to get those painkillers it is, and he should have been punished. So to clarify Brett Favre is a great QB, 3 time MVP winner, Super Bowl champion, and a vicodin addict. The funny thing is that this went down at the same time Ricky Williams was doing his thing with pot, and the media only focused on Williams though Favre was breaking the law too.

    Such a load of crap. First, you make him sound like a drug addict. Have you seen the list of injuries he's sustained AND played through in his career? He was prescribed Vicodin by his Dr, which he became addicted to. Vicodin is an addictive substance and while it's something which should be treated and taken care of right away, how can you demonize the man for it? He had a problem, he addressed it and hasn't looked back. It's not even comparable to cocaine users in the nfl or even potheads.

    He broke the law to get the painkillers, but that wasn't known until much after he admitted his problem and got help/treatment for it. Are you also going to fine to and suspend Tony Romo for admitting to buying a dime bag in college? (hypothetical) Give me a break. The real funny thing is that you don't know what you're talking about and have no sense of recent history. Favre's problems with prescription painkillers lasted a short time and he sought treatment and was clean and sober for good before the 1997 season. Ricky Williams wasn't even in the NFL by then! Also, Ricky was using an ILLEGAL substance, it's not even comparable.

    Favre is one of the top 3 qb's of all time. Best of all time IMO when you look at his MVP's, Super Bowl win, iron man streak, winning consistency and numerous records. Tony Romo is a decent, rising young qb who choked in the playoffs. Nothing more. Comparing him to Favre is like comparing Carmelo Anthony to Michael Jordan or Prince Fielder to Hank Aaron. You just sound retarded.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • ryan198 wrote:
    For me it's not so much Favre that I'm sick of it's the fact that announcers make word love to him every twelve seconds

    Maybe it's because he's the greatest QB of all time and they are privileged to watch him play when he could have been inducted in the hall of fame if he retired 5 years ago. Sports announcers are supposed to be sports enthusiasts. Maybe they realize they are witnessing a living, walking, PLAYING legend.
    ryan198 wrote:
    that gets annoying.

    Boo hoo for you. Put the game on mute. What gets annoying is that 'America's team' bullshit. There are more Cowboys haters than fans and that's a fact. Green Bay is THE all American team. Owned by fans and in a fan community with approachable players. Not Jerry Jones, T.O., coke heads and marketing overload.
    ryan198 wrote:
    I'm a Cowboy fan,

    That's obvious.
    ryan198 wrote:
    and I hope Romo doesn't reach that catergory...though he's closing in.

    Don't worry, he won't come close. Take TO and that Oline away and he's a glorified Drew Brees. Decent QB, but comparable to Favre??? Hahaha. Give Favre TO, Witten and a behemoth Oline and he'd have 5 MVP's and 4 Super Bowl rings.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    1985 chicago bears....
    greatest team in history....


    Then they had to play Miami and when you don't win all your games in one season you can't be considered as "the greatest". And I liked Bears of that generation.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    rangers finally win one over the crosstown rivals the islanders .

    4-3
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • even flow? wrote:
    Then they had to play Miami and when you don't win all your games in one season you can't be considered as "the greatest". And I liked Bears of that generation.



    The only teams to run the table was the '72 Dolphins. But they only played 14 regular season games during that time. So, IMO, 15-1 85 Bears > 14-0 Miami Dolphins.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118
    even flow? wrote:
    Then they had to play Miami and when you don't win all your games in one season you can't be considered as "the greatest". And I liked Bears of that generation.

    i will take the 1985 Bears MINUS 7 over the Pats

    and i would win your money :)
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Maybe it's because he's the greatest QB of all time and they are privileged to watch him play when he could have been inducted in the hall of fame if he retired 5 years ago. Sports announcers are supposed to be sports enthusiasts. Maybe they realize they are witnessing a living, walking, PLAYING legend.
    C'mon you don't think it get old hearing "how Brett Favre is gonna do Brett Favre kinda things"? I guess two years ago when they were getting plastered by Baltimore that was him as a playing legend? Look he's great and I understand that, in fact, he's more palatable than Brady and Manning, but it's just annoying that's all.

    Boo hoo for you. Put the game on mute. What gets annoying is that 'America's team' bullshit. There are more Cowboys haters than fans and that's a fact. Green Bay is THE all American team. Owned by fans and in a fan community with approachable players. Not Jerry Jones, T.O., coke heads and marketing overload.
    I've haven't heard too much 'America's team' stuff about the Cowboys lately, but yes that is ridiculous...I'm not for it at all. We haven't had a known (I'm sure there are some on every team) cokehead since Irvin, so I don't get that line of argument.

    Don't worry, he won't come close. Take TO and that Oline away and he's a glorified Drew Brees. Decent QB, but comparable to Favre??? Hahaha. Give Favre TO, Witten and a behemoth Oline and he'd have 5 MVP's and 4 Super Bowl rings.
    Oh I get it with that Oline, TO, and Witten Brett Favre would eiffel tower the virgin mary with paul...no seriously, I have never said that Romo was/is as good as Favre I just don't like that the media has some serious word-love for him on par as Favre.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i want gb to win but i see Favre reverting to his old self and throwing maybe 3 ints


    Esther's here and she's sick?

    hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 9,892
    my2hands wrote:
    I agree... Brady wouldnt finish the game... they (pats) have ZERO running game... and an average defense


    The 85 Bears would tee off, buddy would dial up blitz after blitz... payton would have 100 and 2 td's... and the bears would win in a rout

    i figure

    Bears 31
    Pats 13


    i guess most people assume this is the first high flying offense the league has ever seen? the NFL graveyard is littered with them... and most of them had better running games and D's then this group of clowns

    i cannot wait until the Colts beat them in the playoffs... again
    I find your argument quite humorous, now lets pepper in a few facts:
    A. The Pats running game is 7th in the NFL this year...so not as bad as you perceive (thats probably because your argument seems to be based strictly on what you watched this past Sunday night while ignoring 10 previous games)
    2. The Pats are 3rd in the league this year in total defense...not bad for a "group of clowns".

    Thirdly. The Pats have the league's 5th rated run defense this year, allowing 86.1 ypg. So again, you need to watch all 11 games, not just 1 to argue properly.

    The Pats also have excellent special teams, have returned a couple of kicks for TD, an excellent punt returner in Welker, have not yielded a special teams score and Gostkoski often reaches the end zone with his kickoffs and has only missed 2 FG's (of course you saw one Sunday so must assume he is the second coming of Scott Sissen as a result) and is 58 for 58 on PAT's.

    Now lets not overlook the fact that the Pats are a bit more than a "high flying offense", but are in fact on pace to shatter the NFL points and point differential records.
    Line up the skill positions and the Pats win every one except obviously RB where Payton towers over Maroney. But Brady is so far ahead of McMahon its sily. And if you argue that Willie Gault is even close to Randy Moss, you must give up watching football and order season tickets to the ballet.

    Now clearly the 85 Bears D is far superior to the 07 Pats D, but since you seem to be basing your negative points about the Pats on one close game, I could use the Bears' one loss against Miami's aerial attack (with very little running), a game which the Bears' DB's were mercilessly torched by Marino and the Marks Bros and say that Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Watson could expect similar results.
    Brady will likely go down as the greatest QB in league history when all is said and done, he should get his 4th ring in Feb (sorry your beloved Colts have no shot in January in Foxboro), and he's about halfway through his career. His ability to read D's and make quick decisions would help nutralize the Buddy Ryan 46 to an extent, and the Pats would game plan a lot of screens and quick outs to slow the pass rush.

    It would be a hell of a game and not the cake walk you envision.

    And should the Pats finish 19-0, even Mike Ditka and Don Shula will have to proclaim them the greatest team in NFL history.

    Boy this is a good time to be a sports fan in New England.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I will say this with the most kindness..............FUCK THE BEARS AND PATS. :D
  • America's Team will win, but not by much. D won't cover (if the line is still 7 @ game time) Favre is the better QB. but Dallas has a run game, to set up the play-action, and spread the ball around to Jones & Barber. Once that's done, To, Witten, and Crayton will have a good chance to beat GB secondary. Favre is a stud, but D has the advantage.
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

    www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Such a load of crap. First, you make him sound like a drug addict. Have you seen the list of injuries he's sustained AND played through in his career? He was prescribed Vicodin by his Dr, which he became addicted to. Vicodin is an addictive substance and while it's something which should be treated and taken care of right away, how can you demonize the man for it? He had a problem, he addressed it and hasn't looked back. It's not even comparable to cocaine users in the nfl or even potheads.

    He broke the law to get the painkillers, but that wasn't known until much after he admitted his problem and got help/treatment for it. Are you also going to fine to and suspend Tony Romo for admitting to buying a dime bag in college? (hypothetical) Give me a break. The real funny thing is that you don't know what you're talking about and have no sense of recent history. Favre's problems with prescription painkillers lasted a short time and he sought treatment and was clean and sober for good before the 1997 season. Ricky Williams wasn't even in the NFL by then! Also, Ricky was using an ILLEGAL substance, it's not even comparable.

    Favre is one of the top 3 qb's of all time. Best of all time IMO when you look at his MVP's, Super Bowl win, iron man streak, winning consistency and numerous records. Tony Romo is a decent, rising young qb who choked in the playoffs. Nothing more. Comparing him to Favre is like comparing Carmelo Anthony to Michael Jordan or Prince Fielder to Hank Aaron. You just sound retarded.

    getting drugs illegally is, in fact, illegal. second please don't think i'm comparing romo the player to favre the player...i was comparing their celebrity status that's all. what is it with packer fans and their brett favre? is he really that godly that he's above criticism? it's funny how you all have jumped down my throat just for merely suggesting that romo is becoming a celebrity like favre, and somehow each stated that i said he was as good as favre...i guess i don't get rooting for someone so blindly, but that's fine. i do love Prince though.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    wish i could see it, damn time warner!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

    -Greg Dulli

  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    mdigenakis wrote:
    wish i could see it, damn time warner!
    no shit i have to go to a bar to watch it, and i really don't want to get f'd on thursday night, but when in rome.
  • mdigenakis wrote:
    wish i could see it, damn time warner!


    Try to find a bar that has it. Don't miss it. :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    mdigenakis wrote:
    wish i could see it, damn time warner!


    we don't even have a special package or anything and we get nfl network.


    Esther's here and she's sick?

    hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    brainofPJ wrote:
    we don't even have a special package or anything and we get nfl network.
    you lucky sonofabitch...i think the fact that i have to go to a bar is preventing me from having positive thoughts for the cowboys especially since the packers play near the hometown of baseball's favorite beermakers.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,374
    Can't wait for the game, obviously GO PACK GO!! It will be tough, but I think they can win. I think a lot will have to do if Woodson plays or not. Glad I can watch the game in the comfort of my own appartment with a case of beer!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,374
    Such a load of crap. First, you make him sound like a drug addict. Have you seen the list of injuries he's sustained AND played through in his career? He was prescribed Vicodin by his Dr, which he became addicted to. Vicodin is an addictive substance and while it's something which should be treated and taken care of right away, how can you demonize the man for it? He had a problem, he addressed it and hasn't looked back. It's not even comparable to cocaine users in the nfl or even potheads.

    He broke the law to get the painkillers, but that wasn't known until much after he admitted his problem and got help/treatment for it. Are you also going to fine to and suspend Tony Romo for admitting to buying a dime bag in college? (hypothetical) Give me a break. The real funny thing is that you don't know what you're talking about and have no sense of recent history. Favre's problems with prescription painkillers lasted a short time and he sought treatment and was clean and sober for good before the 1997 season. Ricky Williams wasn't even in the NFL by then! Also, Ricky was using an ILLEGAL substance, it's not even comparable.

    Favre is one of the top 3 qb's of all time. Best of all time IMO when you look at his MVP's, Super Bowl win, iron man streak, winning consistency and numerous records. Tony Romo is a decent, rising young qb who choked in the playoffs. Nothing more. Comparing him to Favre is like comparing Carmelo Anthony to Michael Jordan or Prince Fielder to Hank Aaron. You just sound retarded.

    WELL, WELL said. Favre above any player in the NFL and probably all of sports (except Tiger and maybe Jordan when he was still playing) has earned the respect and praise from commentators. As far as Romo's celeb status, I think it has more to do with the although hot, airheaded woman he dates. He's a decent QB but he's got a long, long way to go to be in the same universe as Favre.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
Sign In or Register to comment.