Options

~SUGGESTIONS from "the married".....

SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
ok so um, i need some suggestions from the married people here. or ANYONE really.

Its my brothers anniversary & i volunteered to watch the kidz BECUZ.....they like NEVVVVER go out. EVER. There are tons of things to do in los angeles but....its a bit harder for me to suggest to HIM. He used to be a cop so he has this thing about STOOPID PEOPLE out after 7pm on a saturday night! He is all about business and loves telling people what to do. he swears nobody should be out late at night. He's a chump. Im trying to be nice and take pity on him and my sister in law becuz its as if they are just consumed with their kidz and lost touch with each other. SO, all you married people......GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS on where they should go out tonite!!! something fun. Dancing is out. SUGGESTIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!! and thank you! :)
~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ok so um, i need some suggestions from the married people here. or ANYONE really.

Its my brothers anniversary & i volunteered to watch the kidz BECUZ.....they like NEVVVVER go out. EVER. There are tons of things to do in los angeles but....its a bit harder for me to suggest to HIM. He used to be a cop so he has this thing about STOOPID PEOPLE out after 7pm on a saturday night! He is all about business and loves telling people what to do. he swears nobody should be out late at night. He's a chump. Im trying to be nice and take pity on him and my sister in law becuz its as if they are just consumed with their kidz and lost touch with each other. SO, all you married people......GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS on where they should go out tonite!!! something fun. Dancing is out. SUGGESTIONS ASAP PLEASE!!!! and thank you! :)

I'm not married but you are a trip Sen.
    I hope it's ok if I make a suggestion then

It's 7:23pm in LA, so how can they go out anyway? WHat about having dinner and going to a movie?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    I'm not married but you are a trip Sen.
    I hope it's ok if I make a suggestion then

It's 7:23pm in LA, so how can they go out anyway? WHat about having dinner and going to a movie?

a trip. is that a GOOD thing?! :eek:

yeah dinner and a movie is good. I was trying to give my sister in law something else to do apart from that. shes young and NEVER gets out-she married my brother!!!! :eek: p.s-they are leaving in an hour maybe....

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    a trip. is that a GOOD thing?! :eek:

yeah dinner and a movie is good. I was trying to give my sister in law something else to do apart from that. shes young and NEVER gets out-she married my brother!!!! :eek: p.s-they are leaving in an hour maybe....

yes, your enthusiasm about life is contagious and makes me smile :) YOu have a good spirit
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    yes, your enthusiasm about life is contagious and makes me smile :) YOu have a good spirit

YAY!!! :D i must admit, my enthusiasm fell by the wayside a few months ago but.....NOT ANYMORE!!! :D THANK YOU!

ok so um......what about bowling?! they need quality time!!!!! FUN!!!!

• Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    in and out burger
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    this might sound silly but.....mini golf? :o:)
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YAY!!! :D i must admit, my enthusiasm fell by the wayside a few months ago but.....NOT ANYMORE!!! :D THANK YOU!

ok so um......what about bowling?! they need quality time!!!!! FUN!!!!

No worries. LOL, Kid put a smile back on your face?! ;) J/k

I think bowling is fun! I haven't done that in a while. I'm not good at it though
    I put the ball down and just kind of roll it! LOL :D
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

oooooooh GOOD CALL!!!!! They used to go there ALL the time when they started dating 12 YEARS AGO!!! yes!!! it might bring back the sparks!!! :D

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    OMG that is so Fun! I haven't done that in a while either!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    go pre wrote:
    in and out burger

thats a good idea too. they go there alot alreddie cuz its only....5 minutes away! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    oooooooh GOOD CALL!!!!! They used to go there ALL the time when they started dating 12 YEARS AGO!!! yes!!! it might bring back the sparks!!! :D

well there ya go!!! :D:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    well there ya go!!! :D:D
    im locating a place right now while my bro watches the angels game!

k any other suggestions to go along with this anyone?

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    make 'em do your laundry! :o
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    make 'em do your laundry! :o
    jeeze. you are ALWAYS trying to get out of doing your part! i swear. :D

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    SENROCK! wrote:
    jeeze. you are ALWAYS trying to get out of doing your part! i swear. :D
    I know, I have younger siblings that I used to boss around around. I still do since they're both in high school and need rides to places here and there.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    last chance guys. anymore suggestions?! wheres lizard and D2D when u need them!!!

• Options
    ok guess what! my bro and his wife started out that they were going mini golfing as cb suggested. They ended up going to a BAR with my other brother and some cop frenz and didnt get home til 230 a.m!!! :D THAT is VERY rare and unheard of! When they got home, they were laughing and talking and said they hadd a really good time and they needed it. :) yay. Thanks kidz!!!

• Options
    "so my wife says she wants to go somewhere she's never been to for our anniversery. so i told her to try the kitchen" :D:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    "so my wife says she wants to go somewhere she's never been to for our anniversery. so i told her to try the kitchen" :D:D

sadd.

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ok guess what! my bro and his wife started out that they were going mini golfing as cb suggested. They ended up going to a BAR with my other brother and some cop frenz and didnt get home til 230 a.m!!! :D THAT is VERY rare and unheard of! When they got home, they were laughing and talking and said they hadd a really good time and they needed it. :) yay. Thanks kidz!!!

That sounds like it was just what they needed to do!! I'm glad they had a good time!! ;)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

that's great.....sometimes everybody needs a blow off night! :D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    that's great.....sometimes everybody needs a blow off night! :D
    its true. :) They were sooooooo happy today. We all hung out whichis RARE. I told them that at LEEEAST once a month i will watch the kidz so they can have a day/night out. AND, i wrote a list of stuff for them to do, suggestions and tore them up and put them in a small boxxx. i told my sis in law that nexxxt time they pick a paper and whatever theyget outta the boxxx, thats what they are doing!!! my bro actually agreed! :D

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Will you babysit for me Sen???!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    Leave the brother at home with the kids and you take the sister in law out ;)
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00
  • Options
    EddiE wrote:
    Leave the brother at home with the kids and you take the sister in law out ;)

that is EXXXACTLY what i told her today! I've been trying to do that forEVER. My bro doesnt trust me taking her out cuz i am "obsessed" with PEARL JAM and all we fans do is drink and get high day and night! :rolleyes:
    i really DO need to take her out with the other chicks becuz.....she told me last night was the first time she'd EVER been to a bar!!! :eek:

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    we're old and married, there's lots to do to fix up our home, chores, milking cows, dealing with our hogs, cleaning up chicken pooh...we just go to concerts sometimes :D

we're going to go see toad the wet sprocket on june 13, and a band (with old men) called pearl jam on june 17 and 22nd!

so would copper and wife go to a concert or how about a bar with a tribute band? that's always fun....
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i really DO need to take her out with the other chicks becuz.....she told me last night was the first time she'd EVER been to a bar!!! :eek:

I wish I lived closer to you so we could go out!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Hahaha, you're brother sounds like a character.

How about a comedy club?

edit: and then I read the thread, and turns out they already went out.. jeez.. I'm bad with this little thing called "reading"

maybe a comedy club next time ;)
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    They should go out with some good, long-time friends of theirs and get shitfaced. No dancing has to be involved - just a bar with music they like, some food they like, and some friends they've known for a while (preferably another couple). Get shitfaced and forget about responsibilities for a night. Then they can get a taxi home and have hot lustful sex like they did when they were dating.

This poor wife of his. Yikes.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    fanch75 wrote:
    They should go out with some good, long-time friends of theirs and get shitfaced. No dancing has to be involved - just a bar with music they like, some food they like, and some friends they've known for a while (preferably another couple). Get shitfaced and forget about responsibilities for a night. Then they can get a taxi home and have hot lustful sex like they did when they were dating.

This poor wife of his. Yikes.

i truly love sensible fanch posts. :)
    ALL true!

and sen, sorry i didn't see this in your time of need, i haven't been around for a bit. seems like you've gotten excellent suggestions and all went well though. :) i'd not have suggested anything life-altering......dinner out to me is ALWAYS the ticket for good times and *connect* times.....followed by the lustful sex fanch mentions above. ;) recipe for success!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow