Options

Local H might have a great Idea Pearl Jam!!

Nixon in DetroitNixon in Detroit Posts: 592
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I just got a email from Local H saying that they were going to play 7 nights at the same venue. Here's where it gets a little crazy. Each night they are going to play a different studio album in its entirety with one night set a side for b-sides and rarities. Can you imagine if Pealr Jam were to do this? I think it would be unreal! I was thinking if they broke the US up into like 6-8 sections it would be pretty amazing. Then they could take it over seas they shouldn't be left out on something like this. We could see the entire catalog that would be UNREAL!!!!!!!! Any way I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.
Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    local H made more than one album?

hey nixon! miss ya buddy...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    local H made more than one album?

hey nixon! miss ya buddy...

Starting May 7th, Local H will begin a 7-night stand at Chicago's Beat
    Kitchen, culminating on May 13th with the release and performance of
    their latest studio album, 12 Angry Months (Shout!Factory). Local H
    will perform a different studio album, in it's entirety, on each
    night with one night dedicated to B-sides and rarities. Each night
    will have surprise guests and a different opening act.

Fans may purchase a week-long pass via Musictoday, beginning March
    3rd. Week-long pass holders will also receive a commemorative ticket,
    discounted price, and a one of a kind T-shirt. These passes will be
    available through a pre-sale only. Individual show tickets will be
    onsale via Ticketweb.com, starting Saturday, March 8th. Show times
    TBA.

Musictoday pre-sale ticket link:

http://flowerbookingpresale.tickets.musictoday.com/moreInfo.aspx?event=109635&outlet=1781

CHICAGO RESIDENCY:

May 7 -- Ham Fisted
    May 8 -- As Good As Dead
    May 9 -- Pack Up The Cats
    May 10 -- Here Comes The Zoo
    May 11 -- Whatever Happened To P.J. Soles?
    May 12 -- B-sides and Rarities
    May 13 -- 12 Angry Months
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 448
    Interesting idea, but I don't know if I would like it. If you only play an album a night that is what an hour for each show? That is until they hit the B sides and that would take forever, they could break that up into 2+ nights.

I prefer the not knowing what is going to be played. That way I am surprised.
  • Options
    Thais is an interesting and cool idea for Local H. I don't think Pearl Jam should do this kind of thing, but it's a good concept. I think they should more 3 to 4 night stands in general. MAybe pick 5 or 6 venues across the country and just play those for 3 or 4 nights a piece.

As long as Alpine Valley is one of the venues, I'll be happy!
  • Options
    I don't know about the idea of playing a different album each night, but I love the idea of a week-long run at one venue.

A couple years back, not last summer during Lolla, Eddie was at Wrigley Field to sing the 7th inning stretch. I remember him saying at the time that an appealing idea would be for the band to play "homestands".

In other words, they'd hole up in Seattle, play a bunch of shows and have people come to them rather than touring. I still think it'd be an interesting thing. I know many of us drive multiple hours to see them anyway (and I envy those of you who can do it more than a couple times a tour). But how great would it be just to head out a city and know they were going to be playing a few different shows during one week? You'd have enough time to explore a city and still catch multiple shows.
  • Options
    Wow...they didn't steal this idea from Wilco at all.....
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Or Cheap Trick who did the same thing is 1998.
    Only difference... since everything after their first 3 albums was crap, they did the first 3 albums in their entirety according to the tracklists on 3 consecutive nights at the House Of Blues.
    Then, they played crap from 'Dream Police' and that horrid something fire song.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i like that on halloween local h play an entire concert as a different band, act like them, talk like them, everything, its pretty cool

phish used to do it to but not the extent that local h does
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    OK what about 2 albums per night?
  • Options
    I think it would be cool if they did homestands, too. Maybe for their last tour (which wont happen for a while). This is my idea for the states:

They could pick out, say, 8 different cities evenly dispersed across America. They could take a census to determine a certain radius around these stadiums for which members residing in these areas could buy tickets so that EVERYONE could get a chance to see them close to home. No Seattle residents traveling to New York or anything like that. These would have to be fairly good sized venues. They could have a rotating ticket selection for each venue so everyone would get a chance to see one night from good seats. They could play an album each night to open the show and then have a normal setlist afterwards. Then "Lost Dogs" could be a full show itself. They could do all the tracks, i.e. Bugs, Aye Davanita, Push Me Pull Me. And, of course, release bootlegs of each show.

I think it would be a cool idea. Does this make sense to anyone else?

EDIT: I think it would be cool to have a live performance of each full CD!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options

Well, not that I'm excited about trying to defend Local H here, but this is considerably different than what Wilco did. Wilco repeated many songs over the five nights and made no attempt to play any songs in order or any particular album each night.

And they didn't play all the b-sides :mad:

But yeah, Cosmo's right about Cheap Trick doing it and Lucinda Williams actually did this last year as well.
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    A few years ago Local H played "Pack Up The Cats" in it's entirety, unannounced, at a show and all their fans went apeshi* for it. I'm sure this idea has been brewing for a long time based on that.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I saw Primus play Sailing the Seas of Cheese at Roseland, and Frizzle Fry at Radio City. They ruled, especially Sailing... Les rules.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Alright! oh yah!

I am a huge local h fan. Scott is a cool dude. He snuck me into my first bar when I was 18. ALong with my 18 pearl jam ames posters I have a local H poster from the rocekt bar show in st. louis. It was the cd release ( invite only ) party for the EP like 6 years ago.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    mansfield experiment?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Biffy Clyro also did this a few years back in Glasgow, wish I'd gone now. Hard to see Pearl Jam doing this and touring it around the world. They'd have to pick a few choice cities I'd think or do it in Seattle. Also playing all their albums and B-sides/rarities, how many shows would that be? What about covers? Sonic Youth recently played Daydream Nation in it's entirety here in Sydney under the All Tomorrows Parties banner I think, a few other bands also played some of their entire classic albums. I think PJ would have to take this approach and they've kinda done it with the Italy 2006 show playing the entire new album, also back in the Ten days they did it too, so it's not an entirely new idea.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....