The Amazing Race 12 starts Nov 4th

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/

Oh yea here we go again. I love this show. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes, probably the only reality that is somewhat entertaining.
  • Yes, probably the only reality that is somewhat entertaining.

It's the only show I want to be on. :D

Looks to be a great season.
  • ahhh i love that show!

my husband and i submitted an audition tape and application years ago...
    never heard from 'em.

but anyway... looking forward to the new season :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    my favorite show! anyone else sending in their casting tape?
  • Bump for tonight. :D
  • Tonight they are in Amsterdam. The teams all seem really good. Looks to be another great season as we go along.
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    wait, remind me again why I'm supposed to care... "reality" TV sucks (except Mythbusters). Especially since it isn't even "real." Have you seen how many writers and editors those shows employ? If it's "reality," why would you need a scriptwriter, anyway?
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • godpt3 wrote:
    wait, remind me again why I'm supposed to care... "reality" TV sucks (except Mythbusters). Especially since it isn't even "real." Have you seen how many writers and editors those shows employ? If it's "reality," why would you need a scriptwriter, anyway?

I don't care if you watch it or not. IMO it's one of the best shows on t.v. :D
  • great to see them in ireland last week to start off the race. :) ...and a ferry to the aran islands, no less!

..and this week...amsterdam! great locations so far this season.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i haven't watched this show since the second season i think.

so i tuned in briefly and now i have a reason to watch:

the Asians! Asian power! that guy was cracking me up when they were at the airport.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    i retract the above statement.

• I can't stand the Asian father anymore.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    THE ASIAN FAther NEEDS TO GO, very annoying
    I can't stand the Asian father anymore.

typical Asian father.

i liked when he went off on that kid in the airport though.

punk kid.

godpt3 wrote:

no one said you were supposed to care. this is a thread about a show that others enjoy watching.

fyi...
    "reality tv", as a genre, is not to be confused with nonfiction programming. no one is trying to pull a fast one over viewers. i think people know that they're tuning into produced entertainment.

and...reality tv needs writers because every television program needs them.

reality shows have hundreds (or more) of hours of footage and a writer takes that madness and makes it entertaining. unlike scripted shows, the bulk of the writing comes after the events have occurred on tape. they develop a script with moments that occurred in the field...which may or may not have been coerced by the field producers. sometimes the best stuff comes when you just let the cameras roll.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Preview for next week show a meltdown! I love those! Also everyone is right, the father has to go.

I like the Goths, the hippie and his girl, and the couple that came in first this week. The brother and sister seem a little too close if ya know what I mean! He called her "babe" or "honey" or some such thing when she found the other bike. Just creepy!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Preview for next week show a meltdown! I love those! Also everyone is right, the father has to go.

I like the Goths, the hippie and his girl, and the couple that came in first this week. The brother and sister seem a little too close if ya know what I mean! He called her "babe" or "honey" or some such thing when she found the other bike. Just creepy!

Yea know the goth girl is kinda cute.
  • The goth chic is hot. :)
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    The goth chic is hot. :)

and so sensitive too!!! :D

That dad is meeeeeeeeeeeeeean!! (can't recall the names)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    and so sensitive too!!! :D

That dad is meeeeeeeeeeeeeean!! (can't recall the names)

I can only imagine the feelings you get from seeing what they see.

The dad with his daughter?
    I can only imagine the feelings you get from seeing what they see.

The dad with his daughter?

Yes, hernia guy!!! what if that thing strangulated out in the middle of Africa!!! I am surprised they let him on this show with that!!
  • Lizard wrote:
    Yes, hernia guy!!! what if that thing strangulated out in the middle of Africa!!! I am surprised they let him on this show with that!!

He's was worse at the start. He has got improved with talking with her. But you can see she has her limits. The blondes I cant stand.

I'm sure they have medical teams just in case.
  • I can't stand the retarded blondes and the couple that came in second place last episode. Fucking bitches. "we don't think it's fair cause they won three times now... bitch, piss, moan"

They have to go.
    I actually really liked the father/daughter team in the first episode. They're from Washington and the father was pretty funny singing "Danny Boy" across the zip line...
  • the asian guy is an asshole... that hernia is just a ball of karma
  • i love this show! i've always wanted to be on this show but i either don't have the time to make a tape or the person i want to do the show with doesn't have a passport.

anywho, i'm really interested to find out what happens to the blond bitches in the car. i can't stand them!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • I have seen them all and I cant stand it anymore. Its sick how they thrive off drama and want it to happen. Its also very embarassing to see how Americans act in other countries. Very sad.
    I'll be back
  • I have seen them all and I cant stand it anymore. Its sick how they thrive off drama and want it to happen. Its also very embarassing to see how Americans act in other countries. Very sad.

Not all Americans act like that.
  • Not all Americans act like that.

I know not all but the ones they put of TV do.
    I'll be back
    I can't stand the retarded blondes and the couple that came in second place last episode. Fucking bitches. "we don't think it's fair cause they won three times now... bitch, piss, moan"

They have to go.

you got your wish!